Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 12:18 PM

11,812 posts, read 12,062,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Let’s see here, many people have said it already but here it goes…a guy pays for her roof, her bills, her vacations, her meals and drinks when they go out, etc. And she decides to go out shopping without a mere $20 in her pocket. Who goes shopping without money? The only thing she is supposed to do and she can’t? She has a job that pays her $35,000 and she can’t handle that simple little thing after this guy hands her everything in a silver platter?

So you say a guy that takes care of the mortgage, has a roof over her head, pays for her bills, takes her out on vacations, takes care of her meals and drinks, etc. while having a girl enjoy all that for free (buys groceries 2 or 3 times a month for 2 people only), is a cheap guy?
^^^^This.

That's where so so many of us are lost in her assertions that this guy is a cheapskate.

He feels used, and I don't blame him, because he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 12:22 PM

19,751 posts, read 20,308,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post

He feels used, and I don't blame him, because he is.
I think it depends on the nature of the relationship itself.

Most (or some, whatever) men prefer to provide for their woman/family.

I wouldn't call him cheap, nor her a user.
Perhaps they are just not headed in that direction together afterall..

Old 06-15-2012, 01:05 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,743,988 times
ONIHC - Let’s see if you get this once and for all, even though I’m sure you’re well aware this is all water under the bridge, RIGHT? She dumped the weirdo, so why are we still discussing him?
Now try to concentrate
The cheapskate makes over 6 times what she makes;
]She was paying for the meals – that includes the ones he was stuffing his mouth with
She was shopping for the food to make the meals
She was planning the meals
She was cooking the meals
She was cleaning
I imagine they didn’t take weekly vacations, and I’ll judging from the way the cheapskate behaves, vacations were probably taken at a Local 8 Motel, eating at McDonald’s, and visiting the USS Alabama on some free pass;[
I’m sure before he met her he didn’t live in a tent, that he suddenly had to pay rent when he met her, so the rent was there before her
Let’s scan forward to now
He’s now the one paying for the food he’s stuffing his mouth with
He’s either picking up that food and taking it home, or eating out, or buying it at the grocery store and cooking it for himself
He’s STILL paying the same rent he was before he met her
However, now he can take the $20 and stick it up his rectum. (Which might actually cause him delight –cheapskates get off on not spending money).

Old 06-15-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
My girl and I romance each other, we take each other out, we both take care of the expenses, we both take the initiative, and so on. We’re a team. It’s not a one-sided relationship which seems to be what you prefer. In my relationship we are both givers and takers.
Everyone romances everyone. So what?

I'm trying to figure out what you're telling me here. Are you and your girlfriend mirror images? Is it kinda like having sex with yourself? Or are there any differences at all? Or you two are identical? And what are those differences? Please say it ain't so. Are you two like two neutered, non-gendered mirror images, like the mirror image scene in the Marx Brothers movie, Duck Soup? It sounds exactly like that.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:30 PM

819 posts, read 1,130,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
ONIHC - Let’s see if you get this once and for all, even though I’m sure you’re well aware this is all water under the bridge, RIGHT? She dumped the weirdo, so why are we still discussing him?
Now try to concentrate
]She was paying for the meals – that includes the ones he was stuffing his mouth with
She was cleaning
I imagine they didn’t take weekly vacations, and I’ll judging from the way the cheapskate behaves, vacations were probably taken at a Local 8 Motel, eating at McDonald’s, and visiting the USS Alabama on some free pass;[
I’m sure before he met her he didn’t live in a tent, that he suddenly had to pay rent when he met her, so the rent was there before her
He’s either picking up that food and taking it home, or eating out, or buying it at the grocery store and cooking it for himself
However, now he can take the $20 and stick it up his rectum. (Which might actually cause him delight –cheapskates get off on not spending money).
Obviously he should have just hired a live-in chef and got a prostitute every week or so because it would have not only been cheaper, but much less hassle.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:31 PM

819 posts, read 1,130,856 times
Quote:
Everyone romances everyone. So what?

I'm trying to figure out what you're telling me here. Are you and your girlfriend mirror images? Is it kinda like having sex with yourself? Or are there any differences at all? Or you two are identical? And what are those differences? Please say it ain't so. Are you two like two neutered, non-gendered mirror images, like the mirror image scene in the Marx Brothers movie, Duck Soup? It sounds exactly like that.
Duck Soup references..? Are you 80 years old or something? Most people on this board have never seen that, much less know who the Marx Brothers are.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:45 PM

270 posts, read 410,060 times
See inline for come comments in bold.
Quote:
The cheapskate makes over 6 times what she makes; immaterial
She was paying for the meals – that includes the ones he was stuffing his mouth with
She was cleaning
So what? I do that for myself every week. You make it sound like cooking & doing some cleaning is really, really hard. It's not. It's what we grownups do every day.
I imagine they didn’t take weekly vacations, and I’ll judging from the way the cheapskate behaves, vacations were probably taken at a Local 8 Motel, eating at McDonald’s, and visiting the USS Alabama on some free pass;[ You must've missed the thread where he took her to Hawaii.
You don't really know WHAT his living situation was. Maybe he moved into a bigger place for her. Either way, it doesn't matter. She is simply NOT entitled to anything from him. She is just NOT. They are not married. He has NO obligation to support her. She should consider herself darn lucky that she's been able to get by with this arrangement for so long.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:49 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,288,820 times
Quote:
The cheapskate makes over 6 times what she makes
So that entitles her to his bank account? How about if guys said “My girl is way more attractive than me, therefore, I am entitled to have sex with her whenever I want”?

Quote:
She was cleaning
Don’t overdo it. There are only 2 people in that house. It’s not like you go grocery shopping every day. A working man normally only eats ONE MEAL at home. A glass of orange juice and a granola bar on his way to work don’t count. Cleaning a house of 2 does not require vacuuming every single day, washing the bathrooms every single day, etc. Don’t overdo it.

Regardless of him paying a little or a lot in mortgage, her bills, putting a roof over her head, paying for her vacations, etc. he’s paying for all of that and she’s enjoying it for free. A grown up woman with a job and cannot even do something as simple as taking out a $20 bill? I can imagine the supermarket is not 3 hours away. If I was in her place, I would just tell him we need to go back home to pick up my wallet and do my part to be responsible in the ONLY THING that is expected from me which is nothing compared to what he does for her. Nope, all she did was “Oopsie! Pay for it pal” pretty much.

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out what you're telling me here. Are you and your girlfriend mirror images?
Nope. We are a team. It is not one-sided as what you seem to prefer where a man pays for your rent/mortgage, your dating expenses (meals, wine, drinks, etc.), your bills, etc. In my relationship there are no gender entitlements. The concept might seem confusing to you since you are only used to having men do it all for you while you offer company and sex.

Quote:
Is it kinda like having sex with yourself? Or are there any differences at all? Or you two are identical? And what are those differences? Please say it ain't so. Are you two like two neutered, non-gendered mirror images, like the mirror image scene in the Marx Brothers movie, Duck Soup? It sounds exactly like that.
You are quite something.

Still, you haven’t answered my question, I did answer yours. What do you bring to the table? Company and sex? If so, you know what that makes of you.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:53 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,751,518 times
Quote:
Now try to concentrate
She was cleaning
If she did dump him and move out--which I did not see her say--now let's look at her situation.

She's now the one paying for her own rent and utilities.
She's now the one paying for her own vacations.
She's still cooking and cleaning, for one instead of two.
She STILL doesn't have anyone to give her money when she forgets her purse at the store.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:54 PM

I don't know. Is that the way you view relationships? Counting pennies, and seeing how much you can get out of the other person, and if it's 50-50, or else it's "unfair?"

How much do you put into a relationship? Never mind. You probably put nothing into one, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
Obviously he should have just hired a live-in chef and got a prostitute every week or so because it would have not only been cheaper, but much less hassle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships