Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 07:17 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
I agree with you. That's why I made my post that I did. It was a compliment to the OP. No way in hell that he is a nerd. Nerds tend to be into their studies and electronic gadgets, lot's and lot's of fantasy video games, drive unfashionable autos (nothing cool or fast) etc...etc... IMO Op is NOT a nerd!
Um... I'm into electronic gadgets, fantasy video games and obsess about airplanes, physics and aerodynamics... I'm also a HUGE card nerd and I'm obsessive about fast supercars. I'm also a pilot who is a professionally trained car driver. I've probably driven cooler and faster cars than you ever have, and I'm only a 28 year old woman

I'm a PROUD comicon attending, trekkie, comic book reading, RPG/Dungeons and Dragons playing nerd and quite happy with it.

Just as an addendum, I've noticed that the most knowledgeable people regarding cars drive the crappiest, junkiest ones. I grew up in the business and know plenty of drivers and mechanics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 07:27 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,752,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Um... I'm into electronic gadgets, fantasy video games and obsess about airplanes, physics and aerodynamics... I'm also a HUGE card nerd and I'm obsessive about fast supercars. I'm also a pilot who is a professionally trained car driver. I've probably driven cooler and faster cars than you ever have, and I'm only a 28 year old woman

I'm a PROUD comicon attending, trekkie, comic book reading, RPG/Dungeons and Dragons playing nerd and quite happy with it.

Just as an addendum, I've noticed that the most knowledgeable people regarding cars drive the crappiest, junkiest ones. I grew up in the business and know plenty of drivers and mechanics
Most of the guys I know who are mechanics, including myself, have some FULLY RESTORED Detroit muscle sitting somewhere that they did all or most of the work on themselves. Their daliy driver is 1/2 , 3/4 or 1 ton 4X4 pick ups. We shoot firearms and carry one daily. We're fisherman, hunters, campers, water skiing, archery, boaters, guitar players, music lovers, into knives and motorcycles. It's Harley's for the street and Yamaha YZs and Kawasaki KXs that are 2 strokes for the dirt. No WoW, Trekkie, Dungeons and Dragons, comics or anything like that. I've been to 145 MPH before. It was badass!! YMMV

Old 04-03-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Most of the guys I know who are mechanics, including myself, have some FULLY RESTORED Detroit muscle sitting somewhere that they did all or most of the work on themselves. Their daliy driver is 1/2 , 3/4 or 1 ton 4X4 pick ups. We shoot firearms and carry one daily. We're fisherman, hunters, campers, water skiing, archery, boaters, guitar players, music lovers, into knives and motorcycles. It's Harley's for the street and Yamaha YZs and Kawasaki KXs that are 2 strokes for the dirt. No WoW, Trekkie, Dungeons and Dragons, comics or anything like that. I've been to 145 MPH before. It was badass!! YMMV
Good for them I'm not impressed by any of that 'macho man' stuff, so no worries.

I've been around guys like you describe and while I like all the stuff you describe, I'll take the physicist over the overcompensating giant truck driver any day

Old 04-03-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Good for them I'm not impressed by any of that 'macho man' stuff, so no worries.

I've been around guys like you describe and while I like all the stuff you describe, I'll take the physicist over the overcompensating giant truck driver any day
Nice to see I beat ya out!

Old 04-03-2012, 09:44 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,006,311 times
Quote:
Good grief. This is not a pissing contest. If you are so intimidated by nerds getting some love, you have issues. Quit trying to overcompensate for whatever short comings you have; Someone might show you some love too.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:50 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
Nerd love!

We need some love too! I know way too many nerds and they're some of the funniest and enjoyable people you could ever meet.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Not really....but if it makes you feel like more of a man, then go ahead and think that way

Old 04-03-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Not really....but if it makes you feel like more of a man, then go ahead and think that way
I'm just messin' with you. I think you are the bees knees for a gal really!

Old 04-03-2012, 10:22 PM

688 posts, read 897,681 times
Quote:

You sound pretty damn awesome.

Just replace airplanes/aerodynamics with astronomy/cosmology and you have myself.

Regarding the bolded part: That's because we know what to buy and drive it till it dies, which is a long, long time.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:28 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,553,915 times
Are you sure about that?

The Spazmatics "My Sharona" on 11/25/11 - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Lol I wouldn't look up a nerdy band- it's not my thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships