Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 01:37 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,587,490 times

Advertisements

Me, myself and I.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 01:40 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,020,703 times
Seriously, you who say yourself? I know it's important to be important to yourself but I think it would suck to not have someone more important to you. Sounds lonely. And I'm alone a lot but almost never get lonely.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:43 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,763,018 times
My youngest daughter who I am still raising and who depends so much on me.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:53 PM

37,653 posts, read 46,092,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Who is the most important person in your life? Is it your husband/Wife/Boyfriend/Girlfriend. Or is it your child/Children....your parents? If your SO was drowning and you child....who would you save? Be honest.
The most important person in my life is my son. I expect that won't change until he is out making a life of his own. If my son and SO were both drowning, I expect I'd get to the one that was nearest.

Kind of a silly question...hasn't this been beaten to death over the years, here?

Old 03-03-2012, 06:20 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,495,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Who is the most important person in your life? Is it your husband/Wife/Boyfriend/Girlfriend. Or is it your child/Children....your parents? If your SO was drowning and you child....who would you save? Be honest.
My Mom.

[not married, no kids so I wouldn't have this dilemma]

Old 03-03-2012, 06:27 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,196,850 times
My baby. My adorable little baby boy!

Old 03-03-2012, 06:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,916,262 times
My son! Then my sister, niece and nephew, brother, mom, sister in law-I like her the least but I guess I would save her....maybe....j/k lol

Old 03-03-2012, 06:59 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,091,726 times
I have no idea who I'd save first and I hope I'm never in that position.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:16 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,018,961 times
My son -- bar none.

There was a time when questions like this occurred to me, NOT because I was trying to prioritize or categorize, but because there was an aspect to myself that I never quite understood; namely, that I never stopped to think of myself with this kind of thing, just zoned and operated, went into a kind of automatic-overdrive and thought of others. I've been in a couple of situations, and I've seen how I work. Children I carry through the door and deposit as soon as possible, consider them "done"; adults, I throw toward the door and say "go", expect them to pick up their own load.

But as time has passed, more and more I just think in terms of children; everyone else is either responsible for their own slack or falls to second place.

And among children, my son is number 1 and whoever is closest to my other arm is number 2. After that I'll worry about 3 and 4 and ETC.

Adults can collectively kiss my arse on their way to the cold, murky depths.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,916,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
My son -- bar none.

There was a time when questions like this occurred to me, NOT because I was trying to prioritize or categorize, but because there was an aspect to myself that I never quite understood; namely, that I never stopped to think of myself with this kind of thing, just zoned and operated, went into a kind of automatic-overdrive and thought of others. I've been in a couple of situations, and I've seen how I work. Children I carry through the door and deposit as soon as possible, consider them "done"; adults, I throw toward the door and say "go", expect them to pick up their own load.

But as time has passed, more and more I just think in terms of children; everyone else is either responsible for their own slack or falls to second place.

And among children, my son is number 1 and whoever is closest to my other arm is number 2. After that I'll worry about 3 and 4 and ETC.

Adults can collectively kiss my arse on their way to the cold, murky depths.
aahahahahah Here Here....And they can kiss the arse they rode in on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships