Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 07:49 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,055,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJones2 View Post
You have to call them out. I call out any women who flakes out on me. And when I call out, I CALL OUT.
OOoohh! I can hear all the women out there trembling in fear over being CALLED OUT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 11:34 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,858,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynumber4 View Post
No, not to everyone.
No wonder you call yourself luckynumber, lol. But what's the four for?

Old 07-20-2012, 07:02 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,519,520 times
This is why as a man you should have options (other women). That way if a women flakes on you then you just move on to the next one without missing a beat. As the old saying goes "Dont chase em, replace em" lol

Old 07-20-2012, 07:14 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,625,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
This is why as a man you should have options (other women). That way if a women flakes on you then you just move on to the next one without missing a beat. As the old saying goes "Dont chase em, replace em" lol
Agree 100%. this 3 chances nonsense simply means this world is full of suckers and doormats. 3 chances...lmao

Old 07-20-2012, 08:12 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,761,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Might be a generational thing too b/c it doesn't happen to me that much but I'm a bit older than most on here I think.

yes maybe you are right, it is this generation but I am 32, remember and even I had this happen. the men 'pretend' they have an interest (romantic or non romantic) and then suddenly disappear without notice.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:43 PM

6 posts, read 11,592 times
You sound like a chump...women who flake out on dates are playing games with you. Its a conditioning tactic that women learn when they are girls. They want to see how committed you are to the P. As a solid guy...stay with the getting laid part. Because you sound luckier than most of the simps on this site, unless your lying.

The best revenge is not to say anything at all...I mean not even care. In fact... when you see the chicks on the street act like you don't even recognize them and keep walkin. Be a man who has no time for games and keep wick wet.

Stay Solid Man.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:50 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,858,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolla-B View Post
You sound like a chump...women who flake out on dates are playing games with you. Its a conditioning tactic that women learn when they are girls. They want to see how committed you are to the P.
LMAO about the conditioning part. It simply means that they didn't expect much from this date in the first place and something "better" came up--it has nothing to do with playing games or seeing how committed you are to anything--believe me, there'll be some other type of test for that but flaking isn't one of them.

As for why she doesn't expect much from this date, I do believe the OP was on to something--he said that the ones who are most likely to flake are the ones he wasn't as interested in in the first place and that could very well be the reason--it's all too casual. Not saying it's all the man's fault but that's the factor that you guys can control. So if you're not all that interested, either don't ask her out in the first place or show a bit more interest and maybe get to know her a little better first--build some attraction or let it go. I'm really beginning to think that the Australian model of dating sounds a lot smarter.

Anyway, thanks for the giggle--you guys just kill me when you try to read too much into women's psyches. We usually do stuff for a lot of the same reasons you guys do. Since I know this, I agree with those who say 3 chances is too many. One more chance if she calls to let you know she's not going and no more chances if she just doesn't show up. Any more than that makes you a chump.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:52 AM

770 posts, read 1,181,070 times
Quote:
No wonder you call yourself luckynumber, lol. But what's the four for?
LOL. Four is the lucky number.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:41 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,844,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I suggest finding a good dandruff shampoo.
I believe Selsun Blue is the best.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:32 PM

518 posts, read 450,685 times
Quote:
LMAO about the conditioning part. It simply means that they didn't expect much from this date in the first place and something "better" came up--it has nothing to do with playing games or seeing how committed you are to anything--believe me, there'll be some other type of test for that but flaking isn't one of them.

As for why she doesn't expect much from this date, I do believe the OP was on to something--he said that the ones who are most likely to flake are the ones he wasn't as interested in in the first place and that could very well be the reason--it's all too casual. Not saying it's all the man's fault but that's the factor that you guys can control. So if you're not all that interested, either don't ask her out in the first place or show a bit more interest and maybe get to know her a little better first--build some attraction or let it go. I'm really beginning to think that the Australian model of dating sounds a lot smarter.

Anyway, thanks for the giggle--you guys just kill me when you try to read too much into women's psyches. We usually do stuff for a lot of the same reasons you guys do. Since I know this, I agree with those who say 3 chances is too many. One more chance if she calls to let you know she's not going and no more chances if she just doesn't show up. Any more than that makes you a chump.

People can do what they want to do but I'm amazed at how acceptable from a sheer common courtesy perspective people find flaking to be. Why don't women (and in rarer cases men) have the guts to simply say they're not interested in the nicest way they know how before agreeing to a date.

I recently had two situations where I was flaked on and I almost flaked on someone else. The latter is a woman who I've become very close friends with. I was marginally attracted to her and we frankly don't have that much in common but I'm crazy about her as a person. She very badly wanted a full blown romantic relationship with me but I just couldn't feel the same way.

The second woman is one I'm "seeing". We aren't a couple but regularly go out and have even gotten a hotel room together and hooked up. She was in a 4 year relationship with a guy from where she moved from across the country. They parted on good terms and technically are still "together". She flaked on me 2 or 3 times but always called and we almost always made up the date. She ended up sleeping with me a couple of weeks ago. She wanted to have a "slumber" party (i.e. come to my place) when she got back in town this week but flaked on me again tonight. Again, she called and suggested getting together again later. The point being that you can overcome flaking under certain circumstances if you continue to play it cool. This woman is a long shot as she's had a long term relationship she keeps in contact with and she's pretty hot so in this case it's worth it to put up with a little flaking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships