Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 11:08 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,208,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Yeah. Either they are under 25, in which case they don't know crap yet. Or they've had a series of disastrous relationships, which means they haven't learned crap yet.
"Learn" being the key word here.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:10 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,102,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos Quarterback View Post
I think some get unfairly accused such as you OP. In no way do I see you as hating women. However, there are a lot here who definitely deserve the accusation of such. What's really funny are the guys who say "it is all the woman's fault for their bad judgement" when women go for jerks, but in another breath say "women are horrible" when talking about their own experiences with bad women. So basically it's the women's fault either way from their pt of view.
I agree...I don't like to be lumped with them.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:10 AM

691 posts, read 1,427,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I have to wonder what's wrong with some of you. If a lady treats you poorly, please, complain about her to the high heavens. Don't blame me, or the rest of us, for whatever troubles you have. Is that really so difficult to grasp?
Yes but maybe that is because at the moment he is in pain and just needs someone to vent to, instead of being told "not all women are like that!" as if he committed some sort of crime. You care more about his opinion of YOU as a woman than you do about his suffering.

Anytime a man gets treated like crap by a woman, the general consensus is, "he must have said/done something to deserve it". I know a woman who assaulted a guy because she THOUGHT he grabbed her, and she was wrong. Instead of apologizing, she said that "he probably did it to another girl in the past". Gee, and you wonder why some men are angry? LMAO!

Old 05-10-2012, 11:12 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,188,694 times
Quote:
I have to wonder what's wrong with some of you. If a lady treats you poorly, please, complain about her to the high heavens. Don't blame me, or the rest of us, for whatever troubles you have. Is that really so difficult to grasp?
Exactly! If someone wronged you - please, complain, vent, whine, cry, scream, etc. - about THAT person. Do what you need to do to get it out of your system so you can heal, learn and move on. But blaming an entire gender is ridiculous. Put the blame where it is due - not on every person of the same gender, race, religion, etc.

3,083 posts, read 4,880,427 times
with all due respect, in my observation this gender hating can extend both ways...there seems to be an increase in female posters hating on men in any and all situations, the only difference is it seems to be tolerated, no one calls them 'man haters', not publicly anyway.

Personally I wish any person male or female who had a bad history with the opposite sex to first take a look at themselves first, like their dating style, fashion style, mate choices etc before making blanket statements about "all women/men are like xxx' "all men/women cheat and cannot be trusted"

Quote:
I personally have never blamed ALL women as a whole for my problems.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
with all due respect, in my observation this gender hating can extend both ways...there seems to be an increase in female posters hating on men in any and all situations, the only difference is it seems to be tolerated, no one calls them 'man haters', not publicly anyway.

Personally I wish any person male or female who had a bad history with the opposite sex to first take a look at themselves first, like their dating style, fashion style, mate choices etc before making blanket statements about "all women/men are like xxx' "all men/women cheat and cannot be trusted"
I think in general, attacking MEN as a whole IS somewhat more acceptable in general today. Whether that be verbally, making fun of them, or physical/domestic abuse. Thankfully some people are coming round with the last one, but many people, men as well as women, simply do not take domestic abuse against men seriously. That's quite scary, if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
Yes but maybe that is because at the moment he is in pain and just needs someone to vent to, instead of being told "not all women are like that!" as if he committed some sort of crime. You care more about his opinion of YOU as a woman than you do about his suffering.
This is a public forum made up of all different genders, races, religions, etc. This is not the place to vent like that. You can vent to your friends like that - your other male friends. I care about people in pain - but not if they blame everyone else for their pain, take no responsibility for themselves, and try to hurt everyone else in the process. When I get mad at my husband - I don't come on here and blame all men for not taking out the trash or something like that. How would that help anything?

8,711 posts, read 11,740,782 times
I don't care.

my whole thing didn't finish: anyways to me it boils down to strong opinions that people either don't understand or can't beleive.

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 05-10-2012 at 11:23 AM..

Old 05-10-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post

There's only a couple female posters that I can think of right off the bat that fit that description - and to be honest, I've gone back and forth with them a bit but it was pointless. I think it's pointless for me to go back and forth against some of the male posters - but it's obviously gonna upset me more to see offensive comments about women. I get upset about the man-hating comments, too, and I usually speak up about it - but it's easier for me to just let it go. I would imagine the men here feel the same way about the woman-haters as I feel about the man-haters. It's always going to rile you up more when it's more personally offensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.