Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 07:15 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
There are a few male posters who always seem to engage in battles with a number of female posters. One vs five or something. I know for a fact that many male posters do share his opinion, but many seem afraid to say so.
Because inevitably men are always trying to get laid...they have been conditioned since birth to tread lightly just in case the opportunity may present itself

Old 05-10-2012, 07:23 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
It's always pretty much the same old, same old...in the cases of the posters that anybody who reads with any regularity knows are sh*tstirrers, you see their name as the last post on the thread, and you open it already probably predicting what their stance, tone, and approach will be. People have their personae, and it's pretty predictable. "Gee, I wonder what so-and-so is going to say on a thread that's clearly set up to bash women/men/whomever..."
Some posters are almost one-issue posters. Like when the same issue comes up, you'll see them suddenly appear out of the woodwork, arguing endlessly the same point ad nauseum.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Because inevitably men are always trying to get laid...they have been conditioned since birth to tread lightly just in case the opportunity may present itself
Well it seems most of the women here are taken anyway, and the CD RS forum isn't exactly the local disco where young gals and guys go to hookup! We have the personals sub-forum for that.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:27 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
I love and get along well with women.

I see many of these threads as LOSER guys who don't understand the opposite sex. They make assumptions and lack the experience or knowledge on how to act and treat a woman.

What's worse then a loser young guy who judges all women is a loser older man who judges all women. We should all get wiser as we get older.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:31 AM

44,359 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Folks, there's been some good and interesting discussion on this thread. Please don't let it go up in flames. Read all the posts before you join in the conversation. Thanks.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
Folks, there's been some good and interesting discussion on this thread. Please don't let it go up in flames. Read all the posts before you join in the conversation. Thanks.
Thanks for re-opening the thread PJ...yes I hope it doesn't become a bash-fest.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:39 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Without naming names...I and some other guys have been accused of hating women, or having something against women, creating threads to put them down.etc. I understand some people are a bit sensitive, but it seems that if you even make a comment that is not entirely flattering of the female sex as a whole - it could be anything, even if you take a 'feminist' viewpoint - there'll always be a few very vocal ones who shout you down, question your motives, accuse you of being bitter.

This is a totally unbiased question...I want to know if in your opinion you think that misogyny is really rife here...Or misandry, for that matter.

Sure I've seen some men who say things like women should pay for all dates, and of course there are those who say they don't like women over 25 or whatever...if you've noticed I generally don't hold those views. Of course that means nothing.

The thread I started recently - perhaps it wasn't necessary, in hindsight, to post on a forum. I still don't think I did what others accused me of, but since it could so easily get misconstrued and misunderstood, maybe I shouldn't have posted it.

Anyway...I do think some men here are a little bitter about the way things are - and so are women - and at the risk of sounding like a broken record I think on CD at least men are just 'called out' for it way more, because historically men were the main propogators of sexism. At least that's what I and others were taught. So like being a white person, men have a lot of guilt to deal with. Of course few will actually acknowledge this.

Some women here see sexism in everything, so if I question anything about women I can expect to be attacked in the same old manner. Some are fairly decent people, it's just maybe there's too much of the 'battle of the sexes' here. I honestly think just reading topics on here is responsible for making me more gender conscious than I ever was. Because like others have observed, I need to get off the computer and stop posting so much.

So from now on I will post fewer topics - but if I think something is worth posting I will post it, regardless of if it offends or if it's not 'PC.' My intentions are to make people think, but sometimes, I suppose my own opinions and stuff get mixed in there sometimes.

It would be good to get an honest, civil debate without this turning into yet another bun-fight. Hopefully everyone can come up with a discourse, and get to the bottom of what they really believe, whether they really are woman/man-haters or not. I am just a bit tired of people throwing around these labels here.

PS: I can see how this thread might be seen as gender bashing. If the mods let this thread pass please don't start attacking either gender. Try to be objective or thoughtful.
I'm a guy and, yeah, it is. There are guys on here who vent their bitterness all the time on why they can't get laid, never thinking that perhaps their bitterness and lack of confidence is the reason why. There are the guys on here who apparently view women as nothing more than a glorified hole into which they insert an appendage. There are the guys on here who, by the things they write about, would be considered incredibly boring company by actuarials, yet author "I'm a nice guy, why don't women like me" threads. There are guys who cook up elaborate, mechanistic theories on the ways women think, rather than treat women as individuals as opposed to robots.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I'm a guy and, yeah, it is. There are guys on here who vent their bitterness all the time on why they can't get laid, never thinking that perhaps their bitterness and lack of confidence is the reason why. There are the guys on here who apparently view women as nothing more than a glorified hole into which they insert an appendage. There are the guys on here who, by the things they write about, would be considered incredibly boring company by actuarials, yet author "I'm a nice guy, why don't women like me" threads. There are guys who cook up elaborate, mechanistic theories on the ways women think, rather than treat women as individuals as opposed to robots.
And the worst, the 'nice guys.' Lol...I would never describe myself as a 'nice guy' even if I am really one i kid.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:53 AM

691 posts, read 1,427,145 times
There is a double standard though. A lot of women consider it "woman-hating" if you don't give women preferential treatment. If a man has had nothing but negative experiences with women, he's still not allowed to complain about them. In fact, he's supposed to not only feel guilty about having bitterness towards them, he's also expected to help them in time of need and treat them better than he would treat himself. Women on the other man, are allowed to hate men over the littlest thing and she will get nothing but support from most men and other women.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:54 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
And the worst, the 'nice guys.' Lol...I would never describe myself as a 'nice guy' even if I am really one i kid.
Well, the 'nice guy' threads are indeed the absolute worst, because there's this overweening piety about them. "Nothing's wrong with me. All the problem is with those women."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.