Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 10:38 PM

395 posts, read 707,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balancer View Post
Okay so here's the quick and dirty rundown of my situation... Known a girl as just a friend for a while, developed feelings for her this past summer. Didn't act on feelings, but felt there might be a connection... never were really alone to express my feelings since we were always in social situations with others.. Started casually dating a girl in fall and am still dating this new girl, but pretty positive we are both just in it for the moment, nothing long term. Girl that is a friend knows this and whenever we talk she tells me I deserve better, etc... she knows I'm not completely happy. Recently I asked her if there was anything between us, and her immediate response was she didn't want to get in the middle of me and this girl. Which I understand, and would never date 2 girls at once.. Then I respond that I am sorry for even asking this sensing I might have been completely off base and feeling bad since I am dating someone at the moment... Then her next response is, "I guess I've never thought of you in that way." Next time I see her in person, I again say I am sorry for putting her in this position, and she says don't be sorry and that she is worried about me and that I need to figure out my situation. What do you guys make of this?
25% chance she's honest
25% she's toying with you
50% chance she's jealous or a hater.

move on with both of them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 11:20 PM

527 posts, read 1,232,739 times
There is really one way to find out for sure. If/when you make a break with your current girl, ask your friend out on a date and make clear it's a date and see what she says. If she hesitates or makes excuses, then you know that avenue is closed to you.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:23 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
i want to go to such and such restaurant my favorite and then you see the bus boy has got that hungry look that comes with not being fed 4 days in a row, and she tries to act like she does not know him.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:38 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_down View Post
There is really one way to find out for sure. If/when you make a break with your current girl, ask your friend out on a date and make clear it's a date and see what she says. If she hesitates or makes excuses, then you know that avenue is closed to you.
If/when...that's his problem....he can't decide

Old 03-23-2012, 11:24 AM

50 posts, read 111,892 times
Haha Well this is great. I have become even more confused with all of the responses. Every new post could be valid. And again I appreciate everyone that has taken the time to give me advice... Thank you

My gut is telling me to stop seeing my current girl. We are good together, but in reality it's most likely not something that will be forever. I have no idea if I even have a chance with my friend, but in the end I think it's worth the gamble. While my intuition has been way off with women before, I think this girl is worth me risking being wrong another time.

Thanks to all!

Old 03-23-2012, 11:43 AM

527 posts, read 1,232,739 times
Quote:
Haha Well this is great. I have become even more confused with all of the responses. Every new post could be valid. And again I appreciate everyone that has taken the time to give me advice... Thank you

My gut is telling me to stop seeing my current girl. We are good together, but in reality it's most likely not something that will be forever. I have no idea if I even have a chance with my friend, but in the end I think it's worth the gamble. While my intuition has been way off with women before, I think this girl is worth me risking being wrong another time.

Thanks to all!
These are two separate issues, don't link them together! With your current girl, are you happy with her? Do you see yourself with her a year from now? If not, it may be better to break it off with her now. With your friend, see my previous post. Good luck

Old 03-23-2012, 12:03 PM

639 posts, read 828,375 times
Quote:

Thanks to all!
thats what it is at this point bro

Old 03-23-2012, 12:17 PM

15 posts, read 28,751 times
Quote:

Thanks to all!
I'm glad you're going to take a gamble with the girl you really like, and I hope that it works out. You should always go for what you really want in life; don't ever settle and wonder what might have been. And if it doesn't work out with her, it wasn't meant to be and there's someone out there that's better for you. It might take a while to find her, but if you keep a positive attitude, you will. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and wish you the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships