Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 11:20 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,986,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
I'd say a reasonable number if you factor out those who are either gravitationally challenged or are stricken with BPD.
Every woman you don't get along with doesn't have BPD, i'm sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 11:31 AM

977 posts, read 1,815,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't know what generates this recently recurring theme here that American women are fat. People who hold this view should identify their home state. This is far from the norm. Look on any college campus.
Americans are fat overall, not just women. College campuses, especially the higher ranking ones, are disproportionately upper middle class or higher and there's a negative correlation between class and weight.

College towns and yuppie type areas will have higher % of good looking women (and men) than other areas.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:48 AM

1,302 posts, read 2,949,264 times
When I was working in downtown LA, I definitely felt like a kid in a candy shop. Attractive women at every glance. The only downside is that you get too used to them being around, so when I got transferred back to the suburbs, my days feel empty without all the eye candy, even though there are still an appreciable amount of attractive females out and about.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:54 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
I'm the same. I can walk into a room with 10 women between the ages of 18-45 and the chances that I'll find all ten attractive to varying degrees is pretty good. And for the rest, I could find attractive if they were very cool.

It's amazing to find someone who thinks the same. Wanna go out on a date?

As far as I know, I've always been this way.

If I had to put a number to it, I'd say 70% or so would be attractive and probably 40% cute or higher.

But that doesn't mean I'll date anybody. Personality would filter out the ones I'd go for.

Those are some high standards man. That's pretty much the equivalent of only accepting women who are models or could be models. Honestly, I can't even think of a woman I know personally who is in the top 1%. Even my most attractive female friends don't really come close.

And for her to be 'cool' on top of that, you might be talking about a woman who doesn't exist.

Well ... good luck.

Well he better be in the 'top 1%' himself, to be asking that of someone else.

I've known women in the 'top 1%' and since they have the pick of litter over the rest of us, they don't just go for any fool.

the same ones with really high, picky standards are the same men that claim women don't give them a chance because they're the 'nice guy.' LOL.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:56 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Every woman you don't get along with doesn't have BPD, i'm sure.
High possibility of BPD?

Born after/before 1970? - wall territory, doesn't count.
Born after 1980? - 20/80
Born between 1990 -1993? - you better brace yourself!

Old 07-05-2012, 04:34 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post

Those are some high standards man. That's pretty much the equivalent of only accepting women who are models or could be models. Honestly, I can't even think of a woman I know personally who is in the top 1%. Even my most attractive female friends don't really come close.

And for her to be 'cool' on top of that, you might be talking about a woman who doesn't exist.

Well ... good luck.
Well I don't want a relationship.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Well he better be in the 'top 1%' himself, to be asking that of someone else.

I've known women in the 'top 1%' and since they have the pick of litter over the rest of us, they don't just go for any fool.

the same ones with really high, picky standards are the same men that claim women don't give them a chance because they're the 'nice guy.' LOL.

Have you ever seen me talk like that, even once? I'm extremely content with my life. I'm not a hypocrite, I simply don't want a girlfriend. I have pretty high standards, and I am quite happy with where they are at.

I don't really need people telling me where my standards should be, because frankly .. none of you know me.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:55 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't know what generates this recently recurring theme here that American women are fat. People who hold this view should identify their home state. This is far from the norm. Look on any college campus.
Reminds me of a funny story from my late teens when I was working at a quick lube place. Had one of my employees go on a rant because no hot women customers had come in that day and it was bumming him out. (just as an FYI ladies, if you ever go to a Jiffy Lube type place and one of the guys tells you that your serpentine belt has cracks in it and you need to take a look at it, and you happen to be wearing a dress or skirt, DON'T DO IT.) He then decided to go on and on about fat chicks and how if a woman is over 130 lbs she shouldn't leave the house etc etc. and then asked me how much I weighed. I said '165' and it shut him up because I was quite thin at the time. Men usually have NO IDEA what women weigh and I think many of them would be surprised.

Regardless, There are a lot of overweight people out there (I'm one of them, by about 7 lbs) but it's perfectly ok for a man to be overweight or even obese because it's 'manly' for some reason. Women, however...sheesh. It's amazing how many of the women men seem to drool over are clinically underweight.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

Regardless, There are a lot of overweight people out there (I'm one of them, by about 7 lbs) but it's perfectly ok for a man to be overweight or even obese because it's 'manly' for some reason. Women, however...sheesh. It's amazing how many of the women men seem to drool over are clinically underweight.
The only people who think it's ok for a man to be fat are fat men.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:56 PM

52,279 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
The only people who think it's ok for a man to be fat are fat men.
I don't agree..

I've packed on a few pounds the last 6 months and its making me sick... literally and figuratively... I hate it... its the epitome of gross.........

So no... it ain't ok to be fat.. man, woman... doesn't matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships