Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would you do?
Try him out 20 50.00%
No thanks 20 50.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 06:42 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I know absolutely no women who are like this. I feel sad for you.
I know it's not everyone, but it happens far more than you would care to want to know.

Maybe it'll change as I get older, maybe it won't, but I thought women would learn when they hit there 30s. Doesn't seem to be happening around this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 07:02 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
And say you found him cute or appealing...I guess most woman don't approach, ever, but saying you're the approaching type, and his friend tells you he NEVER approaches women.

Would you be the one to get him out of his shell, or are men like that too timid for you to even consider?

It seems there are a lot of overtly shy/timid men these days. Or if they're not, they're TOO forward about it. There are also more bold women, it seems.
It depends. I find that shy guys usually are hard to talk too and it can be awkward around them. From what I remember, I just chose to remain friends with the guy.

It's not really easy to make someone feel at ease. Sometimes when they are shy they are shy forever.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:07 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,506,675 times
Quote:
And say you found him cute or appealing...I guess most woman don't approach, ever, but saying you're the approaching type, and his friend tells you he NEVER approaches women.

Would you be the one to get him out of his shell, or are men like that too timid for you to even consider?

It seems there are a lot of overtly shy/timid men these days. Or if they're not, they're TOO forward about it. There are also more bold women, it seems.
Most women don't approach regardless of how much she likes him. A aggressive guy and/or player will approach her take her. That is why women are with the wrong guys. A shy guy is much less likely to cheat also. I have had women approach me, not a lot though.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:09 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
It depends. I find that shy guys usually are hard to talk too and it can be awkward around them. From what I remember, I just chose to remain friends with the guy.

It's not really easy to make someone feel at ease. Sometimes when they are shy they are shy forever.
Some. I have a nervous disposition, but I definitely open up once I feel comfortable around/trust somebody.

I tend to be nervous/awkward when first meeting an attractive member of the opposite sex, but I can open up quite easily.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:11 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Most women don't approach regardless of how much she likes him. A aggressive guy and/or player will approach her take her. That is why women are with the wrong guys. A shy guy is much less likely to cheat also. I have had women approach me, not a lot though.
Don't you notice it also tends to be older women? Like often over 30? Even if they don't approach you for that, they seem more likely to just approach to talk, especially when drunk.

Attractive young women don't feel the need to approach because they are approached more as well. They can be more choosy. Also in general it is OLDER women who have the higher sex drives, so they can become more predatory as their biological clock ticks away (even if their intention is not to have babies with you, that's the drive that drives them).

Old 05-30-2012, 07:13 PM

415 posts, read 615,762 times
I'm going through this right now with a shy guy. He just acts weird and uncomfortable in social situations in general. I have no idea what he thinks of me. I've made it clear what I think of him. I even gave him my number.

I don't ask guys out, ever, period, I don't care how shy they are. Nothing good ever came of me asking a guy out, they either ran or got bored. I subscribe to the opinion that if a man likes a woman, he will ask her out, even if he is shy.

Given that shy guys don't ever ask women out it would seem, I'm going to go with "never give him a chance." Sorry, not interested in boring him down the line because I did all the pursuing. Given that I am older, if his friend told me he never asks a girl out, I'd bail even quicker.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
the most i would probably be willing to do would be talk to him and that's only if he showed some interest (yea right). most of these type men don't even show slightest bit of interest so i guess women are going to continue to escape them, shame as it is.
What kind of setting? Locations?

Old 05-30-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I know absolutely no women who are like this. I feel sad for you.
He should hold a black book then.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Don't you notice it also tends to be older women? Like often over 30? Even if they don't approach you for that, they seem more likely to just approach to talk, especially when drunk.

Attractive young women don't feel the need to approach because they are approached more as well. They can be more choosy. Also in general it is OLDER women who have the higher sex drives, so they can become more predatory as their biological clock ticks away (even if their intention is not to have babies with you, that's the drive that drives them).
Older women are aggressive and know what they want. They know the game well.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:37 PM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suissegrl702 View Post

I don't ask guys out, ever, period, I don't care how shy they are. Nothing good ever came of me asking a guy out

You can say that again!

In my experience, it set a really off tone for the entire relationship. My days of chasing after dudes are over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships