Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 02:09 PM

109 posts, read 126,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
No offense, but you can't be too great looking if you are going out with very average/ even chubby ones. And if a dork makes you weak in the knees, most likely your not as "hot" as you think. I've seen many cheerleaders in my life. Sorry sweatie, but that don't mean sh t. I've seen alot of real chubby/ homely ones in the last ten to twenty years. I don't even think of the hot girls as cheerleaders anymore.

But, if you are so opposite, then you need to find someone more like yourself. Because if you are much better looking than the "geek that somehow makes your knees weak-can't figure that one out) then you should be paired with someone more suited to you. I have always believed that people should date similar-otherwise jealousy and "feelings" of not good enough soon enough enter the picture. Plus (and I like to look ahead) and perhaps I'm being overly vain, but do you want to have kids with a fugly father? You might end up with a load of "butterface kids". And in the end it's not going to work because of his insecurities of dating someone "above" him. Although, I am highly suspicious that you aren't as " great" as you think you are. Highschool cheerleaders are not all good looking and most of them put on the pounds afterwords..Perhaps, you're more even lookwise than you think. Sorry, if all this sounds crude. I just want to shoot it straight for ya. Either way, it doesn't sound good.

You got together all hot and steamy (still confused about that one if your so fine and he's a geek) and that quickly, you pull away. Maybe he's such a dork that all he ever wanted was the "goods" and now that he got them it lifted his pathetic "ego" and he can now say he slept with a cheerleader...Sounds like tragedy any way you look at it..Sorry, just being brutally honest. I hope I am wrong, but peoples own perceptions of themselves are often very skewed. Last but not least, how perfect can "any" courtship be within a month. You were in the honeymoon phase..That usually lasts longer. That phase didn't even last til the second month. Drop him and find someone better.
Thank you for the brutally honest comment. Im not saying Im dropdead gorgeous. I've had my share of heartbreaks, such as not getting the one I wanted or being left for somebody else.

But I do know that I turned heads when I was in high school and years later still have about five guys asking me out at a time. Not such a record since I know some girls who are exceptionally beautiful and can get just any man. But then the most beautiful in my class (not me) was even rejected by the guy she liked for someone else.

No, not all cheerleaders are hot. I have a few girls in my squad that I got only because they were great gymnasts or dancers. But I know I enjoyed a lot of perks back then. It's true, you literally rule the school. But Im not mean and I never bullied anyone. Still, all my cheerleader friends were the prettiest in our class.

My bf is not a dork. He has a good job. He looks like a nerd bec he wears glasses and is shy and quiet, very opposite of what I am because Im more of out there. I meant "opposite" like that, not that he's ugly while Im beautiful. He said he was just one of the quiet ones when he was at school, while I could say I was popular. Again, not dropdead gorgeous.

I dont think we'll have ugly kids, either. He makes me weak in the knees because we had chemistry. I dont think everyone would believe this, but there was something special that night we met. Holding on for a month seemed a miracle enough.

Im still trying to figure out if he just wanted to get me in bed. Looks like he still wants to stay, though. Like I said, he's been a good bf overall. I just have this one issue about a girl and his fb. Anyway, I'll know soon if this is all superficial or true love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 02:24 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Plus (and I like to look ahead) and perhaps I'm being overly vain, but do you want to have kids with a fugly father? You might end up with a load of "butterface kids".
Always something to consider....lol

Old 05-30-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Always something to consider....lol
LOL

He's not ugly people! He's nerdy, shy, and quiet and doesnt date a lot. But he's no Napoleon Dynamite at all.

I mean, would you turn down Clark Kent if he asked you out? He's not someone you would typically date or he might even be tossed aside constantly, but take off those glasses...

Im not saying my bf is superman handsome, but those glasses make a lot of difference.

Anyhow, Im not afraid to have his baby and worry a kid of mine will be called ugly.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:46 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazermunsta View Post

He's nerdy, shy, and quiet and doesnt date a lot. But he's no Napoleon Dynamite at all.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:02 PM

900 posts, read 1,702,256 times
Keep posting , we'd all like to know how it truns out. Now that you're past the initial attraction , looks no longer have as high a priority. Don't show jealousy , it looks ugly. Just watch and keep us posted.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:32 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
OP loves drama. Most men don't though.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
OP loves drama. Most men don't though.
i know! lol...

well too much has happened and i am not proud of myself.

we had about 3 or 4 fights about the issue. i even called it quits one time. i told him exactly how it all made me feel. he finally explained his reasons. i just resolved to accept them. but honestly, it has made the butterflies fly away.

i still care for him, but i dont feel the same thrill with him before. and its not because its normal to settle into calmness at this point. i believe we shud still be raging at this stage, but we're not. and again, i accept it.

now someone else has been asking me out for the past month. it all started as friendly chats. but i've agreed to go steady with him. i know, i know.

i dont feel intense fireworks with the new guy... but the butterflies are slowly coming back. and i feel a rush of excitement that i sometimes try to suppress bec of guilt. im afraid to feel them, but im giving my new bf a chance. he did everything i ever wanted from the 1st guy on the very first day and i didnt even have to ask... i thot i wouldnt let it be an issue this time. but he gave me the recognition i wanted, like he read my mind. we never even talkd about such things...

im still confused, but the odds are tilted towards the new bf right now.

i deserve any hateful comments i'll get
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships