Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 10:59 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,611,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
hahahah, so the nice guy sits around til the girl is desperate and will go back to him because she won't look at him til she realizes that she needs someone who will do whatever she says.

That's no nice guy, that's a wimp.
Yep, wimps are normaly self proclaimed nice guys. It doesnt mean that eveery nice guy is a wimp however. I thik the definition of "nice guy" varies for many and this is why we normaly cant agree on this subject.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:00 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,207,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Why do men overwhelmingly prefer to date women in their twenties? What do they have that a woman of say a woman in her fifties doesn't have?
Youth and fertility.

That and they just flat out look better

Old 05-14-2012, 11:03 AM

Looks are a small part of it, so is social status and myriad of other traits. What is alot more important however, is confidence, charisma and responsibility. If a guy displays these three traits, he can have a very sucesful dating life. Dont believe the nonsense that you have been brianwashed with all your life. Respect yourself and the women you approach. Be comfortable in your own skin and display the traits listed above and everything will fall into place.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:04 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,219,132 times
Since no one asks this question before I'll ask it again. Why is everyone on this board obsessed with nice guys? Things were going pretty good on these threads until the OP had to make a thread about how much he hates nice guys. Next thing you know this thread is going to go 100 pages. If people hate a group of guys so much than why bring them up at all? There are more threads on this forum about nice guys than there is on the evils of domestic violence.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:05 AM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Why do men overwhelmingly prefer to date women in their twenties? What do they have that a woman of say a woman in her fifties doesn't have?
Who said they did? They don't. Men in their 30's and 40's who have any maturity want women close to their own age. As I posted elsewhere, they're not interested in the kiddie corral. They've matured beyond that. They want someone they can have an intelligent conversation with about the economy, politics, professional interests, and life in general. There are plenty of great-looking women in those age ranges.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:07 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,807,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Who said they did? They don't. Men in their 30's and 40's who have any maturity want women close to their own age. As I posted elsewhere, they're not interested in the kiddie corral. They've matured beyond that. They want someone they can have an intelligent conversation with about the economy, politics, professional interests, and life in general. There are plenty of great-looking women in those age ranges.
Agreed. As a man in his 40s I have no interest in being with GIRLS who could be my daughter. I prefer women my age or even a bit older... women with whom I have some things in common.

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Since no one asks this question before I'll ask it again. Why is everyone on this board obsessed with nice guys? Things were going pretty good on these threads until the OP had to make a thread about how much he hates nice guys. Next thing you know this thread is going to go 100 pages. If people hate a group of guys so much than why bring them up at all? There are more threads on this forum about nice guys than there is on the evils of domestic violence.
There was a sudden explosion of nice-guy threads because so many guys were refusing to believe women who posted that women much prefer nice guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
In todays dating world as it is, men look to their male friends for intellectual stimulation and debates on religion, politics, spirituality, economy. Very few women have interest in these subjects.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:10 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,204,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Because we have a plague of these threads. And every single self-described 'nice guy' refuses to really address the true reasons why he is alone, preferring instead to whine about life's inherent unfairness.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:10 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,807,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
In todays dating world as it is, men look to their male friends for intellectual stimulation and debates on religion, politics, spirituality, economy. Very few women have interest in these subjects.
Not true, unless you're talking about 20-somethings who can't tear themselves away from The Idiot Box, Facebook, gadgets, etc. Plenty of 30- and 40-somethings who love to talk about more cerebral topics.

It's all about the type of woman you're seeking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.