Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2012, 11:32 AM

9 posts, read 19,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southshorelady View Post
Wow. She didn't answer her phone while she's out doing business socializing? Shocker!

My husband is going out to dinner for business tonight. He travels for business all the time. I have no doubts about his faithfulness. Sometimes I call him and he doesn't answer. Still no doubts about his faithfulness. Cell phones are a great invention but they really can be so intrusive. I don't always answer my phone either when I'm in the middle of a conversation or out and about. He doesn't distrust me for that reason either.

You either trust her or you don't. Go with your instinct.
Just in mitigation, over here, and its on another continent, a cell is like a cowboys sixgun you don't switch it off cause it can save your life and people usually are in contact.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 11:35 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Well, I can only speak for myself and give you my opinion. I'm sure that everyone will think I am way out of line on this one. LOL

In my world a wife does not cavort without the spouse present. It shows a shocking lack of respect and common courtesy to you, her husband. If you cannot attend, the RIGHT thing to do would be for your wife to bow out graciously and be a wife first and foremost since, IMHO this is the MOST IMPORTANT JOB that she has. Everything else should be secondary, and traveling 1,000 miles so that she can be a party girl is NOT acceptable. Sorry if this offends people but I have a *little more self respect* than to behave quite that shamelessly.

20yrsinBranson
If people can't trust each other without being joined at the hip at all times, Branson, they have no business being married.

Besides, like LM already said, the party punctuates the end of a BUSINESS trip.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:40 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,274,376 times
I'm glad I read through the thread because I was all set to give a nice, gentle word of encouragement to you. But this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb150 View Post
Here’s what happened today: I phoned her at 11 am – no answer. Text her. Phone again at hourly intervals the phone is on but she doesn’t answer.
Is psycho behavior. If my SO ever did that to me, there would be hell for him to pay when I got back. As I'm not married, it would even be grounds for dumping him. Would you like to be interrupted at your workplace every hour? Because that's essentially what you're attempting to do to your wife.

Get a hold of yourself! Seriously! The woman has been your wife for more than 30 years, and she is on a business trip that she is required to plan and attend as part of her job. I've been to no less than 20 conferences and meetings over the course of my career, and despite what you might see on Mad Men, they are not all bangfests.

Do people go out and have fun? Yes. Do they have dinners together, maybe go dancing? Yes. Heck, on one trip, which took place in San Francisco, one of my coworkers turned 40 and about 12 of us went to this [URL="http://www.asiasf.com/index.php"]transgender fashion show[/URL] to celebrate. We had an absolute blast. (We just didn't get reimbursed for that night. ) On this trip, we had to attend mandatory 7:00 a.m. breakfast meetings, dealt with thousands of conventioneers and exhibitors, and were going on our feet until 6:00 or 7:00 every evening. Dang straight we were going to go out and have fun!

Either there's more to your marriage than you're telling us--like she has cheated in the past--or you're being absolutely paranoid and ridiculous. Something tells me this might even be more about you being resentful of your wife having the audacity to do something fun without you there. You're at home and she's out having nice meals, and you're envious of her. It's almost like you're calling obsessively to try to ruin it for her, or possibly get her into trouble with her boss.

Quote:
Well, I can only speak for myself and give you my opinion. I'm sure that everyone will think I am way out of line on this one. LOL

In my world a wife does not cavort without the spouse present. It shows a shocking lack of respect and common courtesy to you, her husband. If you cannot attend, the RIGHT thing to do would be for your wife to bow out graciously and be a wife first and foremost since, IMHO this is the MOST IMPORTANT JOB that she has. Everything else should be secondary, and traveling 1,000 miles so that she can be a party girl is NOT acceptable. Sorry if this offends people but I have a *little more self respect* than to behave quite that shamelessly.

20yrsinBranson
A lot of good that will do both of them were she to stop doing part of her job--which is to plan and attend these meetings--and consequently get fired.

The way of the world these days is that women work. I would never in a million bazillion years give up business travel as a condition of marriage just because my SO or spouse was behaving like a jealous teenager. The problem appears to be all his.

Last edited by Yzette; 03-15-2012 at 11:50 AM..

Old 03-15-2012, 11:41 AM

9 posts, read 19,733 times
Quote:
In my world a wife does not cavort without the spouse present. It shows a shocking lack of respect and common courtesy to you, her husband. If you cannot attend, the RIGHT thing to do would be for your wife to bow out graciously and be a wife first and foremost since, IMHO this is the MOST IMPORTANT JOB that she has.

20yrsinBranson
This is why i posed the question. I work all over the country and spend many nights away in hotels. But then I work for 12 hours a day and i never went on something remotely like a party. What would she say if I told her " Honey i'm in the area and only come home tomorow cause i want to go to my school reunion"?

Old 03-15-2012, 11:44 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,548,567 times
Quote:
I still loves her as much as 33 years ago when we got married.
But you still cannot trust her? Geez, a husband like you would drive me insane

Old 03-15-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
What would she say if I told her " Honey i'm in the area and only come home tomorow cause i want to go to my school reunion"?
Any normal person would say: What a nice coincidence, honey. Enjoy yourself!

Living with you must feel like serving a life sentence.

460 posts, read 672,243 times
Quote:

20yrsinBranson
Um....I don't consider myself to be a raging feminist by any means. In fact, I tend to go to the other end of the spectrum and agree that men often have an unfair deal in this world. But this????

If I didn't have kids, I would have a career. If my career required me to travel and socialize with others then that's what I would do. If my husband declined my invitation to come to a party then that's on him. It's hardly being a "party girl" to fulfill social work responsibilities. My husband is going out to dinner tonight. Even though he's going to an expensive restaurant, I know he doesn't want to go. He feels the need to be "on" and "engaging" with the big wigs in the corporation. Sometimes work looks like fun but it's still work.

36,563 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
This is why i posed the question. I work all over the country and spend many nights away in hotels. But then I work for 12 hours a day and i never went on something remotely like a party. What would she say if I told her " Honey i'm in the area and only come home tomorow cause i want to go to my school reunion"?
Hardly the same. You stated this is part of her job, you know that and have attended these functions before with her, so you know exactly whats up. Its not like she called you out of the blue to extend her trip for a non work function.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:47 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,012,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Question: Could you go to a business conference with 80% women and not cheat ? Yes you could and so can she. Has she ever given you reason to not trust her ?

It's great that you love & lust after her. When she gets home..... fix her a great meal, give her a massage, greet her with flowers and have the best sex you've ever had. Be glad she came home to you.

Yes, you're being overly jealous for no reason. Trust your wife.
I like this answer best. And I don't believe, as someone else suggested, he over-reacted yet. He just asked a question. Over-reacting would've been doing something drastic like call her and accuse her of something...hire someone to spy on her...ask one of her colleagues to keep an eye on her and report back to him...

Old 03-15-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
And I don't believe, as someone else suggested, he over-reacted yet. He just asked a question. Over-reacting would've been doing something drastic like call her and accuse her of something...
You don't count calling and texting incessantly...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships