Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 10:44 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,784,969 times

Advertisements

I read in article on Jezebel about this that drew a parallel I liked. Women should get a pass to get fat during pregnancy the way young people get a pass to be alcoholics during college. Yeah, it's not exactly good or healthy and it's not a lifestyle you ought to continue after a set period of time, but for that short period of time you ought to be able to live it up without the world shatting all over you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 01:18 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,857,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacita82 View Post
In light of all the critical media attention Jessica Simpson has been getting post pregnancy for not getting right back into shape fast enough, what do you guys think of post pregnancy bods. And yes I understand that some women look like their normal selves after baby. I'm talking about the majority of women who have stretch marks, bulging belly, etc. Can you still find your lady attractive even with all that?
Well, my boobs sag, and my tummy is a stretched, and stretchmarked, mess. My hubby still can't keep his hands off me...and that is NOT a complaint!

Truth is, in my circles, men are far less bothered by our blemishes than we are ourselves.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:59 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,411,614 times
Wink well...

Quote:
In light of all the critical media attention Jessica Simpson has been getting post pregnancy for not getting right back into shape fast enough, what do you guys think of post pregnancy bods. And yes I understand that some women look like their normal selves after baby. I'm talking about the majority of women who have stretch marks, bulging belly, etc. Can you still find your lady attractive even with all that?
I think what turns a guy off quicker than anything about post-pregnancy is the sight of a woman pushing a stroller...they seem to turn and run the opposite direction...just my observations.
Koale

Old 06-28-2012, 01:14 AM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,691 times
Quote:
She's still the same or even better in my eyes. She gave me my children. That's a gift that keeps on giving. Time to get to work on more.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:29 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,393,679 times
People have an unrealistic expectation that 6 weeks post baby and mom should be back in shape. That is not correct. 6 weeks post baby, moms get their follow up exam with their OB and get the clearance to begin exercising. At least, that was me 6 weeks after a c-section. I had a baby in the NICU for 6 months and ate what I could eat to get calories enough to produce milk. It has taken me a year to shed the weight, but I did it plus an extra 5 lbs.

The obesity in this country is rampant and nauseating. Post baby or not, most women in this country have BMI's higher than they should to be healthy.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:33 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,145,407 times
I had a little bit of post-pregnancy weight that was hard for me to shed, and luckily I didn't have stretch marks that looked ugly. But I still had this fear that others would look at me and see a less-than-stellar body, even though it was understood that I had just given birth. It took me around a year to get the weight off, but surprisingly, everyone kept on telling me that I looked great and that I shouldn't rush into getting back into shape. That pretty much dispelled the belief, at least to me, that we're expected to get back into shape a couple of weeks after giving birth.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I had a little bit of post-pregnancy weight that was hard for me to shed, and luckily I didn't have stretch marks that looked ugly. But I still had this fear that others would look at me and see a less-than-stellar body, even though it was understood that I had just given birth. It took me around a year to get the weight off, but surprisingly, everyone kept on telling me that I looked great and that I shouldn't rush into getting back into shape. That pretty much dispelled the belief, at least to me, that we're expected to get back into shape a couple of weeks after giving birth.
The men in ladies lives shouldn't rush their spouce. It helps let other men know..."she's mine and with me"! Look at the wonderful thing she has just done for us. A child is, or should be, one of a man's most proud accomplishments. The keeper man won't give a hoot as long as both the baby and you are healthy. C-section scars won't even keep our hands off you. You got them the same way as THIS!!

Old 06-28-2012, 03:59 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
She's still the same or even better in my eyes. She gave me my children. That's a gift that keeps on giving. Time to get to work on more.
Jessica Simpson is the mother of your children?

Old 06-28-2012, 04:11 PM

403 posts, read 867,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Any woman I decide to have a child with will always be beautiful to me, regardless of a few cosmetic flaws.
That being said, I would do my best to encourage her to not "let herself go".
Every guy I know, friends, my brothers (who are vulgar about woman) & nieces boyfriends/hubbys all have mentioned that they either don't care about stretch marks & some looseness in the tummy. A few have said its a turn on as it shows a depth of love that they chose to have a baby w them. I don't see why it would be an issue, most people have flaws. So what.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Jessica Simpson is the mother of your children?
No, but if she was, I would never say no because of a little tummy or some extra pounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships