Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 08:49 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,932,203 times

Advertisements

Sorry OP.

I can understand where you're coming from, but I think this could be your problem, unless she's ever given you reason to doubt her
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 08:50 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,395,298 times
Quote:
You're being silly, jealous, and possessive. Get over it. Women interact with men all the time without jumping into bed with them. Sheesh
Yup. And your insecurity is a little ridiculous for someone your age. God...

Old 03-15-2012, 08:55 AM

29,755 posts, read 34,434,332 times
With regard to the thread title, it seems that the only behavior the OP's wife has engaged in is to have organized a professional conference as part of her job. It seems like the only inappropriate behavior in this scenario is that her husband doesn't trust her when she's given him no reason not to.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:26 AM

40,955 posts, read 49,242,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Yup. And your insecurity is a little ridiculous for someone your age. God...
Not really, we are all human and he loves his wife. Jealousy is a normal emotion.

We do tend to out grow it as we get older but it can still be "Normal".

Old 03-15-2012, 09:43 AM

9 posts, read 19,747 times
Here’s what happened today: I phoned her at 11 am – no answer. Text her. Phone again at hourly intervals the phone is on but she doesn’t answer. Jealous I go in overdrive. Is she mad at me or was she in an accident? I phoned one of her colleague/friends. Oh no, he says, they’re driving in three cars and she’s in one of them up ahead. She phones me 5 minutes later her phone was on silent and she’s still having fun. They had a meeting and then drove up the coast.

I guess everything is fine I’ll get her a the airport. I behaved like a teenager. Beleive me. Next time I’ll be at the last evening dinner no matter what it costs.

In future I’ll be less complacent about her. I still loves her as much as 33 years ago when we got married.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:49 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,932,203 times
Not to be flippant, but if you're this jealous when she does normal things, then consider getting help, otherwise there might not actually be a future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb150 View Post
In future I’ll be less complacent about her. I still loves her as much as 33 years ago when we got married.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:51 AM

She's having fun and enjoying her trip.

Don't be so needy or worried, she'll be home soon. Married couples need time and a life away from each other. Just makes it better when she returns.

Be an adult about it.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb150 View Post
I still loves her as much as 33 years ago when we got married.
Hopefully you love 100 times that amount.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:56 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,216,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Not to be flippant, but if you're this jealous when she does normal things, then consider getting help, otherwise there might not actually be a future
Exactly. The OP isn't helping his cause by overreacting like this. I couldn't imagine being married to someone who acted like this whenever I went out of town.

I would suggest to the OP to take the "jealous energy" and put it toward something else. If you're just at home, go exercise.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:01 AM

460 posts, read 672,408 times
Wow. She didn't answer her phone while she's out doing business socializing? Shocker!

My husband is going out to dinner for business tonight. He travels for business all the time. I have no doubts about his faithfulness. Sometimes I call him and he doesn't answer. Still no doubts about his faithfulness. Cell phones are a great invention but they really can be so intrusive. I don't always answer my phone either when I'm in the middle of a conversation or out and about. He doesn't distrust me for that reason either.

You either trust her or you don't. Go with your instinct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships