Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How often do you get hit on in public?
Male - at least once a day 8 4.60%
Male - about once a week 12 6.90%
Male - about once a month 14 8.05%
Male - a few times a year 19 10.92%
Male - a few times in my life 18 10.34%
Male - never 27 15.52%
Female - at least once a day 17 9.77%
Female - about once a week 17 9.77%
Female - about once a month 10 5.75%
Female - a few times a year 10 5.75%
Female - a few times in my life 15 8.62%
Female - never 7 4.02%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 09:47 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,312,939 times

Advertisements

I'm a handsome dude, so I often get hit on a lot by both women and men.

A lot of times from females it's very indirect (as expected), but on the opposite i've had guys come up to me and try to kick it and I have to tell them that I don't swing like that.

The only time this changes is when I have my girl with me, a lot of chicks will make hateful comments or try to get bold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 09:49 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,470,688 times
I can't really answer the poll, because I don't go out every day.

When I was younger, it was ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME when I was out...even at the grocery store or whatever.

Nowadays, I often feel like it's just about to happen. But then I also live in a very friendly place. People (men and women) talk to each other all the time and smile and make eye contact all the time...so it's hard to tell.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:54 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,616,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
How would you describe guys who flocked to married women to try them despite the fact they were married? Yet these women should be understood?
Well, its highly hyupothetical, because men in general prefer unmarried women. it only works one way, remmeber men and women are vastly different. Think about this, most men wouldnt mind a virgin but the opposite is almost never true in the vice versa scenario. When you ask about sexual partners, most men round up their number, while most owmen round it down. Man who has many sexual partners is considered a player yet a woman with many sexual partners is considered a ****. Its attractive for a woman to be less sexualy experienced while its attractive for men to be more experienced.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:56 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,680,203 times
Less often, now that I'm a. not the single girl running around doing all my errands alone. Most of the time, I have my SO in tow, which discourages such behavior most of the time, and b. Now that I'm in my midthirties. It happened a lot when I was in my twenties and single and running around on my own all the time. Now it's infrequently enough that I notice it more when it happens.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:57 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,470,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Less often, now that I'm a. not the single girl running around doing all my errands alone. Most of the time, I have my SO in tow, which discourages such behavior most of the time, and b. Now that I'm in my midthirties. It happened a lot when I was in my twenties and single and running around on my own all the time. Now it's infrequently enough that I notice it more when it happens.
I think the 20s vs 30s thing (which I also noticed) also has to do with how naive and vulnerable you look as a little girl running about town doing things vs a put-together, well-to-do, confidence thing.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:58 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,026,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
No, she was 35, very intelligent and mature, which were both major turn ons. However, she was divorced and got screwed over really bad, since her hubby was cheating on her with her best friend. I dealt with it fine, but found it amusing that she needed to continue going back to this. I know many women question guyus in my position, which i dont really care for much.
You're a better person than I am, I guess. Having someone question me continually like that wouldn't sit very well.

Trimac- it's nothing new that both men and women get hit on if they appear taken. For different reasons of course.

1,523 posts, read 1,956,821 times
Is being told, "Oh baby, wow!" a hit-on? Or a sleazoid-on?

24,544 posts, read 56,150,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Well, its highly hyupothetical, because men in general prefer unmarried women. it only works one way, remmeber men and women are vastly different. Think about this, most men wouldnt mind a virgin but the opposite is almost never true in the vice versa scenario. When you ask about sexual partners, most men round up their number, while most owmen round it down. Man who has many sexual partners is considered a player yet a woman with many sexual partners is considered a ****. Its attractive for a woman to be less sexualy experienced while its attractive for men to be more experienced.
Well, I'm talking about women actively flirting with married men. You don't think that's admirable, do you? I suppose if it really is just 'harmless.'

So you're saying no women wants a virgin? I hear women often say they wouldn't mind a virgin, you're saying they're all lying, are you?

Old 07-19-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
You're a better person than I am, I guess. Having someone question me continually like that wouldn't sit very well.

Trimac- it's nothing new that both men and women get hit on if they appear taken. For different reasons of course.
Yeah, i didnt care much for it, but we only dated for a couple of weeks and i guess little things like that ensured that it went nowhere. It was a thing of curiousity for me, and i got a good chuckle out of it for the most part.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Well, I'm talking about women actively flirting with married men. You don't think that's admirable, do you? I suppose if it really is just 'harmless.'

So you're saying no women wants a virgin? I hear women often say they wouldn't mind a virgin, you're saying they're all lying, are you?
I dont know how to make this as PC as I can, but if you havent noticed, what most women say and what they actualy do are very often two very different things. Women DO NOT want a virgin - trust me. THey want an experienced guy who can rock their world. Pay attention to their actions not their words, and you'll be better off for it.

As for women actively flirting with married men, its just the way it is. Ive learned to appreciate and love women for the way they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships