Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2012, 03:00 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Ha! Those types make me laugh my butt off. I like butting heads with bossy guys. Its fun and they usually don't take it personally. I have an eclectic friend circle and I love razzing them all for their over the top idiosyncrasies. Nerds are smart enough usually to sort through the silly things..geeks however are not.
It's not bossy. It's alpha male actions and behavior. Sorry to offend anyone because I am driving my pick up truck to work and all. They might see my rollaway toolboxes as a threat too. I guess I'll pitch all my tools in the dump cause I'm overcompensating. Whatever~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 03:04 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
OP is a guitar player.
And as it's been proven, you can be a guitar player and in a rather popular band and still be a nerd.

Just like one can be just about anything and still be a nerd. YOu can like "nerdy stuff" and still fit the "macho man" stereotype.

That being said, being a "macho man" doesn't make you better than a nerd.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
And as it's been proven, you can be a guitar player and in a rather popular band and still be a nerd.

Just like one can be just about anything and still be a nerd. YOu can like "nerdy stuff" and still fit the "macho man" stereotype.

That being said, being a "macho man" doesn't make you better than a nerd.
I never said it did. Being put down for being a normal man DOES though!

Old 04-04-2012, 03:16 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
You're the only one here putting normal nerdy men down, though.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:17 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Who defines "normal"?

What is a "normal man"?

I'd say a man with hobbies is a "normal man".

Old 04-04-2012, 03:25 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Quote:
Considering the sheer plethora of different male types - there is no such thing as a "norm".

Though, it's amusing since study after study finds that a majority of the US plays video games.

Quote:
It's not bossy. It's alpha male actions and behavior. Sorry to offend anyone because I am driving my pick up truck to work and all. They might see my rollaway toolboxes as a threat too. I guess I'll pitch all my tools in the dump cause I'm overcompensating. Whatever~
To quote twinArmaggedons: it's 0kay, nothing t0 buzz about

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 04-04-2012 at 03:36 PM..

Old 04-04-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Who defines "normal"?

What is a "normal man"?

I'd say a man with hobbies is a "normal man".
I think everyone in this thread is missing my point. I think a lot of you folks are falsely calling yourself nerds. Those pics I posted ARE indeed "nerds". Unless you fit that profile I'm not seeing it myself. That's supposed to be a compliment. Take it!

Old 04-04-2012, 03:32 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
I think everyone in this thread is missing my point. I think a lot of you folks are falsely calling yourself nerds. Those pics I posted ARE indeed "nerds". Unless you fit that profile I'm not seeing it myself. That's supposed to be a compliment. Take it!
I think there are many types of nerds, and that's the point you're not quite getting. You're thinking of the stereotypical 'Revenge of the Nerds' type of guy when its been proven quite a bit on this thread that there are many, MANY types of nerds. Some are into video games, some are into music (which is EXTREMELY mathematical, once you get into theory, which I have a degree in) some are into mechanics/engineering and some are into comics, cosplay etc.

I'll choose a guy like Wil Wheaton over a macho cowboy any day

Old 04-04-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think there are many types of nerds, and that's the point you're not quite getting. You're thinking of the stereotypical 'Revenge of the Nerds' type of guy when its been proven quite a bit on this thread that there are many, MANY types of nerds. Some are into video games, some are into music (which is EXTREMELY mathematical, once you get into theory, which I have a degree in) some are into mechanics/engineering and some are into comics, cosplay etc.

I'll choose a guy like Wil Wheaton over a macho cowboy any day
I don't know how to be anything else. I'm always ME though.

Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze Of Glory - YouTube

Old 04-04-2012, 04:58 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,924 times
Quote:
Who has long hair? It's just THE TUNAGE for "that" type of guy. Nerds don't drive 4X4s and ride Harleys.
Yes we do. Thought truth be told I think Harleys are crap. I prefer a vintage Indian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
I paint Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 (little metal figures). Hundreds of them buildings, figures, vehicles anything. I paint them and then sell them through the local Games Workshop store. It focuses my mind i suppose.... helps me relax.
Never played the game but to get the details right i've learnt all about them, know all the lore and all that stuff. When i'm in there buying stuff i can out nerd the best of them.
I LOVE 40K! I have a 30,000pt Dark Angels army, a 12,000pt Orc army, and a small 5,000pt Grey Knights (Inquisitor squad daemonhunters type) army.

I have won 2 RTT tournys with my DA army, and 6 painting awards, I LOVE Games Workshop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
I ride a Triumph and drive an Alfa Romeo, is that close?
I want a '59 Austin Healey MK1 "bye eyed" Sprite, does that count?

Quote:
Exactly! Just look at Stephen King. He's a nerd all the way (love him BTW, no diss here!) and he's in a band with other authors called the "Rockbottom Remainders". They aren't the best, but they are fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships