Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2012, 07:12 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,772,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
If he didn't insist on taking shots at me; implied or direct, maybe I'd listen to him. But forget it, I won't advice from people who can't repect me and I can't respect.
Please reread his posts - he didn't take any shots at you, "implied or direct"!

At worst, he came down hard on your roommate, but not you at all.

I honestly see no evidence anyone here is disrespecting you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 07:19 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,768,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You seem to be living your life in constant fear that someone is going to hurt you one day. So you keep posting and starting threads about how you are never going to fall in love, that you are never going to get married, blah blah blah. Obviously - you are looking for us to talk you out of it or something - otherwise you wouldn't keep starting threads about it and complaining about it all the time. You are too afraid of getting hurt to even try? Fine. That's your decision. Why all the fuss about it? Are there women banging down your door trying to force you into a relationship with them? Are the relationship police on your trail? If not - then I don't see what the big deal is. There are lots of scared people out there that never go outside their comfort zone. Nothing wrong with that if that is how you choose to live your life.
I have society in the US trying to force love and relationships down my throat using biology, religion, and other means. I have a right to make noise about my dissatisfaction with this ideal. If y'all can share your relationship viewpoints so can I unless one of y'all are made moderator.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:22 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,739,181 times
Quote:
I have society in the US trying to force love and relationships down my throat using biology, religion, and other means. I have a right to make noise about my dissatisfaction with this ideal. If y'all can share your relationship viewpoints so can I unless one of y'all are made moderator.

Amen to that. Keep on keepin' on.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:29 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,904,021 times
Quote:
I have society in the US trying to force love and relationships down my throat using biology, religion, and other means. .
So you come to a relationship forum to get away from that?

Old 07-22-2012, 07:33 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,210,990 times
Quote:
Religion, I can see. Media, too. But why get in an uproar about things that will never change? I mean, you can choose not to partake of a religion, but you're still going to see love and romance on TV and in the movies. You're still going to see ads for dating sites. You're still going to walk down the street and see people holding hands and being happy with a partner. And you're still going to have friends and family who have their own relationships.

Seems like a lot of wasted energy railing against it. Likewise, worrying about your roommate's relationship.

As far as I can see, when people are secure in their decisions and lifestyle, they don't spend a whole lot of time talking about it. It's just part of them, doing their own thing.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:35 PM

102,227 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Quote:
Diss, you don't have to do anything until you're good and ready. Scr*w "society". You're an individual, not a mass-produced pod. But I'm seeing contradictory tendencies in you. On the one hand, you want a relationship of some sort, if only FWB, or something. On the other hand, you just got an up-close-and-personal view of how that can backfire. It sounds like watching your friend implode has been a little traumatic for you. Take your time to process all this. Do you have some friends to hang out with or some fun stuff to do, to get your mind off it? If not, make some friends, join some groups.

And stick with Doll Eyes, she's got your back.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:39 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,739,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Diss, you don't have to do anything until you're good and ready. Scr*w "society". You're an individual, not a mass-produced pod. But I'm seeing contradictory tendencies in you. On the one hand, you want a relationship of some sort, if only FWB, or something. On the other hand, you just got an up-close-and-personal view of how that can backfire. It sounds like watching your friend implode has been a little traumatic for you. Take your time to process all this. Do you have some friends to hang out with or some fun stuff to do, to get your mind off it? If not, make some friends, join some groups.

And stick with Doll Eyes, she's got your back.

LOL. I just agree with him that he has as much 'right' as anyone else here to talk about how these subjects pertain to him. For some people it seems hard to grasp the concept that people talk about these topics and their decisions because it's a message board and that's what it's for. Whether or not they are happy, insecure, whatever the point of the forum far as I can tell is to discuss how these things relate (or not) to you.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:19 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,545,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Marriage is so overrated along with relationships and the next person who askes me why I;m single will get chased down the street with a stick because I will be trying to take their head off
Marriage being overrateed is not why you are single.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:16 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,772,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Marriage being overrateed is not why you are single.
Yay, something we can agree on

Old 07-23-2012, 06:40 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,768,175 times
My frustration is at an all-time high. Just found out my roommate has not left our apartment all day after spending the whole weekend sleeping. It really frustrates me he is throwing away a lot what he worked for over this girl. Again if this is what can happen when love comes in, I want NO part of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships