Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 05:59 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,126,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Yep, and women out there are saints looking for a guy with a nice personality and nothing else.

I honestly think you're better off alone if you think this about guys. Sorry.

The fact that you're quoting a site --- or even reading a site called blackgirlsareeasy.com and think it's how all men think says a lot..
The reason why this bothers me so much is that there are GROWN men who actually think this way. Men who are in their 20s. I actually have met a few guys who think exactly like this. He even categorizes a woman's potential by how attractive she is--ugly=bootycall material, pretty=girlfriend material and other levels in between. So, if a man thinks that I am ugly, that means I am only good for sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 06:00 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,131,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
The rating women beauty from 0-10, and this determines her worth as a human being to men. Relegating certain women as girlfriend material and others as booty call material just based on how attractive they are. If a man doesn't think you are attractive enough then he thinks you are only good enough for sex. Or he doesn't want to be seen out in public with you if you don't pass a certain beauty test

Sometimes I think I am better off alone. I really don't like the side of men. Some women just accept this but I can't. It bothers me so much because I have been a victim of this.
[/quote]

A lot of women who complain about this reject the same guys that don't put them on that scale. Seen it often.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHCT View Post
Okay. First I’d like to address this part because I think you may be taking it a bit out perspective;The rating women beauty from 0-10, and this determines her worth as a human being to men”. Men do not use a 1-10 scale to determine a woman’s worth as a human being. The 1-10 scale is used to gauge physical appearance and has nothing at all to do with how a man feels about a particular woman’s value to mankind.

That being said, I totally understand why you would not appreciate the idea of men placing a quantitative value upon a particular woman based solely off of her physical beauty. But, it almost sounds like you are giving women a pass eventhough they are (many times) guilty of similar offenses. For example, there are some women out there who will not date a guy who is shorter than they are. Some women will not date chubby guys, or guys that are too muscular or too skinny. There are some women who will not date a guy who makes less money than they do.

What I’m getting at is that men aren’t the only ones who use superficial characteristics to form their initial levels of interest. There are plenty of women who are adept at stringing guys along only to have them languish in the “friend zone” for as long as possible. I mean how many guys have heard a woman tell them “We shouldn’t date because I think it will end up ruining our friendship” or “It would be too weird for us to date because we just know each other too well”? Meanwhile, you know (not you personally of course) who's going to get that first phone call when you need a shoulder to cry on after getting played by some dude you met at the bar 2 nights ago or if you need someone to help you move.

So while I understand that it might seem easy to place this type of behavior squarely on the doorstep of us low-down; good-for-nothing men. Please realize that just because women are far better at hiding their shallow tendencies than men are, it doesn’t make them any less guilty.
Why are women villified for not wanting to date every guy who is attracted to them? I don't see anything wrong with this particular situation. She was even honest that she didn't want a relationship with you. I can understand if she was using you, & dated other guys behind your back.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:09 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,150,245 times
Quote:
The reason why this bothers me so much is that there are GROWN men who actually think this way. Men who are in their 20s. I actually have met a few guys who think exactly like this. He even categorizes a woman's potential by how attractive she is--ugly=bootycall material, pretty=girlfriend material and other levels in between. So, if a man thinks that I am ugly, that means I am only good for sex.
Have you thought maybe they don't even take this that seriously?

If they do just avoid them...Everyone has met a boorish chauvinist before, I'm sure you're old enough to be able to recognise them.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:13 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,225,521 times
Quote:
Why are women villified for not wanting to date every guy who is attracted to them? I don't see anything wrong with this particular situation. She was even honest that she didn't want a relationship with you. I can understand if she was using you, & dated other guys behind your back.

Judging off your other threads, you need to actually date a man first before complaining about this stuff.

I would also recommend therapy after reading the darkskin versus light skin thread.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:16 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,150,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Judging off your other threads, you need to actually date a man first before complaining about this stuff.

I would also recommend therapy after reading the darkskin versus light skin thread.
I agree, she needs to sort out some issues before she can begin a healthy relationship, or get the hell out of whatever ghetto she's stuck in.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:18 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,454,742 times
Most men determine if a woman is datable by
looks.........

Most women determine if a man is datable by
looks, personality, height, education level and income

Personally I think chicks got a better deal going on. You don't go bald and guys don't care how tall you are if you're cute so Stop eating too much, get your fat butt in the gym and men will like you..............pretty easy if you ask me

Old 05-24-2012, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Nyanna,

Why do you give immature boys relevancy by posting what they say as representative of mature men? You're not dealing with the brightest bulbs on the planet. Why don't you try quoting men who, I don't know, have an education or read books or have some idea of how a properly functioning human psychology works?

A great place to find men who are interested in a myriad of subjects other than "hitting it" or how they look with their B is an online science forum. These kind of males have deeper interests than obsessing over themselves and their mating exploits. Or get involved in politics. That's another area you won't find dumb guys interested in because it's over their heads. If you have the right interests - usually something intellectual - you'll find that the dumbies disappear from your life.

You get what you put out.
From reading the threads on here, and in real life there are men who actually think like him. I don't know how to avoid them. And I don't really find a lot of things about politics interesting. But if I did, where would I go to avoid these type of men?

Old 05-24-2012, 06:26 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,798,093 times
Quote:
From reading the threads on here, and in real life there are men who actually think like him. I don't know how to avoid them. And I don't really find a lot of things about politics interesting. But if I did, where would I go to avoid these type of men?
Go to college. Go to lectures. Get politically active. Go to museums, art exhibits. Volunteer on an archeological dig.

Online, like I mentioned, science forums, political forums, art forums, etc.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:28 AM

10,208 posts, read 11,190,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post

This....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships