Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 07:07 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,892,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I have always been confused about this "no sex on the first date" thing.

If you don't try the goods, how do you know you want a second date?

Please don't give me the tripe "it's what's inside a person that counts" - you can be married to the nicest guy in the world, but if he can't cut the mustard, the relationships doomed.

BTW...OP...I'll share a little saying my old dad gave me about dating (he was trying to warn me)

"some people would **** the hair on the barbershop floor".

Which means, he's flirting with you because he flirts with EVERYONE. He's giving you the eye because he gives EVERYONE the eye. He wants to sleep with you because he's young and every hole's a goal.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 07:08 PM

31,083 posts, read 22,113,652 times
Quote:
Let me know what they are so I can avoid them.

Younger guys are always chasing me...they're so NEEDY!!!!!
Dam dingos chasing you now

Old 06-28-2012, 07:09 PM

152 posts, read 493,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
That's an excellent point... Most 'good looking' guys I meet flirt with just about any girl hoping one will eventually go for it.
Yeah but we've know each other for 3 years now. He knows my boundaries and whether I will put out or not. But yes does flirt with every good looking lady he sees, especially when he's drunk.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:10 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,950,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromEverywhere View Post
I used to weigh 135-140 depending on the week, but I was athletic and worked out and had muscle, though still wasn't at an ideal weight. I haven't been at my ideal weight since High School sadly. I like that last saying I'm insecure a lot about my body, but I do know I have a nice face and a nice personality.

That's why I think we're better as friends. I'm just trying to understand him, that's all. Men are confusing.
Sadly, sometimes I think I will never find that guy. All the ones I've dated have always tried to get into my pants as soon as possible and so it makes me think that I will never find the one that will wait until I'm ready. When I was in college people would say that I just have to get through that stage since men are only after one thing and that as I get older I'll find guys who actually want a relationship and are willing to wait until I'm ready. I've been out of college for 3 years now and it seems the men haven't changed (I'm 23)

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 05:15 PM..

Old 06-28-2012, 07:11 PM

31,083 posts, read 22,113,652 times
Quote:
Yeah but we've know each other for 3 years now. He knows my boundaries and whether I will put out or not. But yes does flirt with every good looking lady he sees, especially when he's drunk.
Does he ever go home with any of them or at least ask them out on a date? Handsome, gooding looking guy flirting all over that doesn't leave with anyone sounds confusing.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:11 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,892,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Dam dingos chasing you now

Maybe the Dingo Ate Your Baby - YouTube

Old 06-28-2012, 07:12 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,643,400 times
Quote:
That just makes you more of a challenge.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:15 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,112,402 times
Quote:
So there's this friend that I went on a few dates with almost a year ago but because we didn't want the same things(I didn't want to put out that soon, but he did), I decided that it is much better if we stayed friends instead and he said he agreed. We have the same circle of friends and we're all really close so we see each other fairly often. However, he still tries to get my attention (i.e. hug a little longer than necessary, opportunities to touch me, etc.) Also my friend said that he's still into me. I gained 20 lbs since the last time we went on a date. Why is he still into me? He's really good looking and works out a lot so I don't understand why he would be attracted to me when I'm 20 lbs heavier? I already know I am an insecure person, but still, it's hard for me to justify someone that good looking pursing someone like me at this weight.
Depends on what weight you started from, how tall you are, and how you carry the weight. If you are a fairly big/tall gal, and you carry the weight like Anna Nicole did - news for you, a lot of guys actually like a gal built like that. Maybe even most guys.

Most ladies think their most attractive weight is a lot lighter than what most men actually think.

That said, maybe Ruth is right - maybe he's a genuine good guy, and you are being so jaded you won't consider that possibility?

Old 06-28-2012, 07:17 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,309,597 times
Quote:
Which means, he's flirting with you because he flirts with EVERYONE. He's giving you the eye because he gives EVERYONE the eye. He wants to sleep with you because he's young and every hole's a goal.

That's the point of sales, no?

Old 06-28-2012, 07:22 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,829,068 times
Quote:
He likes woman. Some men sleep with woman but really don't like them..I flirted all my life- It is a pleasure and does not mean that the aim of the interaction is sex- It's normal socialization and more people should enjoy the company of the opposite sex- If couples relaxed and felt secure their would be less cheathing..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships