Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 06:05 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,871,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
415, where have you BEEN the last few months?!!! I think I'm in love! (Where's the "heart" emoticon when you need it?)
Variously, at the gym, working, and taking care of some commissions I've gotten. Slow going...

But yes, it really does make me want to crack up... like none of these dudes have ever done a double take at a 27, 30, 35 year old. Over the hill and tired goods that wouldnt touch 'em with a ten foot pole because they have options open to them...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 06:15 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,431,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacita82 View Post
In light of all the critical media attention Jessica Simpson has been getting post pregnancy for not getting right back into shape fast enough, what do you guys think of post pregnancy bods. And yes I understand that some women look like their normal selves after baby. I'm talking about the majority of women who have stretch marks, bulging belly, etc. Can you still find your lady attractive even with all that?
stretch marks, cellulite I can live with.....badly overweight and excessive body fat however I cannot.
Some women post pregnancy maintain decent shape, in most cases there is no excuse for not doing so.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:30 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
I used to have ungodly cramps too. At one point, I had to get a prescription for the pain because nothing available over-the-counter worked. In some women, cramps can almost approach the level of labor pains, and that's a scientific fact. It can be from a condition like endometriosis, or simply the level of prostaglandins naturally circulating. The more prostaglandins, the stronger the uterus contracts.

I can't imagine getting migraines on top of all that! But I have read that periods can trigger migraines in women who get them.
I can attest to that!!! I was induced with my first child and at one point my doctor said "aren't you feeling these contractions??". I told her of course I feel them, but they were no worse than the cramps I would get with my cycle.

With my 3rd baby I had NO idea I was in labor...I honestly thought I just had some mild cramping, until my water broke and I told my husband "ummm, I don't think you are going to work today!!" and we rushed into the hospital for a c-section.

I will say this...after having kids my cramps are non-existent for the most part. Occasionally I'll get one that will have me gripping the counter and my toes curling up, but not often.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:14 AM

62 posts, read 133,380 times
You could always do that surrogate thing, although I think it's pretty expensive.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:01 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,811,463 times
The only women that I know who bounced back after pregnancy are the ones with really good genes or the ones who worked out before and during pregnancy.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:33 AM

460 posts, read 672,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetchas View Post
The only women that I know who bounced back after pregnancy are the ones with really good genes or the ones who worked out before and during pregnancy.
LoL, well I think that definitely covers it. You are either genetically lucky (me though both of my parents are/were obese) or you work out What are the other options again? lol

Old 06-17-2012, 03:56 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,413,802 times
My own mom bounced back. She was always attractive. The only thing that changed her looks was a stomach hernia, induced by some idiot nurse who mashed her thumb into her stomach extremely hard prior to delivery. For what reason, no one knows. To this day, we think that nurse was sadistic. Mom never had a flat tummy after that, but she was pretty nevertheless.

She had easy deliveries. However, I was her firstborn, and she had severe preeclampsia with me. She went into convulsions immediately after I was born. My uncle was only 17 at the time and he later said as they were driving to the hospital, he just knew she was going to die. She came close.

Anyone remember that episode on ER in the late nineties where the patient had preeclampsia? She also went into convulsions after delivering. They couldn't save her. The scene with her husband left behind with a newborn was heartbreaking.

Old 06-17-2012, 04:05 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,413,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Stretch marks, cellulite I can live with.....badly overweight and excessive body fat however I cannot. Some women post pregnancy maintain decent shape, in most cases there is no excuse for not doing so.
Breastfeeding helps tremendously with weight ... not as much while you are breastfeeding, but after you've done it a few months and then stop.

There is speculation that not breastfeeding makes it harder to lose weight, because the body stores up fat in preparation for breastfeeding. So if the mother doesn't breastfeed, she's got to take it off the hard way.

Sadly, a lot of women never get the chance because they have to rush back to work.

I am 53 and I can definitely say that prior to the nineties, you didn't see anywhere near the amount of obese people as you see now. Our lifestyle, and especially what's in our food have changed. I hardly remember any moms being overweight when I was growing up. An overweight mom back then was noticeable because it was more unusual.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:46 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,871,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Breastfeeding helps tremendously with weight ... not as much while you are breastfeeding, but after you've done it a few months and then stop.

There is speculation that not breastfeeding makes it harder to lose weight, because the body stores up fat in preparation for breastfeeding. So if the mother doesn't breastfeed, she's got to take it off the hard way.

Sadly, a lot of women never get the chance because they have to rush back to work.

I am 53 and I can definitely say that prior to the nineties, you didn't see anywhere near the amount of obese people as you see now. Our lifestyle, and especially what's in our food have changed. I hardly remember any moms being overweight when I was growing up. An overweight mom back then was noticeable because it was more unusual.
Well, we live in a society nowadays where generally, both parents have to work in order to keep up with the "American Dream" of a house, two cars, etc etc, not to mention the increasingly massive cost of raising a child. It's awful that this is the case... but, anyways, with both parents working and stressed, a lot of people throw their hands up and declare that they don't have time to cook healthy meals, and instead rely on processed or pre-made foods to feed everyone.

The truth of the matter is that it's really NOT hard to keep everyone eating healthy, but that's another discussion...

One of the side effects from this world we live in, where inflation and COL increases have outpaced pay increases and people have less and less free time to enjoy their lives and live more stressful, less fulfilling lives, is that we're getting fatter, more tired, more depressed. We're pumping ourselves full of medications to try to make us feel like smiling and have the energy of a marathon runner when we actually want to burst into tears because we sit inside all day and lead sedentary lives.

And, it's seen in situations like breastfeeding: women don't breastfeed because either they work, or because it takes too much time, or because they're worried about how it'll make their breasts look, or in the case of some of the women (and men) I know who are my age or younger (I'm 28), it freaks them out, which is just dumb. People were meant to be breastfed as babies, and women were meant to breastfeed their babies. IMHO, it all plays into a bigger picture of weak immunity systems, learning disorders, obesity, etc etc that pervade so many people these days.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:10 PM

90 posts, read 213,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
stretch marks, cellulite I can live with.....badly overweight and excessive body fat however I cannot.
Some women post pregnancy maintain decent shape, in most cases there is no excuse for not doing so.
That's fair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships