Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 10:59 AM

977 posts, read 1,816,500 times

Advertisements

I think some get unfairly accused such as you OP. In no way do I see you as hating women. However, there are a lot here who definitely deserve the accusation of such. What's really funny are the guys who say "it is all the woman's fault for their bad judgement" when women go for jerks, but in another breath say "women are horrible" when talking about their own experiences with bad women. So basically it's the women's fault either way from their pt of view.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:01 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,213,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I'm a guy and, yeah, it is. There are guys on here who vent their bitterness all the time on why they can't get laid, never thinking that perhaps their bitterness and lack of confidence is the reason why. There are the guys on here who apparently view women as nothing more than a glorified hole into which they insert an appendage. There are the guys on here who, by the things they write about, would be considered incredibly boring company by actuarials, yet author "I'm a nice guy, why don't women like me" threads. There are guys who cook up elaborate, mechanistic theories on the ways women think, rather than treat women as individuals as opposed to robots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I love and get along well with women.

I see many of these threads as LOSER guys who don't understand the opposite sex. They make assumptions and lack the experience or knowledge on how to act and treat a woman.

What's worse then a loser young guy who judges all women is a loser older man who judges all women. We should all get wiser as we get older.
That's pretty much it in a nutshell. I don't think these guys (upset at the world guys) are a majority, rather they're just loud.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:01 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,116,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
There is a double standard though. A lot of women consider it "woman-hating" if you don't give women preferential treatment. If a man has had nothing but negative experiences with women, he's still not allowed to complain about them. In fact, he's supposed to not only feel guilty about having bitterness towards them, he's also expected to help them in time of need and treat them better than he would treat himself. Women on the other man, are allowed to hate men over the littlest thing and she will get nothing but support from most men and other women.
Yes this opinion seems pretty widespread...I've even heard some women talk about this double standard. Double standards exist everywhere for both men and women, I think it's related to the historical situation, kind of like how black people can 'get away' with being racist towards white and not get called out for it. Because women were discriminated in the past, some people do feel as if it's 'their turn' now.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:02 AM

2,094 posts, read 3,658,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I'm a guy and, yeah, it is. There are guys on here who vent their bitterness all the time on why they can't get laid, never thinking that perhaps their bitterness and lack of confidence is the reason why. There are the guys on here who apparently view women as nothing more than a glorified hole into which they insert an appendage. There are the guys on here who, by the things they write about, would be considered incredibly boring company by actuarials, yet author "I'm a nice guy, why don't women like me" threads. There are guys who cook up elaborate, mechanistic theories on the ways women think, rather than treat women as individuals as opposed to robots.

Wordy Mc Word!! I tried to rep you.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:03 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,208,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That's pretty much it in a nutshell. I don't think these guys (upset at the world guys) are a majority, rather they're just loud.
Yeah. Either they are under 25, in which case they don't know crap yet. Or they've had a series of disastrous relationships, which means they haven't learned crap yet.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:03 AM

3,295 posts, read 7,022,952 times
Most of the women I know in real life would find most of the stuff written/discussed here to be a big joke.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:05 AM

934 posts, read 1,940,511 times
How can I agree or disagree with the fact of whether or not many have been accused? What difference does that make?

Old 05-10-2012, 11:05 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,213,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
There is a double standard though. A lot of women consider it "woman-hating" if you don't give women preferential treatment. If a man has had nothing but negative experiences with women, he's still not allowed to complain about them. In fact, he's supposed to not only feel guilty about having bitterness towards them, he's also expected to help them in time of need and treat them better than he would treat himself. Women on the other man, are allowed to hate men over the littlest thing and she will get nothing but support from most men and other women.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yes this opinion seems pretty widespread...I've even heard some women talk about this double standard. Double standards exist everywhere for both men and women, I think it's related to the historical situation, kind of like how black people can 'get away' with being racist towards white and not get called out for it. Because women were discriminated in the past, some people do feel as if it's 'their turn' now.
I have to wonder what's wrong with some of you. If a lady treats you poorly, please, complain about her to the high heavens. Don't blame me, or the rest of us, for whatever troubles you have. Is that really so difficult to grasp?

Old 05-10-2012, 11:06 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,116,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBarney View Post
How can I agree or disagree with the fact of whether or not many have been accused? What difference does that make?
Sorry the question wasn't really clear...I guess the question is whether you agree that men here are disproportionately accused of hating women, and sometimes prematurely. Not that it's not sometimes justified.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:07 AM

691 posts, read 1,428,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
That argument is so played out its unreal. First off, the past is the past, seriously get over it. Second off, things were good for the men at the top. And besides, white women were not discriminated (and nor are they an oppressed class in today's age) against the same way blacks were, so to compare the two is a huge insult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.