Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 01:09 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,169,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
several times and would not do it again. obviously they only want to be asked out by women they consider attractive, if you're a woman and not very attractive there's no point in even bothering with this.
No sh*t, don't women want the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I've been an adult for almost 40 years. Close to 30 of those years I was (and am) single and unattached.

I was only asked out once for an actual date during the entire time and that was when I used to be on a dating web site. It happened about 5 months ago. I had to turn her down due to no chemistry and the lack of things in common.

I was shocked that she asked because that never happened to me before.

From reading these posts I get the impression that it's okay for a man to be turned down but not a women. Being turned down is part of the dating game. It will happen.

Yes, I would welcome it. It's long overdue. This "men enjoy the chase" is crap to me. I really don't enjoy it and would rather get the feeling it was more mutual. My acceptance percentage for getting a date is extremely low. I could easily see women having a much higher percentage than men do if they did more asking.

Ding! Ding! Ding! we have a winner.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:17 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,203,517 times
Not my style to ask men out; I like the old fashioned ways of romance.
And I've never had any problems as far as that goes

Old 07-27-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
of course they would!:d
+1

Old 07-27-2012, 01:28 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,927,816 times
Women who are afraid to ask guys out don't have any confidence and are self-conscious.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Well I guess he would take up an offer from a girl he didn't find attractive -- but it's an offer to use her. Again, that is not a compliment for a woman. I would rather just be alone if that's my option, to get 'used' by some guy. Please. It appears that men think a woman having the 'bottom of the barrel' option is still a "PLUS!" for her when in reality it's about just as good as no option at all.

did you really just say that last line? Hel-lo! A month or so ago some man attempted to approach me in a grocery store, I can tell you what he was wearing and everything. I remember because it's the only time that has happened in the 32 years I've been alive. So yea, I know how it feels.
Well did you go out with him?

Old 07-27-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Women who are afraid to ask guys out don't have any confidence and are self-conscious.
They usually hide behind "tradition"

Old 07-27-2012, 03:32 PM

13,621 posts, read 21,434,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yes.
I won't do it anymore because I've been told it's a huge turn-off because men like 'the chase'.
I used to ask men out all the time and I've only had 2 dates come of it, both didn't go past the first date.

Absolutely not true at least in my case I don't mind her asking me out in fact it is kind of flattering and I have been asked out a couple times and as far as the success rate well it is the same for any dating sometimes it just fizzles out.

As far as not accepting I have always tried to be respectful and make her feel like she is something special but just not for me, which is how I really feel about it, not just a excuse to let her down easier.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:38 PM

13,621 posts, read 21,434,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
^^ I agree with this. I have in the past asked out men and with mixed results. But... whereas a woman will at least go on one date with a man that she initially isn't attracted to, most men won't even go out once with a woman that they don't find initially attractive.

And I think that if a woman is looking for a bf rather than an fwb, it's best to let the men do the chasing.

Are we talking about just going up to a guy and asking him out? What I am thinking is flirting and letting a little tension build first then asking him out which is exactly how I would ask a woman out. I barely ever just walk up to a stranger and try to put moves on.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:40 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,588,293 times
very interesting post, i have been asked out numerous times.
they were good women every time but it never went anywhere. probably bek i was toodense to realize they wanted it to go somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships