Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 12:01 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Well, I'm right here but you wouldn't want me cuz I am about half a foot shorter than you - not that it would matter to me in the least but, hey, it doesn't matter what the man thinks, right? - and I am not an extarvert, aka 'life of the party' type therefore I would be regarded as 'boring', etc.

See, the good guys ARE out there but they do get passed over for many reasons that have nothing to do with their character. None.
... I've dated guys who were nearly a foot shorter than me, and I've never rejected a man based on height alone. As for being an introvert, I'm about half and half. I love going out with friends (although, it's usually to a dive bar, not clubs. yick) and I enjoy being a part of clubs and meet ups, but I'm also a book nerd who sits at home and reads/studies a lot. I also have a soft spot for board games and video games.

I don't pass anyone over, if someone wants to talk or go out I'm game.

Old 04-05-2012, 12:23 PM

977 posts, read 1,815,305 times
Not a lot of good men or women. Not a lot of bad either. Just a whole lot "meh". Add to it you have to be compatible physically, mentally, emotionally, other things and it's a wonder how people get together. Yet people are doing it all the time.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:11 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times
Sensing the percentages of 80 and 40 were a bit extreme, I did some research and came up with some more reasonable numbers from actual sources...

Google Answers: What percentage of humans reproduce?

It's pretty even.

Yes. There are women out there who are picky. They want a good man who is also good looking. A woman I recently got to know well would always complain to me about her boyfriends and how much they put her down and were a-holes. At the same time, she used to tell me what an awesome guy I was and how I "make her feel like she can do anything" (verbatim quote ). End result: rejection, and not even close...

There's a way around this though. Learn to sniff out these kinds of women if you're a man. I'm getting better at it. There are women out there who like good men just for being good men. I can attest. I'm think and have been told I'm a good man, and I'm not a virgin. There's more where they came from too.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:18 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
A woman I recently got to know well would always complain to me about her boyfriends and how much they put her down and were a-holes. At the same time, she used to tell me what an awesome guy I was and how I "make her feel like she can do anything" (verbatim quote ). End result: rejection, and not even close...
I had one of those about 20 years ago. Same BS lines, etc. Found out that she ended up with a loser in Florida, got her preggo, and he ran out on her after Little Johnny was born. And here's the kicker - I found all this out from HER. She called ME crying and wailing, how she screwed up, wanted me instead, etc. I just hung up. Not gonna be second-best here, nuh-uh.

See, that's what 'good looks' can get women.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:20 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Most young women in America don't want decent guys.

Most women only want decent, reliable guys when they have had their fun with their jerks and are ready to settle down with a nice guy.

Young women want mainly the jocks, rich guys and alpha males.

There are exceptions but for the most part in terms of women born in 1980 and afterwards, they don't want decent guys until they get older and used up by the jerks.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
I had one of those about 20 years ago. Same BS lines, etc. Found out that she ended up with a loser in Florida, got her preggo, and he ran out on her after Little Johnny was born. And here's the kicker - I found all this out from HER. She called ME crying and wailing, how she screwed up, wanted me instead, etc. I just hung up. Not gonna be second-best here, nuh-uh.

See, that's what 'good looks' can get women.
It'd be nice to think that there'd be 'consequences', but there usually aren't. She'll find a guy who she thinks is good looking, they'll get married and live happily ever after. Will probably happen for her before me even though I'm 10 years older.

I don't mind being rejected by a woman on the basis of physical attraction provided she's a good woman. But this woman was not. What I saw in her, I'll never know.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:34 PM

691 posts, read 1,427,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Most young women in America don't want decent guys.

Most women only want decent, reliable guys when they have had their fun with their jerks and are ready to settle down with a nice guy.

Young women want mainly the jocks, rich guys and alpha males.

There are exceptions but for the most part in terms of women born in 1980 and afterwards, they don't want decent guys until they get older and used up by the jerks.
That is so true. Most of the women you describe only want the decent guy once they hit 30 and they realize they have nothing. At that point she'll have all sorts of hang ups, trust issues and other problems from her past treatments, that you as the nice guy will have to deal with.

Society loves to tell us that the nice guy gets the girl in the end. But in reality all he gets is burnt out leftovers who is really only with him because she exhausted all of her options - it is really true that nice guys finish last. Not only in dating but in pretty much all other aspects of life too.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:35 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Default Good Men Are Hard To Find

But hard men are good to find.

Sorry it had to be said.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:36 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,152 times
i consider myself a good guy and i was rejected by a girl who i didnt even think was that great looking because i live 40 minutes away and was deemed too far. Mind you, this girl hasnt dated anyone in 3+ years. And has only had 2 real relationships before.

Some people are just way too picky or are waiting for the GQ model with millions to help support their lifestyles.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
That is so true. Most of the women you describe only want the decent guy once they hit 30 and they realize they have nothing. At that point she'll have all sorts of hang ups, trust issues and other problems from her past treatments, that you as the nice guy will have to deal with.

Society loves to tell us that the nice guy gets the girl in the end. But in reality all he gets is burnt out leftovers - it is really true that nice guys finish last. Not only in dating but in pretty much all other aspects of life too.
Lol @ this.

I knew a woman when she was ~24 who required that a man be at least 5'10".

When she was around 28 or so, it went down to around 5'8".

And at age 32, he only had to be taller than her (she was like 5'5").

Sometimes I think about the world I live in and just smile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships