Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 02:29 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
My (male) SO identifies as a feminist. The only place I've ever seen the word considered an insult is internet forums....
Considering the women on this sub-forum tend toward the alternative, that isn't saying much...so good for you!

Old 04-22-2012, 02:29 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
I dont know why you guys are getting so defensive over what I said. Women indeed ARE emotional creatures, while men are logical creatures. Most women will be very interested in guys talking about what they felt, rather than talking about politics or the great new CPU they just upgraded in their computer. This isnt my opinion, nor am I criticizing anyone. It isnt bad or good, it just is. There is plenty of scientific sources backing to what Im saying
Just because women tend to be emotional does not mean that men, in general, tend to be logical. There is no reason whatsoever to buy into that silly assertion. Further, you present the two states as opposing equals. This thread, which demonstrates the height of irrational thought, is typical of men on this form. And yet you want to put forth a "men are logical" argument when the argument itself demonstrates the exact opposite.

Also, this has nothing to do with defensiveness. Stop being emotional yourself and employ a bit of reason here.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:33 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Wow... it's strange to read some of the twisted posts by some of these "Men".

I love women and they love me. Women are really very simple creatiures... They like a man who is secure, funny, confident, decent and basically a good guy. A mature man who understands women can have more women in his life then he has hours in the day.

You can certainly tell the immature boys on here. Sad, very sad.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:35 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
All women are female adults.
All men are male adults.

Nothing else is necessarily true.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:38 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,097,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Wow... it's strange to read some of the twisted posts by some of these "Men".

I love women and they love me. Women are really very simple creatiures... They like a man who is secure, funny, confident, decent and basically a good guy. A mature man who understands women can have more women in his life then he has hours in the day.

You can certainly tell the immature boys on here. Sad, very sad.
I mean ... you're preaching the other end. That women are all awesome and simple and all they want is a good guy. That's not true either.

You give that advice to a guy and he goes and meets a woman who has no respect for him and he'll be like, "Wait, but Rakin said all women wanted was a good guy."

Women are just like men. There's good ones and less good ones, and so on...

Old 04-22-2012, 02:41 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Mod cut: Orphaned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
All women are female adults.
All men are male adults.

Nothing else is necessarily true.
Best thing you've ever said on this forum.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-22-2012 at 08:30 PM..

Old 04-22-2012, 02:44 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I'm in one of those moods again.....where I feel hateful & bitter towards the opposite sex. The sum total of the past negative experiences that I've had & the way girls have treated me just bubbling up deep within & affecting my thoughts. 'tis sad.

Do you ever feel bitter? How can you tell that you are feeling bitter about the past? What do you do to fix it, if anything? Or does it fix itself of its own accord?

I can't help but feel, however, that if I ever meet "the one", I will never again think of these feelings, let alone have them again. I'll just be.....happy.

You're just frustrated right now. I am not going to tell you that you hate "all" women. I'm also not going to tell you to get help. Geesh, if everybody got professional help every time they felt bad, we'd run out of therapists. I think what your doing is working just fine. You're venting. It sucks sometimes. I have some friends that are in your shoes and they are "really" good guys. They feel like you, yet are frustrated. They always seem to be the "other guy". You know the type. The guy who wears his heart on his sleave/ constantly getting rejected/ constantly being second best..

Sometimes it really isn't the guys fault. Sometimes life is just cruel. There is nothing wrong with you except that you keep liking/ falling for someone who does not reciprocate. Your just unlucky.

Does it mean that "all" women are the same? Of course not. I wish I had the answers to you and other peoples problems. If I had that information, I'd be one rich son of a b&^&^!

sometimes you just have to stay patient through the hard times untill you get to the good times.

If I had any guess on how to help you it would be this. Stop looking. Life is funny like that. It seems when we finally give up or stop looking, then that is when life gives us what we want. Things "rarely" come on "our" time. If you can understand what the heck I am saying.

Be patient and good luck.

And don't be afraid to say how you feel. We live in such a "politically correct" b.s. world today where everything is everyones fault or nothing is anyones fault. Your frustrated. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. Are you frustrated to the point that you need to go see a shrink? I highly doubt it. Are you frustrated enough to just vent on a "CD" forum? Yes..

So vent away and give it time, and good luck. We all need that sun to shine on our behinds once in a while.

Take care.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:45 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
I mean ... you're preaching the other end. That women are all awesome and simple and all they want is a good guy. That's not true either.

You give that advice to a guy and he goes and meets a woman who has no respect for him and he'll be like, "Wait, but Rakin said all women wanted was a good guy."

Not a good guy, but a nice guy. Favorite female advice on dating. Just be nice and be yourself. LMAO

Old 04-22-2012, 02:48 PM

691 posts, read 1,427,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I never did until somewhat recently. The year after college, truth be told. I just felt that I was missing out on something important & I decided to start trying. When I found out it was so miserable, with girls lying & generally being horrible human beings, well.....I guess I just didn't expect that. I was a bit taken aback.
See thats the problem. Men are taught at a young age to idolize and revere women; as if they are morally superior to us men - when in reality they are flawed like we are.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:51 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post

There are thousands of women who I can click with and they click with me. I don't waste my time on the ones who are not for me but also don't think less of them for who they are. You guys act like you have no choices except bad women. You are doing something very wrong if you can't meet hundreds of women who you have a connection and will appreciate you.

There are Millions of awesome women in the US, you guys just can't connect.

It ain't them, it's you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships