Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 09:19 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,190,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Well I guess he would take up an offer from a girl he didn't find attractive -- but it's an offer to use her. Again, that is not a compliment for a woman. I would rather just be alone if that's my option, to get 'used' by some guy. Please. It appears that men think a woman having the 'bottom of the barrel' option is still a "PLUS!" for her when in reality it's about just as good as no option at all.

did you really just say that last line? Hel-lo! A month or so ago some man attempted to approach me in a grocery store, I can tell you what he was wearing and everything. I remember because it's the only time that has happened in the 32 years I've been alive. So yea, I know how it feels.
No, I know it's wrong to be use her. I could never just 'use' a good woman like that. What I mean, I suppose, is I'm so desperate for any romantic attachment that I'd probably would even just for the social company, as a social date. If she wanted to make it intimate who knows, you know us men...

Yeah, I guess then at least you know how it feels. Nah I'm not that full of self pity, I have self-esteem issues I used to feel women thought of me as dirt of something. I know it's not entirely true but yeah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 10:05 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,164,810 times
I've been asked out by many girls in my lifetime. Even while I've been with someone. I always thought it was pretty common. But after reading this thread, I am wondering if maybe I have just been lucky. I've also had many women stare at me to death, give every sign in the world that they are interested yet for whatever reason will not ask me out. After a while if you're paying attention, you can usually tell when someone likes you. Women will give many hints, some subtle, some not so subtle when they find you attractive and or like you. If you can pick up on those cues and you feel the same, then as a guy I think that you should make the first move. Not that it's the mans job, it just makes it easier for the girl. That's my opinion. A women wants to know that you feel the same. So if she is giving you enough clues-then take the hint and make life a little easier for her. I have found that when this happens, both parties feel like it's mutual. If a girl is showing you many clues that she likes you and you don't pick up on it (from my experience), if they like you enough some of them will eventually come up to you, but some won't. Those that won't, you might have lost out on that person being "the one". Once again, some will do it in a subtle way, and some will just be blunt/ or do it directly.

I have to admit, in the past when a girl will come on too strong it can and has scared me off. Really can't explain why. I guess guys like the chase too. I always liked the subtle one's better. Because no matter what else they do, if they never ask you out, you still can never be sure if they ever really liked you no matter how many things they do to get your attention. You're still left with "I think she likes me, but I can't really be sure since she has never asked me out. This bit of doubt, creates more desire. At least for me it has.

So to be honest, relationships for me have seemed to work better when I do the asking. I don't know why. I won't ask if I didn't think the feelings were mutual. I rarely have gone up to complete strangers and tried to pick them up. I take that back when talking about the club and bar scenes. That's a whole different story. Many times when I went to the bar/ club I was looking for a hook-up so obviously that differs. You can't get laid if you never make a move..

Old 07-22-2012, 10:12 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,216,540 times
Quote:
I asked or else I wouldn't have gone, which I told you before. I was not the only girl at my school that had to ask someone either.

Your one women in a sea of millions that have gone to prom in let's say the last 30 years. Are their outliers? Of course. But the VAST MAJORITY of Girls who go to the prom are ASKED. That's just reality

And that's how it is for the rest of our lives

Old 07-22-2012, 10:14 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,754,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Your one women in a sea of millions that have gone to prom in let's say the last 30 years. Are their outliers? Of course. But the VAST MAJORITY of Girls who go to the prom are ASKED. That's just reality

And that's how it is for the rest of our lives
Yes I know the 'vast majority of women' get asked. Just saying you made a statement as if it applies to everyone, everywhere. As I said before I wasn't the only one in that situation and probably were hundreds if not more across the country in the same boat.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:49 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,097,977 times
Yes. I corresponded with a funny, sweet, gentleman on line for several weeks. He TALKED about asking me out but he didn't DO it. We got along really well and I wanted to meet him in person.

Finally I decided to just take the chance and throw it out there. I told him to grow a spine and ask me out already.

He did, we did. He is sitting across from me tying on his computer right now so I guess you could say it worked!

Old 07-22-2012, 01:19 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,519,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
It's called flattery.
Elaborate.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:12 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,935,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Yes. I corresponded with a funny, sweet, gentleman on line for several weeks.
I sure had her fooled!

Quote:
He TALKED about asking me out but he didn't DO it. We got along really well and I wanted to meet him in person.
Well, I wasn't in that big a hurry to disabuse her . . .

Quote:
Finally I decided to just take the chance and throw it out there. I told him to grow a spine and ask me out already.
I did, we did, and I still haven't suffered any noticeable back trouble from growing that spine . . .

Quote:
He is sitting across from me tying on his computer right now so I guess you could say it worked!
I'm actually sitting catty-corner, darling. But let's not get technical. Even if my back is my best side . . .

Old 07-22-2012, 02:25 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,971,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Women don't ask out guys, they wait to be asked out, weight their options and take their pick. Of course they're some outliers but for the vast majority of women it's the truth.(maybe not the majority of options, but the not asking out part) We start this in middle school and HS. Look at the prom for example, Girls don't ask guys to the prom, guys ask girls , and we Continue with that model for the rest of our life.
I asked out my Prom date. Still remember the cheesy way I did it. We both worked at a hotel restaurant. I asked him if I could come outside to the parking lot and look at my new rims on my Mustang. I was shaking and studdering over words. And he looked the car over and I didn't press on because of fear. I then got deterimined and wrote on a piece of paper"Will you go to the Prom with me?" I left my home # for him to call. And when I came home my dad answered the phone. It was him. He accepted. Lol

Old 07-22-2012, 02:48 PM

464 posts, read 480,320 times
Quote:
several times and would not do it again. obviously they only want to be asked out by women they consider attractive, if you're a woman and not very attractive there's no point in even bothering with this.
Can't rep you but THIS!

Got rejected but funny thing is these guys that I asked out became stalkers. They were stalking me and bragging to their boys "hey she asked ME out" Who does that?

Old 07-22-2012, 02:51 PM

102,297 posts, read 108,390,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post
Got rejected but funny thing is these guys that I asked out became stalkers. They were stalking me and bragging to their boys "hey she asked ME out" Who does that?
This is freaky. It's a mine field out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships