Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 02:05 PM

200 posts, read 565,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Wow that is very interesting!

Is it mostly women approaching men about having affairs or do men equally approach women?

I really can't say. With my parents, my dad worked and my mom was a stayed at home. So my dad had more daily interaction with the general public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 02:10 PM

406 posts, read 771,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You know, that really should be the point of this thread too.

It's sad when people have so little real world experience that they actually believe the things they see on MTV, the Lifetime Channel or Bravo
While watching "Mob Wives" a line struck me as funny. I won't remember the exact quote, but it was something like: I've been out of Jersey. Not everyone else lives like this.

really??? they don't??? wow.....
so sad when one lives in a bubble.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:20 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,393,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Actually there are countries like France where it is much more tolerated and sometimes even expected.
I came here to post this. I saw an article just weeks ago on how its very accepted and expected in France.

But here, no!

Old 02-24-2012, 02:24 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,203,729 times
No one is physically or mentally obligated or bound to another human. People aren't property, and rubbing skin with another person doesn't break any law. Some people place cheating on the same level as murder and it's ridiculous because we're not even biologically monogamous. It's only convenient because no one wants to lose a good person to someone else. It's jealousy.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:24 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,227,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Actually there are countries like France where it is much more tolerated and sometimes even expected.
But I thought France was the most romantic place on earth.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:57 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,418,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
especially France and Italy
I saw France and then I saw this post. It's all part of "la dolce vita" in the Med zone. Sad, but true.

People work much more to keep up appearances in Mediterranean Europe, so they will tolerate this up to a point. North Americans say "eff this" and move on. I like to identify with the Europeans, but I think North Americans have the right stance on this one. It's time to move on.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 02-24-2012 at 08:40 PM..

Old 02-24-2012, 08:02 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,616,474 times
the US seems to be the most anti-sex country in the western world. can't think of any country that comes close to being so against extra-marital sex in the west. a truly perverted country with so many problems.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:34 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,946,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Adultery has been glorified though Hollywood and the media. I reckon nearly half of all American married couples commit infidelity or have open relationships. I don't hear about couples in other countries doing this but in America.

Is the USA the only country where married couples commit adultery and it's perfectly acceptable in American culture?
You are kidding, right?

Old 02-24-2012, 08:42 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,328,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
the US seems to be the most anti-sex country in the western world. can't think of any country that comes close to being so against extra-marital sex in the west. a truly perverted country with so many problems.
it's perverted to realize that adultery is wrong? Really? Maybe what you called perverted we call morals. But I see you're from Thailand. Some countries have very strange beliefs and yours is one of them. I think your country is the perverted one when it comes to sex.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:44 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,616,474 times
USA is extremely perverted and sexually repressed. just look at the comments on this forum. your supposed "morals" result in pure sickness and evil

im from mexico btw, not thailand. was just living in bkk when i made this account. i dont like mexico eihter tho thats why i dont live there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships