Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 06:52 PM

403 posts, read 867,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromEverywhere View Post
So there's this friend that I went on a few dates with almost a year ago but because we didn't want the same things(I didn't want to put out that soon, but he did), I decided that it is much better if we stayed friends instead and he said he agreed. We have the same circle of friends and we're all really close so we see each other fairly often. However, he still tries to get my attention (i.e. hug a little longer than necessary, opportunities to touch me, etc.) Also my friend said that he's still into me. I gained 20 lbs since the last time we went on a date. Why is he still into me? He's really good looking and works out a lot so I don't understand why he would be attracted to me when I'm 20 lbs heavier? I already know I am an insecure person, but still, it's hard for me to justify someone that good looking pursing someone like me at this weight.
Why do you think that guys have only the criteria that a female must be of typical "arm candy" quality to be dateable? Not every guy is that shallow. Over time physical attraction mellows & what you have left is the true substance of a relationship, this is the part that makes a relationship. Since you are friends I'm sure he has learned of the qualities you have that would be the substance of a dating relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 06:52 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Aahahaha 100 reps for you!!!
you lie raena. you cannot do that!

Old 06-28-2012, 06:53 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromEverywhere View Post
What does that expression mean? (sorry I didn't get it)
Do it or or don't do it. Stop stewing over it.

Old 06-28-2012, 06:56 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,685,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Aahahaha 100 reps for you!!!
Doll is on a roll tonight. I'm having a hard time eating while I'm reading her comments

Old 06-28-2012, 06:56 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
I have always been confused about this "no sex on the first date" thing.

If you don't try the goods, how do you know you want a second date?

Please don't give me the tripe "it's what's inside a person that counts" - you can be married to the nicest guy in the world, but if he can't cut the mustard, the relationships doomed.

BTW...OP...I'll share a little saying my old dad gave me about dating (he was trying to warn me)

"some people would **** the hair on the barbershop floor".

Which means, he's flirting with you because he flirts with EVERYONE. He's giving you the eye because he gives EVERYONE the eye. He wants to sleep with you because he's young and every hole's a goal.

Old 06-28-2012, 06:58 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
Doll is on a roll tonight. I'm having a hard time eating while I'm reading her comments
Hahaha she is funny.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:01 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post

Please don't give me the tripe "it's what's inside a person that counts" - you can be married to the nicest guy in the world, but if he can't cut the mustard, the relationships doomed.

BTW...OP...I'll share a little saying my old dad gave me about dating (he was trying to warn me)

Which means, he's flirting with you because he flirts with EVERYONE. He's giving you the eye because he gives EVERYONE the eye. He wants to sleep with you because he's young and every hole's a goal.

So, if I'm reading this correctly, and I've been out in 100 degree temps all day so I my mind may be off, but are you saying you have slept with men on the first date?

Old 06-28-2012, 07:04 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
these people always say I don't know what I'm talking about, but they post some funny situations (no offense to the OP). I just don't get some of these scenarios. LOL.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:05 PM

152 posts, read 493,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
It means make a decision. You seem very indecisive about this man. I don't really understand (not being rude, being serious) what is so difficult to decide either way?
Haha that's a funny saying! I need to remember that.
I know I'm not gonna date him, that wasn't my question. My confusion was why is he still trying to pursue me even though I've gained weight. From the answers I've gathered that he's probably just still trying his luck. But I still don't understand why me? Like I've said before if he wants to get laid (which he does) there are no shortages of girls that will jump on that opportunity

Quote:

Because I'm the kind of girl that lets her emotions get in the way and so I don't want to have sex with a guy and then have my feelings hurt. I never said I didn't let him try some of the goods...we just never went all the way (only to third base)

Old 06-28-2012, 07:06 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:

That's an excellent point... Most 'good looking' guys I meet flirt with just about any girl hoping one will eventually go for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships