Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 07:52 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,034,272 times

Advertisements

I know it's nice to see people who are in love, but what do you think of people who just can't seem to keep their hands off each other? They're constantly holding hands, having their hand over their shoulders, making out, brushing each other's hair, kissing each other or whispering 'I love you'. Even in church sometimes I'd see that. I'm no prude, but do you not think that kind of behaviour is a bit inappropriate for a church service?

I'm not opposed to PDA's, but to those who do it constantly, get a room. I'm not jealous or anything, I'm not the type to constantly have to affirm how much I love somebody.

Call me a grumpy old (at heart) man, but what do you think of folks like this? Are you one yourself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 07:55 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,765 times
We are constantly holding hands or touching. We May kiss each other in public if we are meeting up but we dont make out or do anything obnoxious.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:03 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,713 times
My first thought was maybe that's their love language. It's physical touch. My friend and her fiance are very touchy. I'm not against that but too much is too much at times or at least be aware that not everyone likes it.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:08 AM

3,918 posts, read 6,830,689 times
I dont see holding hands, having an arm around each other, or just snuggling up as a problem. I could see how constant kissing, especially making out, would be an issue though.

I will tell ya one thing though, when I am single, seeing any kind of PDA is sort of like salting a wound. haha. But once you are dating it feels great to be "that" guy. I am a big fan of hand holding especially.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
I dont see holding hands, having an arm around each other, or just snuggling up as a problem. I could see how constant kissing, especially making out, would be an issue though.

I will tell ya one thing though, when I am single, seeing any kind of PDA is sort of like salting a wound. haha. But once you are dating it feels great to be "that" guy. I am a big fan of hand holding especially.
Hand holding and occasionally something more in public is no big deal. But you know the type, the type who are afraid their partner will turn to salt if they don't slobber over them 24/7.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:11 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,684,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post

I'm with you ChiGuy -- I want to be one of those couples -- ha ha! Not the kissing and all, but just the touchy/feely part.

My parents have been married over 50 years and they still hold hands wherever they go. They don't do any of the other "obnoxious" things mentioned here, but they always hold hands.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:19 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,723,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I know it's nice to see people who are in love, but what do you think of people who just can't seem to keep their hands off each other? They're constantly holding hands, having their hand over their shoulders, making out, brushing each other's hair, kissing each other or whispering 'I love you'. Even in church sometimes I'd see that. I'm no prude, but do you not think that kind of behaviour is a bit inappropriate for a church service?

I'm not opposed to PDA's, but to those who do it constantly, get a room. I'm not jealous or anything, I'm not the type to constantly have to affirm how much I love somebody.

Call me a grumpy old (at heart) man, but what do you think of folks like this? Are you one yourself?
I hate that touchy-feely with a passion. They have rooms with doors that close for a reason.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:23 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,467,349 times
Okay, OP, as you suggested, you're a grumpy old man!

I draw a distinction between appropriate and inappropriate PDAs, but most PDAs don't bother me. My wife and I are probably one of those couples that bother you, as we're always holding hands, etc. It's a form of communication.

As for your comment about behavior in church, as far as I know your religion is one that says God is love, so what better place to show love than in church (with some boundaries, of course, as would apply of the street).

Old 03-16-2012, 08:23 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,020 times
It's a phase of some relationships. I do think it's cheesy and immature, but we have to realize they're in a phase and won't be like that forever.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Okay, OP, as you suggested, you're a grumpy old man!

I draw a distinction between appropriate and inappropriate PDAs, but most PDAs don't bother me. My wife and I are probably one of those couples that bother you, as we're always holding hands, etc. It's a form of communication.

As for your comment about behavior in church, as far as I know your religion is one that says God is love, so what better place to show love than in church (with some boundaries, of course, as would apply of the street).
That's true, I mean there's nothing innately wrong about it...I sound like an old lady when I say it but surely, there are times when you can control yourself a bit, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships