Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 11:30 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Men befriend women based on how they look, sometimes if you are not attractive enough they really don't want anything to do with you even if its just platonic. I've never been good at making male friends. The only time I had some was because I met them through my best friend.

for the situation you were in, I would have been offended. this is why I don't like socializing with men because of the situation you described. they are so insensitive

Agreed for the most part... but there are many men out there who don't mind having an unattractive woman around if they're into the same things...just don't expect to be treated like a woman. My guy friends treat me like a guy, they don't give a crap about my 'emotions' or how I feel because to them I'm a dude with ovaries.

You have to think of them as neutral friends...not men, not women, not love interests because that's how they think of you.

Perhaps I should have been offended at the situation I was in... but it really didn't bother me. It was actually kind of a relief because my little crush on one of them went away when I realized he definitely didn't feel the same way. I still like playing Halo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 11:48 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Agreed for the most part... but there are many men out there who don't mind having an unattractive woman around if they're into the same things...just don't expect to be treated like a woman. My guy friends treat me like a guy, they don't give a crap about my 'emotions' or how I feel because to them I'm a dude with ovaries.

You have to think of them as neutral friends...not men, not women, not love interests because that's how they think of you.

Perhaps I should have been offended at the situation I was in... but it really didn't bother me. It was actually kind of a relief because my little crush on one of them went away when I realized he definitely didn't feel the same way. I still like playing Halo
Well, I find it degrading to be viewed as a dude with ovaries because a woman is not considered attractive. I wouldn't even hang out with them because it would make me feel like I was nothing.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:51 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,726 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what kind of man I am looking for because apparently whatever he is I don't deserve him.
Well, there's your problem right there. And a very common problem apparently given the high rate of women who go for loser guys because they feel they do not 'deserve' any better.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:54 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Well, I find it degrading to be viewed as a dude with ovaries because a woman is not considered attractive. I wouldn't even hang out with them because it would make me feel like I was nothing.

And that's fine. I may not be that great looking, but I'm not going to let that get in the way of making friends and having fun. If I'm going to be alone, I may as well be alone with a bunch of friends

Old 05-24-2012, 11:58 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
It's guys who drone on and on and on about how the chick has to have big boobs, a big ass, small waist, and other superificial traits.
Those are not superficial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Meh. That's easy to find in this country AND it's one of the easiest things to acquire if you want to be a part of that crowd.

Ample T&A in this country... penny a dozen.

No they are not easy to find. Maybe in the Dominican Republic or somewhere but I hardly ever see that except on the internet haha.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Just like it isn't superficial for men to be rich and TDH.

You replied too fast, I just learned how to do a multi post response finally.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:06 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
No they are not easy to find. Maybe in the Dominican Republic or somewhere but I hardly ever see that except on the internet haha.
You must not get out much then. I see it all the time... especially in the AA community.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Just like it isn't superficial for men to be rich and TDH.

Does money make someone sexually turned on? Maybe for some but that is just different than being turned on by her body. Being turned on by her body means better sex, more willing to do what makes her pleased sexually, and wanting sex more. Plus it means probably wanting to stay with her and not stray either.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:11 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,057 times
Life isn't fair. Complaining and whining about it will make your situation worse. I for one cannot stand whiners. You always have "something" to be thankful for. And there is always someone worse off than you and you can be grateful you have what you have. Now...time to get off this damn forum and do some living! (that was for me but anyone else as well.)

Old 05-24-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
You must not get out much then. I see it all the time... especially in the AA community.

I'm white so yeah I don't see or come across it too often. Gawd help me if I ever vacation down in Brazil or Colombia. Then again Germany and Poland and such seem to have a number of voluptuous women.

But no, in my everyday travels all I ever see is skinny...skinny...no boobs....or round like a beach ball with no boobs or hip to waist ratio. I may come across a hour glass figuire maybe two or three times a year and then there the fact she isn't available or interested more than likely anyway.

Actually I did have a woman I was dating within the last year that had my body preference but she was a mental train wreck so it is always something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships