Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 12:33 PM

50 posts, read 111,908 times

Advertisements

Okay so here's the quick and dirty rundown of my situation... Known a girl as just a friend for a while, developed feelings for her this past summer. Didn't act on feelings, but felt there might be a connection... never were really alone to express my feelings since we were always in social situations with others.. Started casually dating a girl in fall and am still dating this new girl, but pretty positive we are both just in it for the moment, nothing long term. Girl that is a friend knows this and whenever we talk she tells me I deserve better, etc... she knows I'm not completely happy. Recently I asked her if there was anything between us, and her immediate response was she didn't want to get in the middle of me and this girl. Which I understand, and would never date 2 girls at once.. Then I respond that I am sorry for even asking this sensing I might have been completely off base and feeling bad since I am dating someone at the moment... Then her next response is, "I guess I've never thought of you in that way." Next time I see her in person, I again say I am sorry for putting her in this position, and she says don't be sorry and that she is worried about me and that I need to figure out my situation. What do you guys make of this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 12:41 PM

639 posts, read 828,470 times
you didn't act fast enough and got "friendzoned"

Old 03-21-2012, 12:49 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
you didn't act fast enough and got "friendzoned"
Yes. There's no other way to interpret this.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:01 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,735 times
yep...you've been LJBF'ed

Old 03-21-2012, 01:26 PM

15 posts, read 28,754 times
She says she never thought of you in that way, but that could change. If you tell her how you feel about her, maybe she'll give you a chance and go out with you and become attracted to you. A friend of mine was good friends with her husband for over 2 years and didn't think of him in that way either. One day he confessed that he had feelings for her and wanted to be more than just friends. He asked her to give him a chance and go out with him, and if she didn't, he would understand, but that he couldn't be friends with her anymore because it hurt too much to be around her. She really valued his friendship and didn't want to lose it and decided to give him a chance. They've been married for 20 years now. Instead of wasting your time pining away for this girl, I think you should ask her out and if she says no, you'll have closure and be able to move on and meet someone else who does like you in that way. Life is too short. You deserve to be happy.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:37 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,930 times
Women are fickle. I am one, so I can say that. I know I never wanted to be anyone's second choice or back-up. Maybe, just maybe, she is feeling that way!

Old 03-21-2012, 01:44 PM

You have to love solicited advice on the internet. It's usually right on the money!

I think as the others have pointed out, I most likely have been friendzoned --- and part of me agrees with this...

The other part is in response to you Jenzen... I sort of did ask her out, and her answer was, "you are in a relationship with someone right now(bascially, this is not appropriate.) And as I said before and told her, I would never try and date 2 girls at the same time... So I'm not sure if response was letting me know, now is not the right time or was a friendly way to say no I'm not interested.. Only later does she say, "I've never thought of you that way.."

Plus she makes plans with our friends to do something a couple days later,(talk about awkard) and she is super friendly and she tells me she is worried about my relationship... This girl is very reserved by the way.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
Women are fickle. I am one, so I can say that. I know I never wanted to be anyone's second choice or back-up. Maybe, just maybe, she is feeling that way!

I really think this might be the truth right here... I think I made her feel like a back-up.... when really she was always the starting QB to me...

I might have missed my opportunity...

Old 03-21-2012, 01:48 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balancer View Post
Okay so here's the quick and dirty rundown of my situation... Known a girl as just a friend for a while, developed feelings for her this past summer. Didn't act on feelings, but felt there might be a connection... never were really alone to express my feelings since we were always in social situations with others.. Started casually dating a girl in fall and am still dating this new girl, but pretty positive we are both just in it for the moment, nothing long term. Girl that is a friend knows this and whenever we talk she tells me I deserve better, etc... she knows I'm not completely happy. Recently I asked her if there was anything between us, and her immediate response was she didn't want to get in the middle of me and this girl. Which I understand, and would never date 2 girls at once.. Then I respond that I am sorry for even asking this sensing I might have been completely off base and feeling bad since I am dating someone at the moment... Then her next response is, "I guess I've never thought of you in that way." Next time I see her in person, I again say I am sorry for putting her in this position, and she says don't be sorry and that she is worried about me and that I need to figure out my situation. What do you guys make of this?
Why on Earth is she worried about you? Are you contemplating doing something drastic? And what "situation" do you have? You like her. Does she like you? Remove current GF, who apparently you are not all into, and get with this girl. Jeeze, why does it need to be so complicated? How old are both of you? My guess is she really isn't into you. If she knows that you and the current gf are not anything serious and she doesn't even know the gf, then I think she would have been honest and told you how she actually feels about you.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Why on Earth is she worried about you? Are you contemplating doing something drastic? And what "situation" do you have? You like her. Does she like you? Remove current GF, who apparently you are not all into, and get with this girl. Jeeze, why does it need to be so complicated? How old are both of you? My guess is she really isn't into you. If she knows that you and the current gf are not anything serious and she doesn't even know the gf, then I think she would have been honest and told you how she actually feels about you.

She knows the girlfriend, and we both have mutual friends... she has always been unusually curious about my relationship and gives me the I deserve better line...

I think you are right though, I did give her the opportunity to come clean with her feelings and she didn't...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships