Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 12:12 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think this is one thing that contributes to longevity in a marriage.
Unless you aren't that type of person which is also ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 12:22 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think this is one thing that contributes to longevity in a marriage.
I agree. Some folks aren't as into physical contact as others...a long-lasting relationship means finding how each person "communicates love and affection". We are fortunate in that our "language" is pretty similar.

--Dim

Old 02-20-2013, 12:44 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,610,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I think it's just fine. OP are you saying you've seen people making out in church? I have yet to see that one.

My SO and I are touchy feelie but we don't make out in public, maybe a peck. Touching and holding hands, absolutely. A hand on the back as we walk along, that too.

I like it.
This. We're both pretty affectionate with each other, even in public. However we know where to draw the line. I don't think I've ever even sat in his lap. We'll share quick kisses in public and save the making out for private. Like someone else said, we keep it PG rated.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:48 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I've made out in church.

There's got to be some reason to go.
OMG filihok. I think that is the first time I have laughed at one of your posts..... You are usually questioning something about my opinion....

too funny.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:52 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
You are usually questioning something about my opinion....
I doubt that I question your opinion. I'm much more likely to question the application of your opinion to a subject or to question the logic behind your opinion.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:59 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I doubt that I question your opinion. I'm much more likely to question the application of your opinion to a subject or to question the logic behind your opinion.
I can agree with that.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:06 PM

518 posts, read 1,004,436 times
Me and my sweetie are one of those couples you speak of. But, we conduct ourselves respectfully in public and only hold hands and do quick pecks on the lips. But, at home....well, all bets are off!

Old 02-23-2013, 06:19 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,788,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I know it's nice to see people who are in love, but what do you think of people who just can't seem to keep their hands off each other? They're constantly holding hands, having their hand over their shoulders, making out, brushing each other's hair, kissing each other or whispering 'I love you'. Even in church sometimes I'd see that. I'm no prude, but do you not think that kind of behaviour is a bit inappropriate for a church service?

I'm not opposed to PDA's, but to those who do it constantly, get a room. I'm not jealous or anything, I'm not the type to constantly have to affirm how much I love somebody.

Call me a grumpy old (at heart) man, but what do you think of folks like this? Are you one yourself?
I think it's a great thing to find someone who shows affection like this. I would rather have someone of the opposite sex touching me a lot to show thier love rather than them only showing affection once every month. I never understood people who are distant or don't like affection when you chose to be in a relationship with someone.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:27 AM

677 posts, read 1,193,786 times
PDA is disgusting, nobody is interested to see it. That kind of thing should only be done with doors closed.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:20 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,122 times
Coming from a country where "excessive" PDA is illegal, it's refereshing to see young couples holding hands and hugging. As long as they aren't trying to stick their tongues down each others throats, it's fine by me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships