Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2012, 04:54 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
I apologize if I came off rude. I came off a little aggressive but thats my preference I do want the hottest women but I understand it takes alot of work so I'm practicing on some small fish first.
Charming. Be sure to let the "small fish" know that you're not at all serious about them and are just using them as stepping stones to get something you perceive to be better. And don't come whining to us if you do manage to land a "hot" woman, and discover she's demanding and expects you to spend a lot of money on her. All the time.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:55 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't see how the quotes you've given have anything to do with the "nice guy" issue. These quotes are about the quality of someone's photos.
You keep saying ...

"Women want a nice guy"
"Women want a good man to treat them right"
"Women want a guy to just be their good friend"

Stuff like that...

Almost all women do want that ... AFTER they find the guy physically attractive.

So ... would attractive guys be posting here complaining about nice guys versus bad boys? No. Because they wouldn't be having problems with women. The guys who are posting cannot get women because they cannot break the attraction barrier.

So, the quotes are completely relevant.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:58 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,016,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Very interesting...thanks for your comments. You're 100% correct, about the effects of wussiness, on men (i.e., being thought of as a doormat, regularly being taken advantage of, etc.).

My only real question though is, what is that causes what is conventionally thought of as wussiness in a man, in the first place? I would imagine that it has a lot to do with being shy and/or inexperienced with women, while at the same time also very much wanting to be loved and cared about, by them. The wuss therefore might think that by being kind to women, they might like him more, and be kinder to him as well. When they almost inevitably do not, it becomes a vicious cycle.

The thing that disturbs me though is, I think many women actually know this (i.e., that in reality, the "wuss" genuinely wants to be loved, by them), but simply don't care about it, or simply dismiss it. But women are also generally thought of as the more loving, of the 2 genders...so why are wusses so inherently unlovable, to them? I've never understood that...

In my opinion..
I believe...
I'm not saying its right..
But I think its human nature. It's not about just gender.
If we all had 458 Italias and GTRs would they be anyhing special??

I believe a wuss makes himself to emotionally available so its not special when he shares his emotions. Women take it for granted.

I also believe that women want a strong, powerful, confident men because men are still seen as the leader, alpha gender, protector and the wuss is the exact opposite of it.

Women don't want he man but at the same times its a turn off to see a guy more emotional then snow white.

It's kind of like seeing a women spit dip into a bucket, scratch her armpits and let out a big fart.

Emotions are tied in with femininity and power is tied in with masculinity if that makes any sense.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Charming. Be sure to let the "small fish" know that you're not at all serious about them and are just using them as stepping stones to get something you perceive to be better. And don't come whining to us if you do manage to land a "hot" woman, and discover she's demanding and expects you to spend a lot of money on her. All the time.
lol their using me for a fling also.....so???

Old 05-13-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't know how true this nonsense is. I've never really noticed the girl always wanting the bad boy... otherwise I'd never have gotten a GF.

I was definitely not the bad boy type.... I had too much of a baby face and momma issues to be a bad boy....

You just proved my OP right then...

Old 05-13-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
You keep saying ...

"Women want a nice guy"
"Women want a good man to treat them right"
"Women want a guy to just be their good friend"

Stuff like that...

Almost all women do want that ... AFTER they find the guy physically attractive.

So ... would attractive guys be posting here complaining about nice guys versus bad boys? No. Because they wouldn't be having problems with women. The guys who are posting cannot get women because they cannot break the attraction barrier.

So, the quotes are completely relevant.
The photo thing is one of the shortcomings of online dating. It leads people to weed out people they might otherwise find interesting and attractive. But people really do need to make the best of their photos, and not submit one's they've taken themselves.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:05 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
You just proved my OP right then...
LOL, I wasn't arguing against your point.....

Old 05-13-2012, 05:07 PM

I think most of us here agree with your OP, and find it a refreshing change to the usual BS.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:08 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,689 times
worrying or concerning yourself about what women want is pointless.
you can be boring, exciting, unique, fat, tall, skinny, in shape, rich poor... it doesnt matter.
women WILL share themselves amongst men the moment they feel they can't get whatever it is they're looking for in you. if you were 'exciting' in the beginning but tapered off, there's a new man that will give them that excitement. if you attracted a girl with your money initially then stopped 'spoiling' her, she will find another man to spoil her.
women will be sharing themselves sooner or later. worrying about pleasing women is pointless.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:10 PM

Oh no, it's the "women sharing themselves" guy again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.