Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 10:31 AM

819 posts, read 1,129,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacita82 View Post
How is she deserving of criticism?? She just had a baby like a month or 2 ago. And since when does an entertainer have to be pencil thin? When I say stretch marks or the bulge, some of these things can't be fixed with exercise if you already didn't know.
I like this site because of the general lack of reading comprehension.

If you make money "looking good", you deserve the criticism you receive when you do not look good. It's not necessarily fair, but then again entertainers get paid a lot of money to maintain a certain image and the criticism is just part of the job. Jessica Simpson isn't required to lose weight after she has a kid, but if she is going to get on stage and sing she can't complain if people say she's fat. You're not allowed to avoid the consequences from actions just because they suck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 10:39 AM

563 posts, read 1,498,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacita82 View Post
In light of all the critical media attention Jessica Simpson has been getting post pregnancy for not getting right back into shape fast enough, what do you guys think of post pregnancy bods. And yes I understand that some women look like their normal selves after baby. I'm talking about the majority of women who have stretch marks, bulging belly, etc. Can you still find your lady attractive even with all that?
As someone else said, hasn't it only been a month or two since she's had her kid? How quickly is one expected to get back in shape??? I would expect a year at the LEAST to work on getting to pre-pregnancy (or as close to pre-pregnancy as some can get). I will say that seeing pictures of Jessica when she was late in her pregnancy, she certainly 'let herself go' as far as gaining the weight! But if you didn't know, she has a deal with weight watchers where she has a year to lose the weight and get in shape and she will be doing commercials and promoting them, so maybe that's a reason she just let go during pregnancy. She has a plan to make some $$$.

I'll give you my own personal pregnancy stories for weight gain. I was 125 when I got pregnant, which I think my husband would say was a bit underweight for me. (5'6"). I wasn't exactly stuffing my face like crazy, but I wasn't trying to watch what I ate either. I gained 50 lbs and was 175 when I gave birth. When I walked out of the hospital I weighed approx. 150-155. As I saw a couple people discuss, I breastfed and my cycle came back after about 6 months. (sweet!) I never tried much to do anything to lose weight. After my childs 2nd birthday, I became pregnant again. Just before I got pregnant I was getting out for walks more frequently and for the first time in my LIFE, I ran a mile without stopping. By the time I got pregnant again, we had gone on vacation and I hadn't been out for a walk in a while. Sadly, I have not been in great shape while pregnant. I was still 150-155 when I got pregnant with #2!!! Well, I have ~3 weeks left and most recently that I weighed myself, I was at about 178. I won't be too surprised if I'm up to as much as 185 by the very end of this. I am certainly looking to take better care of myself post-pregnancy and start my walks again and eventually be able to run a mile or even more when all is said and done. I will not be happy if I let myself go!!!
And I am VERY lucky to not have any stretch marks from either pregnancy (minus a couple hardly noticeable on my boobs). The products to remove stretch marks don't necessarily work, and a lot of times there is just nothing a girl can do about them.

Getting in shape after pregnancy is definitely the responsibility and choice of the woman, and for some it's a little more difficult, but it's definitely possible for all. And being in shape and healthy is different than being skinny and 'looking good'. Guys need to give their girls a break when they've had 9 months of 'torture' producing another human being. It's pretty rough on the body. Be encouraging and not criticizing!!! Like I said, a year a LEAST to get back into shape. And even then, the body won't be 100% the same. Hips move, boobs change, etc.

And I will end my post with this:

Old 06-16-2012, 11:05 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,151,593 times
My wifes had 3 children and with each it's taken her a little longer to get the figure she wanted back (her words, not mine, she's sat here beside me). Did it change how i thought about her attractiveness or sexiness? No, i don't recall that it did.. Maybe i'm lucky in that my wife really only put on 'baby weight' with the first two (boys) and only a little extra with the last (a girl) but i can't remember it changing how i thought of her.... brb.

Well... Mrs Badrick says it took her about 2-3 months with the first 2 and maybe 5-6 months with the last but she can't remember me being "put off".

She'd just given birth.. How stupid or shallow would you have to be to believe that a new Mothers priority is to get herself in shape. She has other priorities.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:07 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,184,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspentree View Post
Getting your body back is not strictly about weight gain. Some women won't get their stomach to look the same after childbirth despite being the same weight. Short of plastic surgery what should they do?
Yea, that happened to my bf. She's always had a great bod and is an exercise buff, but she got this extra fleshy thing around her tummy area. It looks like excess skin, rather than fat.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:27 AM

460 posts, read 671,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Oh, you already know the answer. Not well.

Some men are clueless as to how women's bodies work. I think of that type of man as a little boy; not a man.

I once stumbled upon a site dedicated to hating women. For real. One complaint the men had was about women "whining" about the pain of childbirth. I kid you not.

The Einsteins that populated the site said women's bodies were made for childbirth and capable of stretching, so it couldn't be that bad. One said that a woman had told him she didn't find childbirth to be all that bad, therefore he concluded that other women were being dramatic and whiny.

It was sad to see a group of men so dumb. To think that one woman's experience was representative of all, you've got to be pretty stupid. And then to ignore history itself, which tells us that prior to modern medicine, tons of women used to die in childbirth. In fact, in the ancient world, childbirth was the most dangerous thing a woman could do. There was an old saying that a pregnant woman had one foot in life and one foot in the grave.

That these men were unaware of the intensity of labor pains, unaware that the ability to stretch doesn't stop many women from tearing, and unaware of the endless complications that can occur in birth, makes me despair of humanity's intelligence. I kind of wanted to ask them to Google "uterine prolapse", but I knew they were a lost cause.

My own sister "went through hell giving birth" - those were her husband's first words to me when he called me from the hospital. Her husband was so traumatized, he nearly fainted and the doctors sent him away. At least he never pressured her afterward.

Maybe women should just stop having babies. Then we'd all die off and the problem some men have with any body changes would be solved.
Pushing my babies out wasn't the problem. The stretching wasn't the pain that was making me feel like I was being tortured to death. The contractions were INTENSE. I tell my husband to think of the worst diarrhea in his life with the cramping and all then multiply it by 100 because it's all over your stomach and BACK (OMG the back pain). My first was an epidural induction and was completely pain free after the epidural but the pushing was slow going. My second was all natural (since the idiot doctor refused to believe I was in labor because my contractions were 10-12 minutes apart but excruciating when I called...so I waited too long and was ready to push by the time I got my blood work back) and came extremely fast. Two pushes and out. There's a huge range of experiences in child birth between women and even between deliveries. Some people really shouldn't open their mouths.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:50 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
I think women deserve the Nobel Prize for giving birth. There's no way I'd go through all that. And then there are the months of midnight feedings and middle-of-the-night diaper changes, so they're constantly sleep-deprived for the first year or so. And guys are hassling them to get their body back together? Get real, guys, just get real.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:13 PM

I have to say that "out here in the real world", the one that doesn't give a toss about what people that write about celebrities think it's not an issue i've come across. None of my male friends have made any remarks to me about it.

First time i was aware that some could consider it to be a problem was reading about it on here...

Old 06-16-2012, 04:41 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
First time i was aware that some could consider it to be a problem was reading about it on here...
C-D Relationships forum is a world unto itself.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:12 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,853,040 times
1) plenty of women are hot post-pregnancy. Some women are hotter after having had a kid than they were before.

2) any woman whom had my child would always be attractive to me.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
C-D Relationships forum is a world unto itself.
... I'm just a voyager from a distant planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships