Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 09:20 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,846,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Personal question, but did you get your cycle back?

I got my cycle back right away with all my kids...as in 4-6 weeks after delivery. I was nursing so I was really surprised about that. However, I also lost all the weight in that time period too. I attributed it to nursing.

My sister-in-law nursed as well. She only lost about 10lbs of her pregnancy weight right away, then held onto the rest of it until the baby stopped nursing at 18 months old. She also NEVER had a cycle until well after that...I think the baby was 2 when she resumed a regular cycle.

Makes me wonder if the weight loss (or lack of) is attributed to the hormones after the baby is born?
I got my period 2 months after I had my baby. I honestly don't know what is going on--it's been very hard though. My doc said 1 and 5 women don't lose the weight until they wean. I think I'm the unlucky "one".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 09:22 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,076,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
I got my period 2 months after I had my baby. I honestly don't know what is going on--it's been very hard though. My doc said 1 and 5 women don't lose the weight until they wean. I think I'm the unlucky "one".
Yup, could be. I had a friend that didn't lose it all until she weaned either but then once she did it melted right off. At least you have something to look forward to, weaning sucked!

Old 06-15-2012, 09:27 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's surprising how clueless men are about their role in a partnership, about how they should relate to women. In simpler societies, it comes naturally to men to help their women during pregnancy and after childbirth. There's a disconnect in our society. Women are expected to go right back to work after giving birth, too, or else it's considered they're cheating the company. Women are seen as a liability to employers. It's a draconian world for women.

answers in this thread, yet another reason (as if one was needed) not to bear any children for them. just adopt as a single or have surrogate, any other option sounds better for real women that want kids and not have to put up with their crap....

Old 06-15-2012, 09:29 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
It's surprising how clueless men are about their role in a partnership, about how they should relate to women. In simpler societies, it comes naturally to men to help their women during pregnancy and after childbirth. There's a disconnect in our society. Women are expected to go right back to work after giving birth, too, or else it's considered they're cheating the company. Women are seen as a liability to employers. It's a draconian world for women.
I'm sure not all men are like this. Some do care and have morals.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:06 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
Quote:
Roles?! What roles??

Only roles we have in society is to get women prego and drink with all our buds for days on end! Days!! With no curfews and all the wings we can eat when we get home! Why would we come home? To plant our seed again and sleep off the drunken stuper we were in the past nights!

Unless you're making those super tasty crecent rolls..With meatloaf and mashed taters and corn..And maybe some mac and cheese. OO and cake for dessert!

What were we talking about again?

*funny haha *

Old 06-15-2012, 11:16 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Roles?! What roles??

Only roles we have in society is to get women prego and drink with all our buds for days on end! Days!! With no curfews and all the wings we can eat when we get home! Why would we come home? To plant our seed again and sleep off the drunken stuper we were in the past nights!

Unless you're making those super tasty crecent rolls..With meatloaf and mashed taters and corn..And maybe some mac and cheese. OO and cake for dessert!

What were we talking about again?

*funny haha *
Hahaha damn it all Prince!

Old 06-15-2012, 11:22 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,786,192 times
This is sacred ground so I will tread lightly...

Having a baby does not only change your body but it completely alters your life. It always took me nine months to loose the weight, but it was a very emotional time for me. I think people need to back off and let the new mom have a little break. Loosing weight and getting back in shape is one of the hardest things to do, hence we have so many overweight people. Each person needs to choose what is best for them and hopefully the new mom will see that she can get her body back but it's not an easy journey by any stretch of the imagination. It takes hard work and dedication, hopefully she will have a supportive partner by her side.

Old 06-16-2012, 03:26 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
A guy I used to work with complained constantly about how fat his wife was getting WHILE she was still pregnant. He uwould go on and on about how unattractive she was and that if she didnt lose the weight pronto after having the baby that he would leave her. His reasoning was that he paid the bills so he expected a hot wife. I left that company before she had the baby but I'm curious to see how it went.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:14 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,412,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
A guy I used to work with complained constantly about how fat his wife was getting WHILE she was still pregnant. He would go on and on about how unattractive she was and that if she didn't lose the weight pronto after having the baby that he would leave her. His reasoning was that he paid the bills so he expected a hot wife. I left that company before she had the baby but I'm curious to see how it went.
Oh, you already know the answer. Not well.

Some men are clueless as to how women's bodies work. I think of that type of man as a little boy; not a man.

I once stumbled upon a site dedicated to hating women. For real. One complaint the men had was about women "whining" about the pain of childbirth. I kid you not.

The Einsteins that populated the site said women's bodies were made for childbirth and capable of stretching, so it couldn't be that bad. One said that a woman had told him she didn't find childbirth to be all that bad, therefore he concluded that other women were being dramatic and whiny.

It was sad to see a group of men so dumb. To think that one woman's experience was representative of all, you've got to be pretty stupid. And then to ignore history itself, which tells us that prior to modern medicine, tons of women used to die in childbirth. In fact, in the ancient world, childbirth was the most dangerous thing a woman could do. There was an old saying that a pregnant woman had one foot in life and one foot in the grave.

That these men were unaware of the intensity of labor pains, unaware that the ability to stretch doesn't stop many women from tearing, and unaware of the endless complications that can occur in birth, makes me despair of humanity's intelligence. I kind of wanted to ask them to Google "uterine prolapse", but I knew they were a lost cause.

My own sister "went through hell giving birth" - those were her husband's first words to me when he called me from the hospital. Her husband was so traumatized, he nearly fainted and the doctors sent him away. At least he never pressured her afterward.

Maybe women should just stop having babies. Then we'd all die off and the problem some men have with any body changes would be solved.

Old 06-16-2012, 04:51 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Oh, you already know the answer. Not well.

Some men are clueless as to how women's bodies work. I think of that type of man as a little boy; not a man.

I once stumbled upon a site dedicated to hating women. For real. One complaint the men had was about women "whining" about the pain of childbirth. I kid you not.

The Einsteins that populated the site said women's bodies were made for childbirth and capable of stretching, so it couldn't be that bad. One said that a woman had told him she didn't find childbirth to be all that bad, therefore he concluded that other women were being dramatic and whiny.

It was sad to see a group of men so dumb. To think that one woman's experience was representative of all, you've got to be pretty stupid. And then to ignore history itself, which tells us that prior to modern medicine, tons of women used to die in childbirth. In fact, in the ancient world, childbirth was the most dangerous thing a woman could do. There was an old saying that a pregnant woman had one foot in life and one foot in the grave.

That these men were unaware of the intensity of labor pains, unaware that the ability to stretch doesn't stop many women from tearing, and unaware of the endless complications that can occur in birth, makes me despair of humanity's intelligence. I kind of wanted to ask them to Google "uterine prolapse", but I knew they were a lost cause.

My own sister "went through hell giving birth" - those were her husband's first words to me when he called me from the hospital. Her husband was so traumatized, he nearly fainted and the doctors sent him away. At least he never pressured her afterward.

Maybe women should just stop having babies. Then we'd all die off and the problem some men have with any body changes would be solved.
Ugh, that reminds me so much of my ex. I used to get horrible period cramps combined with migraines and while I was curled up on the floor crying he would complain about how overdramatic and whiny I was being. Then, he'd inevitably call me lazy for laying around all day (never mind I couldn't stand up straight without feeling like I'd been punched in the stomach), so I can't imagine what he would have said about childbirth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships