Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 08:09 AM

199 posts, read 391,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Freak View Post
No offense but I think that's bull****. You can figure women out by the type of men that they choose and by the way they behave.
Always judge a women by her actions, not her words. Pay attention to the men they date. Good point.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:12 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,471 times
Quote:
No it does not really. And btw childhood is the best years to be with women because this is the period where they are the prettiest.
What???

Old 05-14-2012, 08:16 AM

154 posts, read 155,868 times
Quote:
No offense but I think that's bull****. You can figure women out by the type of men that they choose and by the way they behave.
Well, yeah. And I wasn't offended at all. But your statement could apply to men as well. And I wasn't giving women a pass or making an excuse. It's all quite simple actually. Make women feel something. Because women DO want to feel something. And don't lose yourself trying to impress anyone.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:18 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Guys become what we see women are attracted to. If you went strictly by what a woman said, you'd get nowhere.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:26 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Not ANOTHER of these threads. Jeez.

Once more for the learning disabled:

1) Women don't want bad boys. They want men who aren't afraid of living their lives. Big difference.
2) 99% of the time, men who term themselves nice guys aren't nice guys. They are just too timid to have an opinion or assert themselves. Real nice guys are guys who know how to stand up for themselves, live interesting lives, and still treat others with decency and courtesy. Because they want to, not because they feel they have no other alternative.
3) Having good manners is not the same thing as being an effete pushover.
4) No matter what, women like men who make their move and are unapologetic about it. It has nothing to do with being nice or not being nice. It has everything to do with being a man. If you can't seize the moment and go for a kiss by the end of a second date, she'll start to wonder about your testosterone levels and treat you accordingly.
5) No matter what, women despise men who treat them with all the delicacy of a Ming vase.
6) There is a difference between being adored and being worshipped. All women want the first and despise being the second. Put a woman up on a pedestal and she will hate you for doing it. It is way too much of a burden.
7) It is not contradictory to really like a woman and be unwilling to put up with her bullish*t. She will respect you a lot more if you assert yourself in that regard.
8) Why do you lack a date on Saturday night? We can boil it down to several possible solutions:
-- You don't respect yourself enough to dress well. If your wardrobe consists mainly of plaid or free polo shirts that you picked up from various software vendors over the years, you fit into this category. That's stuff you wear when working in the yard, not when you go out in public. For it tells the world that you're too cheap or too lazy to buy yourself some decent attire. It always floors me that guys demand that women look hot and yet pay not the slightest bit of attention to how they dress themselves.
-- You don't respect yourself enough to take care of yourself. No, you don't have to spend two hours daily huffing and puffing at the gym. But hoist yourself off the couch and do something, anything. If you hate to run, buy a bicycle. Hell, just go out for a stroll everyday. And get a decent haircut. Anything besides looking like some pasty-faced troglodyte who watches 7 hours of television a night and has his hand permanently jammed into a Doritos bag.
-- You haven't grown up. Women like men, not boys. If you are over the age of 18 and you are still playing more than a couple of hours of video and computer games a week, you are either in this category or in danger of being in this category. Life is a freaking banquet, filled with interesting people and interesting things to do. And you're starving to death by sitting on your couch shooting imaginary aliens.
-- Be self-sufficient. This includes living not with your parents. By the time you're 23, there is no excuse on the planet why you shouldn't be out of your own, or at least have a roommate. To not do so makes you some manchild who can't stand on his own two feet. And that also means being able to cook your own meals, do your own laundry, and run a vacuum cleaner once a week. When a woman comes to your apartment, she wants to know that a man lives there, not some overgrown frat boy.
-- Do something with your life. It doesn't mean you have be an arbitrage lawyer on Wall Street, or a doctor, or a high-powered businessman. Just have a reason to get up in the morning and have a plan. Hell, do charitable work. Write novels. Be the best damned carpenter in town. Play the saxophone. ANYTHING besides staring at the idiot box six hours every night. Just do something you love and be really, really good at it. That's all you need.
9) Quit whining. Everybody hates whining. That includes passive-aggressive behavior and wondering why the world won't deliver happiness to your doorstep. Because it's something you have to go out and find on your own.
10) If you haven't had a steady girlfriend by the time you're 22, it ain't them. It's you. And it ain't because you're short or ugly or don't make a lot of money. It's because your attitude in life makes you an undesirable person to be around, a veritable millstone around the neck of anyone foolish enough to come within a country mile of you. You exhaust anyone who might initially treat you with kindness. Stop being that person right now.

There. The definitive Nice Guy/Bad Boy thread. Can we now move to ban all future threads on this topic once and for all?

Last edited by cpg35223; 05-14-2012 at 08:52 AM..

Old 05-14-2012, 08:44 AM

188 posts, read 304,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
And it ain't because your short or ugly or don't make a lot of money.
How do you know it's not because of those things? I think it can very well be because some of those things.

My point is that it's better to accept the truth than it is to live a life of lies.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:47 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
How do you know it's not because of those things? I think it can very well be because of those things to a very part.

My point is that it's better to accept the truth that it because of those things than to live a life of lies.
Because I know short guys and ugly guys who are happily married, that's why. When I was single, I knew short guys and ugly guys who had no problem being in a relationship.
Why? Because they didn't use their appearance as some freaking excuse. That's why. No, the real problem isn't the physical appearance, but the sad soul that lurks within.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:06 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
No it does not really. And btw childhood is the best years to be with women because this is the period where they are the prettiest.
This is either unfortunately poor phrasing or one of the creepiest things I have ever read here.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:28 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
I don't want a bad boy. I want a good man with a fun-loving, mischievous aspect to his personality.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:41 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,073 times
women like jerks? what......................no way.
you mean some 6'2'' meat head wearing a tight shirt with dragons on it that drives a camero or big truck can pull chicks? when did this happen?

don't worry kids, those guys only get to nail chicks in their 20's.

In the end if you want to get the babe or keep the babe it's all about the $$$$$$$$
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.