Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 11:21 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,028,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
A woman has a conversation with her doctor. "Doctor, my husband has lost his sex drive. What do I do?"

The doctor thinks for a moment. "I've been working on this formulation. It's very experimental, but let's try it. Take a fourth of a teaspoon and put it in his coffee and see what happens."

The woman leaves. A week later she's back.

"So, what happened?" the doctor asked.

"Well, I couldn't remember what you told me, whether it was a fourth of a teaspoon or four. So I put in four teaspoons."

"Good God! What happened?"

"Well, we were having breakfast. He took one sip of his coffee. His face turned red, his eyes bulged out. He stood up, tore open his shirt, swept the food off the table, picked me up, tore off my clothes and we made hot, passionate love right there on the table for the next hour."

"Well, wonderful. So why do you look so sad?"

"We can never go back to that Waffle House again."
Ahahahaha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 11:21 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I know it's nice to see people who are in love, but what do you think of people who just can't seem to keep their hands off each other? They're constantly holding hands, having their hand over their shoulders, making out, brushing each other's hair, kissing each other or whispering 'I love you'. Even in church sometimes I'd see that. I'm no prude, but do you not think that kind of behaviour is a bit inappropriate for a church service?

I'm not opposed to PDA's, but to those who do it constantly, get a room. I'm not jealous or anything, I'm not the type to constantly have to affirm how much I love somebody.

Call me a grumpy old (at heart) man, but what do you think of folks like this? Are you one yourself?
I like it and think it's nice. It's hard to help. I'd just not look if I didn't want to see it myself. You know like avert my eyes.

I should say that it's not cool for people to be doing HEAVY making out in public around kids but I think the stuff you mentioned is okay. Maybe not in church though. I don't know, I'm not a priest so can't speak on that.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:23 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,182,943 times
MrsCPG and I aren't giving each other tonsilectomies at parties or anything, but we still like to touch. However, I'm not big into hand holding. She wishes I were, but I'm just not.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:27 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,028,983 times
My husband is a very touchy feely person and I am the type that enjoys my 3ft radius circle of personal space. He's still always trying to sneak into it, though.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:55 AM

19,727 posts, read 20,264,355 times
Quote:
I know it's nice to see people who are in love, but what do you think of people who just can't seem to keep their hands off each other? They're constantly holding hands, having their hand over their shoulders, making out, brushing each other's hair, kissing each other or whispering 'I love you'.
I've always enjoyed when my relationships were (mutually) this way....

I guess I would be kind of envious b/c I've had that before and it's pretty special.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:00 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,375,580 times
I think it's just fine. OP are you saying you've seen people making out in church? I have yet to see that one.

My SO and I are touchy feelie but we don't make out in public, maybe a peck. Touching and holding hands, absolutely. A hand on the back as we walk along, that too.

I like it.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:01 PM

102,226 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
I know it's nice to see people who are in love, but what do you think of people who just can't seem to keep their hands off each other? They're constantly holding hands, having their hand over their shoulders, making out, brushing each other's hair, kissing each other or whispering 'I love you'. Even in church sometimes I'd see that. I'm no prude, but do you not think that kind of behaviour is a bit inappropriate for a church service?

I'm not opposed to PDA's, but to those who do it constantly, get a room. I'm not jealous or anything, I'm not the type to constantly have to affirm how much I love somebody.

Call me a grumpy old (at heart) man, but what do you think of folks like this? Are you one yourself?
Aw, ain't it sweet? Maybe not in church, but the rest of the time it just seems normal to me. It beats the alternative; couples who can't restrain their constant bickering in public.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:03 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,313,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I think it's just fine. OP are you saying you've seen people making out in church? I have yet to see that one.
I've made out in church.

There's got to be some reason to go.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:05 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,964,607 times
My wife and I are almost constantly touching in some way. When in public, it's always appropriate PDA (holding hands, arm around shoulders/waist, etc.). We sleep touching/cuddling for most of the night, and couch time is spent right next to each other. It's one of the ways we communicate our affections for each other. Someone else mentioned "love language". I think that term fits.

--Dim

Old 02-20-2013, 12:08 PM

102,226 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
My wife and I are almost constantly touching in some way. When in public, it's always appropriate PDA (holding hands, arm around shoulders/waist, etc.). We sleep touching/cuddling for most of the night, and couch time is spent right next to each other. It's one of the ways we communicate our affections for each other. Someone else mentioned "love language". I think that term fits.

--Dim
I think this is one thing that contributes to longevity in a marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships