Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2012, 04:36 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,259,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
While the majority of the posters here aren't bitter or jaded, the ones who are stick out like a sore thumb. But if you don't like what someone has to say, then simply ignore them.
It is just shocking to me how many crybabies there are in one place. I have no sympathy for that. They deserve to be alone. They make the world uglier than it has to be.

I guess I will have to start an ignore list. A shame to have to do that on a board that is supposedly for adults.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:38 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,773,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jma500 View Post
The arrogance of some people on here thinking they are the arbitors of what is or is not normal. I have not seen any whining, complaining, or ranting in this thread. Merely mature, discussion. If you cannot handle this without resorting to insults etc. Feel free to go elsewhere.

Far as I knew everyone was having a discussion about their experiences in this area. But realize it's always 'whining and complaining' when it's not what they want to hear. Who gives a fu*k about appeasing these people? I don't. They hate the thread and the notion of it but yet post in it as frequently as the rest . There's tons of other threads to read, go read those if this one is so egregious.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
It is just shocking to me how many crybabies there are in one place. I have no sympathy for that. They deserve to be alone. They make the world uglier than it has to be.

I guess I will have to start an ignore list. A shame to have to do that on a board that is supposedly for adults.

add me to it FIRST. PLEASE.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:40 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,517,362 times
Quote:

There's people here who have so many issues, but mean no harm. Then there's others who stir the pot regularly. The former I have sympathy for. I may get tired of them at some point, but I still have empathy for them. The latter, however, I like to play mind games with. If you're tired of the crybabies, either put them on ignore or find another forum. Because honestly, you're not acting any better than the crybabies.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jma500 View Post
The arrogance of some people on here thinking they are the arbitors of what is or is not normal. I have not seen any whining, complaining, or ranting in this thread. Merely mature, discussion. If you cannot handle this without resorting to insults etc. Feel free to go elsewhere.
Not arrogant. Blunt, perhaps, but honest. Look up something called "Maslow's heirarchy of needs." It is not psychologically normal to not want love.

And there is PLENTY of complaining on this board. Quite a few people who say they made a "choice" to be alone on this thread have posted a LOT of complaining and whining about BEING alone on OTHER threads. They are also the same people who gender-bash and have nothing good to say about the opposite sex. They're very mouthy with the "men do this" and "women do that."

Old 07-22-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Not arrogant. Blunt, perhaps, but honest. Look up something called "Maslow's heirarchy of needs." It is not psychologically normal to not want love.

And there is PLENTY of complaining on this board. Quite a few people who say they made a "choice" to be alone on this thread have posted a LOT of complaining and whining about BEING alone on OTHER threads. They are also the same people who gender-bash and have nothing good to say about the opposite sex. They're very mouthy with the "men do this" and "women do that."

who cares??? go to another thread or board, plain and simple. then you won't have to read these things. Nobody's forcing you to stay and read it. Trying to 'shame' people into posting in a different manner -- waste of time. LOL.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:56 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,297,039 times
Quote:

If you don't like another posters ideas please ignore them.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
There's people here who have so many issues, but mean no harm. Then there's others who stir the pot regularly. The former I have sympathy for. I may get tired of them at some point, but I still have empathy for them. The latter, however, I like to play mind games with. If you're tired of the crybabies, either put them on ignore or find another forum. Because honestly, you're not acting any better than the crybabies.
I feel bad for the people who have real issues, as well. I have major respect for anyone who genuinely tries to get some help in figuring out what is wrong. And again, if people don't want to date, that's their business. But if they were secure in that decision, they wouldn't make a big deal out of it. They certainly wouldn't complain about it, then, much less on the Internet for the whole world to see. That makes no sense, and it makes no sense to get all offended when people respond in kind. Oh, I'm "arrogant" because I say it's abnormal not to want love. That means millions of people in the mental health professions are arrogant, too, then.

However, I see where the tr--er, "pot stirrers" make themselves obvious. It's pretty cowardly and juvenile to write sarcastic rep comments. If people have something to say, it's better to say it on the thread, where others can quote it and respond to it. Anything else is just being a jerk. There's no reason for it.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:02 PM

86 posts, read 99,548 times
Lilac I don't recall anyone in this thread saying they do not want love. I really hope you are not including me with the complainers, whiners etc. If you have read any of my posts I do none of these. I also do not blame women for my relationship problems they are my own fault.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
I feel bad for the people who have real issues, as well. I have major respect for anyone who genuinely tries to get some help in figuring out what is wrong. And again, if people don't want to date, that's their business. But if they were secure in that decision, they wouldn't make a big deal out of it. They certainly wouldn't complain about it, then, much less on the Internet for the whole world to see. That makes no sense, and it makes no sense to get all offended when people respond in kind. Oh, I'm "arrogant" because I say it's abnormal not to want love. That means millions of people in the mental health professions are arrogant, too, then.

However, I see where the tr--er, "pot stirrers" make themselves obvious. It's pretty cowardly and juvenile to write sarcastic rep comments. If people have something to say, it's better to say it on the thread, where others can quote it and respond to it. Anything else is just being a jerk. There's no reason for it.
read what the therad topic is about and then you can see people are actually commenting on their experiences in this area. So of course some of are going to talk about not dating, etc. Duh. That's hardly voicing it to the world when you're discussing it in a relevant thread.

I don't know if I left you a sarcastic rep comment or not at this point. In case you didn't know (and apparently you didn't) people leave rep comments so as not to DERAIL the thread. It's not juvenile and cowardly, it's the way things are done..... I think we all agree, you've told us how 'wrong' we are, Noted. But when are you going to leave the thread that's so beneath you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships