Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 03:52 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,586,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Well, I'm half Jewish so I take you aren't in love with me anymore.
I'm still in love with you.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:55 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,381,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
Hmm, textbook example of the species known as "Alan Alda-Phil Donahue Clone" better known by it's scientific name White Knightus Feminitis Genus. In other words, a male who sees everything exclusively from female perspective. These individuals seem to get some sort of satisfaction from receiving praise from unknown women on internet forums he will never meet or know.

On CD Forum, they can typically be identified by their high posting counts and large number of rep points. Behavior patterns usually include efforts to stay in good graces with the Sisterhood. Such individuals will never post anything remotely critical of women and usually act as the main attack dog against male posters who haven't been indoctrinated into the feminist cause.

Prospects for survival of this species are uncertain. Heavy doses of unqualified slavering can be known to have toxic effects over time, which may result in a complete loss of identity. Future study is need to judge long term effects.
This is a great post.

I have a low rep count to post ratio for exactly that reason. I fare better on information/encyclopedia-like sub-forums on CD for rep.

I hate the "double standard." I saw this post earlier today and thought about it. Society allows a 9+ looks woman to be a biotch in rejecting someone. The 9+ looks man generally lets down a woman easier, usually by avoidance, and both men and women would call him on it if he was a pr!ck in so doing. I sometimes used to have morning coffee at a Starbucks on Seattle's East Side in an office zone. There was this dweeby WASPy guy, a regular, who was eying this much younger Nordic looking chick, who was more "hot" than "pretty." He eventually got the nerve to ask her out, which was stupid...she was WAY out of his league. You could tell she was someone who was neither smart nor very interesting, yet her appearance gave her "carte blanche" to be a total biotch to this guy.

There is the "double standard" in the work place, too. Women can be professionals but want the door held open and don't want to hear the dirty jokes the guys tell, but will describe their sexual encounters, in detail, among their female friends. Their biggest enablers in the workplace and in society are the "male feminists," like the Alan Aldas. About 10 years ago, I was channel surfing and picked up Dr. Laura, with her annoying voice, and she was commenting on how effed up male-female relations are. (Her credibility: a doctorate from USC, her liability: nude photos and religion switching). She said that the coexistence of emancipation and chivalry makes things confusing for men. Duh.

Then, there is a condescending attitude of some men on CD that if you're not hooked up with someone, you "don't have game" or something is wrong with you. Within the last week, I had someone from one of the city forums DM me and play this unrelated "trump card" on me from disagreements stemming over opinions on certain cities, because he was married and has procreated. The same is true with some of the women on CD. They come on here, espousing the virtues of their SOs for prolonged periods of time, so you wonder where their SOs are and what they're not telling you. Then there is a general level of sycophant-type behavior that is displayed. I love that word. It means "obsequious flattery." One poster, whose posts are never properly grammatically constructed, said "all women are beautiful." That's about as nauseating as hearing "all men are wonderful." I would correct any woman who said that. If a woman bashed some, or most, men, I wouldn't care. If a woman bashed ALL men, I would be torqued.

Have I had opportunities for LT relationships and marriage? Yes. I have/had the right to turn down these opportunities because: a) what's the point of dating someone who is not HWP, if the prospect of having sex with that person over the long-haul is not enticing, b) what's the point of dating an attorney or a CPA from an ethnicity/race/even religion you are categorically not attracted to, c) what's the point of dating someone who doesn't fit your definition of "feminine" and, lastly, d) what's the point of dating someone with children, when you don't really like kids, especially someone else's, and want more of a minimalistic household?

Some of us don't have a complete dislike of an entire gender, 1) we don't like the increasingly adversarial state of male-female relations that exists in society, and the financial liability that goes with that, and 2) we realize that finding a mate works just like a funnel -- it's wide at the top and narrow at the spout, and the work involved is time consuming, coupled with odds for finding the qualities you are looking for (certainly NOT (a) through (d) above) that get worse as time goes by. I have never lived for other people's approval, and certainly not the approval of people I don't know from posting on CDF.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 05-10-2012 at 04:40 PM..

Old 05-10-2012, 03:55 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,273,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
For every Clinton and Obama, there are a million fatherless boys who get into crime or messed up drugs or never progress in life. GOOD, PRESENT fathers are important and you can point to most statistics to prove it.
I have to agree. The jails are full of men who were once fatherless boys.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:27 PM

31,081 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
I have to agree. The jails are full of men who were once fatherless boys.
This is true. The majority of prisoners are Fatherless and poor.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
There is a double standard though. A lot of women consider it "woman-hating" if you don't give women preferential treatment. If a man has had nothing but negative experiences with women, he's still not allowed to complain about them. In fact, he's supposed to not only feel guilty about having bitterness towards them, he's also expected to help them in time of need and treat them better than he would treat himself. Women on the other man, are allowed to hate men over the littlest thing and she will get nothing but support from most men and other women.
I agree 100%.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:38 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,141,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
i don't know about "hating women", but is there bitterness? Definitely. On both sides. And a lot of misconceptions about women. Sad that people's lives have worked out in such a way as to cause anger, bitterness, and a clinging to negativity.
Agreed. Great answer. Negative experiences cause frustration and bitterness a lot of times. The feeling of wanting something in life and not being able to obtain it-esp if much good effort was put forth is painful. Some deal with that differently.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I love and get along well with women.

I see many of these threads as LOSER guys who don't understand the opposite sex. They make assumptions and lack the experience or knowledge on how to act and treat a woman.

What's worse then a loser young guy who judges all women is a loser older man who judges all women. We should all get wiser as we get older.
Why is a guy automatically a "looser" just because he may not understand the opposite sex? Are you aware that there are no college classes or social customs built into American culture (other then binge drinking and night clubs) to help young people understand and gain proficiency with the opposite sex.

Come on Rakin, would you call a woman a "looser" if she had no experience with males? No, you would not, and it's simply unheard of.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:51 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,821 times
Very few men are misogynists. This whole thing is overblown

Old 05-10-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
If a lady treats you poorly, please, complain about her to the high heavens. Don't blame me, or the rest of us, for whatever troubles you have. Is that really so difficult to grasp?
Complain to who? Who takes men being abused by women seriously?

Old 05-10-2012, 04:55 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Come on Rakin, would you call a woman a "looser" if she had no experience with males? No, you would not, and it's simply unheard of.
It's not what someone does not know, it's what you think you know and are totally wrong but say it like it's the truth. Inexperience is overcome by the ability to listen, observe and learn.

A loser can be someone (man or woman) who never evolves or learns but stereotypes "All" and does not recognize individuality. There are women on CD who does this also.

Why would a Lot of men be accused of hating women ? That's just beyond my comprehension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.