Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 12:58 PM

753 posts, read 1,483,133 times

Advertisements

I think some younger women may prefer the bad boy but when most women think about getting married and having kids (those who actually think about it instead of "oops!"), the solid, stable guy makes for a secure relationship. I've seen this over and over with women in my circle. They deal with jerks when younger then pick a good guy when they get older. And these marriages are lasting.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:26 PM

691 posts, read 1,427,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankywithakeyboard View Post
I think some younger women may prefer the bad boy but when most women think about getting married and having kids (those who actually think about it instead of "oops!"), the solid, stable guy makes for a secure relationship. I've seen this over and over with women in my circle. They deal with jerks when younger then pick a good guy when they get older. And these marriages are lasting.
Yeah, those guys get to buy what the bad boys test drove for free. All those guys are, are her escape plan if things don't work out.

No thanks, I rather be single. I'm a lot of things, but I will never be someone's Plan "B". How is that supposed to make me feel?

Last edited by RamCharger1985; 05-14-2012 at 01:37 PM..

Old 05-14-2012, 01:38 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,387,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
Yeah, those guys get to buy what the bad boys test drove for free.

No thanks, I rather be single.
Yeah, that's about right, and you have a bunch of women on here who are in denial and say "oh, people change," "how can you NOT give someone a chance," "how can you lump people into one category," and "that's not nice."

Spare me. For the uneducated woman, there's the Vin Diesel bad-boy type. For the educated woman, there's the collegiate jerk bad-boy type who conveniently has a "silver spoon" and for whom looking the other way at his indiscretions is "convenient." Shyte under a different name still smells the same.

My family knows of a woman, now elderly, who was attractive in her day and was married to a hot-headed surgeon who was physically abusive to her. He probably even cheated on her. She remained married to him for the duration. But, hey, she got to live in an upscale, manicured neighborhood and her Nordstrom account was, I'm sure, always taken care of. Can you say "sell out?"

Old 05-14-2012, 01:43 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,879,271 times
Quote:
Yeah, those guys get to buy what the bad boys test drove for free. All those guys are, are her escape plan if things don't work out.

No thanks, I rather be single. I'm a lot of things, but I will never be someone's Plan "B". How is that supposed to make me feel?
so you make this assumption that you are every woman's plan b?..

Old 05-14-2012, 01:48 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,184,405 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Yeah, that's about right, and you have a bunch of women on here who are in denial and say "oh, people change," "how can you NOT give someone a chance," "how can you lump people into one category," and "that's not nice."

Spare me. For the uneducated woman, there's the Vin Diesel bad-boy type. For the educated woman, there's the collegiate jerk bad-boy type who conveniently has a "silver spoon" and for whom looking the other way at his indiscretions is "convenient." Shyte under a different name still smells the same.

My family knows of a woman, now elderly, who was attractive in her day and was married to a hot-headed surgeon who was physically abusive to her. He probably even cheated on her. She remained married to him for the duration. But, hey, she got to live in an upscale, manicured neighborhood and her Nordstrom account was, I'm sure, always taken care of. Can you say "sell out?"
This just sounds like a whole lot of sour grapes to me. It's like you are saying how awful women are because they don't want to marry the first nice guy they meet when they are 12 years old. I've always dated good guys - but some of the guys I dated when I was younger were just for fun. I didn't want to get married at 20. When you aren't thinking about getting married - when you are dating to simply have a good time - you are naturally going to choose different people than you would when you are looking to settle down. The same goes for men. A lot of guys date girls they don't plan on marrying when they are younger. This isn't some great injustice meant to punish all the "nice" people out there. And just because someone has dated other people before meeting the right person doesn't make them damaged goods.

People are looking for different things at different points in their lives. What's so hard to grasp?

Old 05-14-2012, 01:48 PM

691 posts, read 1,427,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Or they accuse you of being bitter. From our POV I can't see any reason NOT to be.

The worst thing is they hawk that "the nice gets the girl in the end" like he's getting the good end of the deal. Like he's supposed to feel good about being a last resort option.

Its like someone offering you an apartment, but theres mold on the ceiling, cracks & stains on the walls, peeling paint, and splinters in the floors. Normally you wouldn't want to spend one night there, but say you're homeless and its winter......hmm, the place doesn't sound so bad now, does it? But it still doesn't change the fact that it's not what you wanted & hoped for though.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:55 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,387,495 times
Quote:
Or they accuse you of being bitter.
That too. It's a constant from women who know they would be categorically excluded based on their demographics.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:56 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,203,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
hahahah, so the nice guy sits around til the girl is desperate and will go back to him because she won't look at him til she realizes that she needs someone who will do whatever she says.

That's no nice guy, that's a wimp.

It's not very uncommon for guys to do this tho. Even though I make fun of them, I can't really blame them considering the circumstances

Old 05-14-2012, 02:00 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,203,652 times
Quote:
Or they accuse you of being bitter. From our POV I can't see any reason NOT to be.

The worst thing is they hawk that "the nice gets the girl in the end" like he's getting the good end of the deal. Like he's supposed to feel good about being a last resort option.

Its like someone offering you an apartment, but theres mold on the ceiling, cracks & stains on the walls, peeling paint, and splinters in the floors. Normally you wouldn't want to spend one night there, but say you're homeless and its winter......hmm, the place doesn't sound so bad now, does it? But it still doesn't change the fact that it's not what you wanted & hoped for though.

The "bad boy" got her in her PRIME. And he didn't have to put a ring on it or commit long term.

While the "nice guy" has to take care of His bastard children.

This happens ALL the time and I've seen guys fall Into this trap

Old 05-14-2012, 02:00 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,184,405 times
Quote:
So... what you are basically saying is that you are bitter? Then what's wrong with people saying that you are bitter? You just don't want to be told what you are?

Quote:

That analogy doesn't make any sense to me. If the "prize" isn't a "prize" then that's not what people are talking about. I still don't understand what difference it makes who someone dated before you if they fall in love with you in the end. It's like women aren't allowed to date or fall in love with anyone else before they meet the right person. Doesn't make any sense to me. That's the way you find the right person - by dating the wrong guys until you find the right guys. That's how it works for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.