Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 02:38 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,952,414 times

Advertisements

I have a couple of times........but only recently did I ask out a relative stranger. (Someone I just met in a cafe). The other times were people I was reasonably well acquainted with. Definitely not easy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 02:57 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,609,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I have a couple of times........but only recently did I ask out a relative stranger. (Someone I just met in a cafe). The other times were people I was reasonably well acquainted with. Definitely not easy!
any relationships that turned out to be successful, long-term, in which the woman did the initiating, first move, asking out first?

Old 08-31-2012, 01:41 AM

18,760 posts, read 11,826,075 times
Yes, DH but he set me up. I married him 9 months later.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:35 PM

any other success stories in which relationships turned out to be great in which the girl initiated first?

Old 09-01-2012, 10:43 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,161,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
women ask guys out all the time, i dont know why thats so hard to believe. Ive been asked out several times in the last two months, and it was nothing subtle. these girls nowadays have more balls when approaching than 90% of the guys out there. I am in the heart of a major cit though, and the dating scene and etiquette could be substantialy different in the boonies.

I agree wholeheartedly, and was starting to think that too. I'm with someone and I got asked out in front of her once. It was in a bar. Some girl from highschool came up and started flirting with me for like an hour until my girl finally said, "excuse me, he is my boyfriend"..In the almost eight years I have been with the same person, I couldn't honestly tell you how many girls have tried to get with me. And no I'm not saying this because I think I'm all that thread. It's just a fact. Still get asked out alot and since about sixteen not much has changed. And I agree with you! Anymore I think girls have more bal ls than men. All these men that don't know how to even talk to women. Women have definately become more aggressive, which I think is good. You should go after what you want weather your a man or a women..Guys who don't think this happens, just aren't getting asked out. Plain and simple.

Smp

Old 09-01-2012, 10:56 AM

102,261 posts, read 108,277,635 times
Some of you guys need to post on the "I just wanted to encourage women to..." (ask men out) thread. The guys there don't believe it's very common for women to do that.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:17 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,617,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
any other success stories in which relationships turned out to be great in which the girl initiated first?
Me.
Twice. Including the relationship I'm in now.

But I already stated that earlier in this thread. Reading is fundamental, people.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:24 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,750,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader44 View Post
I agree , its better not to give false hope.If a person is ugly and having trouble getting dates they need to be told so that they can put some effort into becoming more attractive instead of whining that no one wants them.

lmao. there's only so much a person can do but whatever i can tell you're one of those that think everyone's 'entitled' to this and that and sorry, but no one's entitled to sh*t.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
Me.
Twice. Including the relationship I'm in now.

But I already stated that earlier in this thread. Reading is fundamental, people.
yeah because too many girls argue, say that relationships are bound for failure, will not be as good, will not last as long if the girl does the approaching, asking out, etc.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
yeah because too many girls argue, say that relationships are bound for failure, will not be as good, will not last as long if the girl does the approaching, asking out, etc.
why is that? it should depend on the person
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships