Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 01:48 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,614,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I never did until somewhat recently. The year after college, truth be told. I just felt that I was missing out on something important & I decided to start trying. When I found out it was so miserable, with girls lying & generally being horrible human beings, well.....I guess I just didn't expect that. I was a bit taken aback.
As a guy, we face alot of propaganda stating our self worth is based on how well we do with women (amongst other things), and TBH I wonder if you're falling into the same trap.

I'm fully ready and prepared to die a virgin. That's not "big talk", that's the god honest truth. And no, that's not becuase I don't like women either. It's a testament to the fact that I place my own happyness and principals above any abritary "goal" of having female attention. Women can smell desparation 1 million miles away, and humans being predators will seize upon that to take advantage.

Women aren't horrible human beings, but the more central you place women in your life the more you'll attract horrible women. Women generally want us to be the stronger ones and the more you don't need women the more they'll want you.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:56 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
Loyalty and honor, require consistency of character, which a certain group severely lacks. Women are emotional creatures while men are logical creatures. This is why a woman would be completely engrossed in a conversation about how blowing bubbles out of your butt made you feel during your last hot bath, and completely disinterested in a conversation about global politics or how technology improves our lives. True story.
Again, I do not think this is based on gender and this forum certainly attests to that since it holds its fair share of irrational men. Come to think of it you and your post highlights this. Bigotry is not rational or logical. It's childish and speaks to a lacking skill set and diminished intellect. Men who make such statements are always of the foolish variety.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:00 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
The only men I've ever met who were bitter towards women were bitter because they have always been constantly rejected by women and are sexually envious/frustrated. The last thing any woman wants to be around is a bitter man who dislikes women. So the self-loathing and anger is self-perpetuating.

Most emotionally healthy straight men LOVE women, love being around them and are happy around women.

Can't say it any better than that.

Everyone runs into dry spells and times when dating is no fun. That's when you step back and realize you are letting either your circumstances or your own poor judgement get in the way of your happiness. If every woman you meet rejects you, you're going for the wrong women. It's the same for women. If every man you meet is a selfish jerk, you're meeting the wrong men. You're either unconsciously sabotaging yourself, or you're deliberately being stubborn in expecting a different result after doing the same thing 23 times.

Soviet, take a break from dating. Learn to appreciate women as people and friends.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:03 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post

Women aren't horrible human beings, but the more central you place women in your life the more you'll attract horrible women. Women generally want us to be the stronger ones and the more you don't need women the more they'll want you.

I agree.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:04 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
As a guy, we face alot of propaganda stating our self worth is based on how well we do with women (amongst other things), and TBH I wonder if you're falling into the same trap.

I'm fully ready and prepared to die a virgin. That's not "big talk", that's the god honest truth. And no, that's not becuase I don't like women either. It's a testament to the fact that I place my own happyness and principals above any abritary "goal" of having female attention. Women can smell desparation 1 million miles away, and humans being predators will seize upon that to take advantage.

You make really good points.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:04 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Learn to appreciate women as people and friends.

This is excellent advice. So much of the talk here sounds like some people see the opposite gender in such black and white terms, instead of as human beings with complexities and layers and flaws and wonderful qualities. I have a feeling that many of those who like to bash on an entire gender have very little experience with that gender outside of romantic rejection.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
I dont know why you guys are getting so defensive over what I said. Women indeed ARE emotional creatures, while men are logical creatures. Most women will be very interested in guys talking about what they felt, rather than talking about politics or the great new CPU they just upgraded in their computer. This isnt my opinion, nor am I criticizing anyone. It isnt bad or good, it just is. There is plenty of scientific sources backing to what Im saying
my SO tells me she needs a break now and then. I am too emotional.
flowers 4 u
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...ydoreen006.jpg

Old 04-22-2012, 02:20 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Most men avoid women who label themselves feminists.
Proof?

While I probably wouldn't be attracted to a woman who obsessed over it, I wouldn't avoid a woman who verbally let it be known she was a feminist.

Quote:
Women indeed ARE emotional creatures, while men are logical creatures.
Hey, at least give yourself a fighting chance. Throw in the word "most" every now and then

Old 04-22-2012, 02:20 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
my SO tells me she needs a break now and then. I am too emotional.
flowers 4 u
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...ydoreen005.jpg
Amazing, that just may my day. Cheers!

Old 04-22-2012, 02:26 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
This is excellent advice. So much of the talk here sounds like some people see the opposite gender in such black and white terms, instead of as human beings with complexities and layers and flaws and wonderful qualities. I have a feeling that many of those who like to bash on an entire gender have very little experience with that gender outside of romantic rejection.
Or maybe they can't see people of that gender as anything other than a potential date, mate, or conquest. Take romance out of the equation for a while, and you can learn a lot.

Maybe that's why I've had such good luck with men. Back in my late 20s, a girlfriend and I were often the only two women out in a group. We love sports, used to keep stats for a men's rec league basketball team, and (not that I'm proud of this) knock back some tequila with the best of 'em, without any of the notoriously nasty repercussions. Believe me, I have no illusions that we were just "two of the guys," but we were never treated as "chicks," either. We looked like "chicks" all feminine and made up, but we both had a strong tomboy streak, knew how to shoot, and were independent. She had me beat, though, because she drove a stick and knew how to use power tools.

I learned a lot about men that way, seeing how they interacted with each other and with the women they'd date. We usually knew before they did that they would end up dumping someone. Very insightful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships