Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 03:01 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,837,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Crap, I guess I'm screwed. Disorderly Conduct and Driving on a Suspended License -Unknowingly , I guess I don't have a chance in the dating world now
Lol. That would pass I guess. *shrugs*

Everybody is different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 03:21 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,400,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
What do you think of woman who stick by her mans side when he goes to jail? (regardless of what its for)

What about woman who somehow (not sure how) but somehow meet an inmate and starts a relationship while hes still locked up?

What would you do?
I think it depends why. My fiancee and I went through a scare of this order about a year ago. His divorce was nasty and the custody battle was nasty as well. Even though the divorce is 5 years old, he has only had any visitation that is enforceable for the last year. One day after he was granted visitation, all of a sudden the ex remembered a couple of times that he was "violent beyond discipline" with her daughter, his step daughter. She had the girl go to the police and file a complaint. It was investigated but never went any further than that. I know this is actually fairly common in the midst of a nasty divorce/custody mess, as well as as he did not do it (one of the times she tried to allege that he abused the girl, I was there and nothing ever happened. We initially tried to remain in contact with BOTH girls (the bio daughter and the step) when we first got together, so the older daughter would not feel that her step dad no longer cared for her...we think the ex forgot I was there), but we did talk about what we would do if it got to the point of a trial, plea bargain, etc as we were afraid he could go to jail for a LONG time if she managed to lie her way to a conviction. I told him that I would stick by him. Luckily nothing ever came of it.

Having the hardest time with clarity on this one. They got divorced, it was nasty, after the divorce we met and he moved in with me. At this point, all peaceful contact with his ex became impossible so he had to sue for legal custody rights.

Last edited by thebunny; 07-11-2012 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: Clarity

Old 07-11-2012, 03:46 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,922,677 times
I wonder if most women would date a guy with a felony record, but who was independently wealthy. I see many here are saying they wouldn't date a guy with any kind of serious criminal record, but I have a feeling that'd take a backseat if he's already wealthy.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:33 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,383,529 times
I would never start a relationship with a man in jail/prison.

I would hope to not be in a relationship with a man who would do something to land in jail.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:37 PM

123 posts, read 122,773 times
Happened to me was in a relationship with a guy who went to jail after dating him 2 months (dui and reckless driving) I stood by his side and even bailed him out after couple of weeks. At the end, 3 months later he dumped me and I still didnt get my money back I learned my lesson

Old 07-11-2012, 06:38 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,922,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I would never start a relationship with a man in jail/prison.

I would hope to not be in a relationship with a man who would do something to land in jail.
I don't think it's all that fair to generalize. I mean, someone could be in jail for some kind of non-violent misdemeanor all the way up to in prison for murder. Clearly, there's a huge difference between the two.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:45 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,953,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia112 View Post
Happened to me was in a relationship with a guy who went to jail after dating him 2 months (dui and reckless driving) I stood by his side and even bailed him out after couple of weeks. At the end, 3 months later he dumped me and I still didnt get my money back I learned my lesson

If you bailed him out you should be able to go to the court and get your bail money.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:56 PM

How does that work?

Old 07-11-2012, 07:02 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,953,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia112 View Post
How does that work?

When you bail him out, you pay the jail system and put your name down. That means that the money is in your name, not his. After he goes to court the bond is released, but he is unable to get that money if you picked him up. So if he goes through his court, the bond is released and you can go to the courthouse and get your money.

That actually happened to me, a buddy of mine bailed me out of jail. I paid him back the next day but then after my court date I realized that I could get the money back but since it was in HIS name, he had to go down to the courthouse with me and get the money himself and give it to me.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:14 PM

Even if used a bailsman ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships