Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 01:05 AM

30,945 posts, read 37,153,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Let me get back to the topic. No need to argue here. Some weeks ago I went on a job interview at a family court house in the Bronx. It was real sad and it gave me a stark look at the single mother situation. A line of probably more than fifty women queued up to file child support papers against ex lovers. I saw some women with kids of different skin tones and hair texture. I had to ask....Why did these women did not know any better?
As is the case with many CD posters, your grammar and spelling really do need some work. (Sorry, but I expect people to know the difference between 'your' and 'you're'....This is 4th grade stuff!); but your point above is very valid nonetheless.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:19 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,160,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I think the implication is that smart, educated, career oriented women are not interested in him.

I get more attention and dates with educated women compared to uneducated women. My taste is far different from uneducated women. Making an uneducated woman adjust and conform to my taste is a lot of work and Im willing to help a women in that type of social bracket improve herself if she is with me. Educated women always ask the question, do you have kids, do you travel, whats your alma mater. I already know career oriented women who date guys only for looks and shock value while there guys are broke and not for their brains. Oh well hes a sweet guy and cute, things will come along for us. I hear this phrase time and time again walking around the streets of Manhattan. Also the way how I type and use grammer on city data does not reflect how I speak in the real world. Every day I rub shoulders with people of higher income stratas as well as low income stratas and conversation will occur and people will judge you by the way you speak in the real world as well how knowledgible you are. The past few women I was bound to take a relationship with them were all single mothers, great sex, very nuturing but too much drama, more drama than a shakesperian play.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 08-02-2012 at 01:50 AM..

Old 08-02-2012, 01:23 AM

Quote:
As is the case with many CD posters, your grammar and spelling really do need some work. (Sorry, but I expect people to know the difference between 'your' and 'you're'....This is 4th grade stuff!); but your point above is very valid nonetheless.
Im typing from a touch device with auto correction off, editing is difficult on my device so I dont bother. When Im on a keyboard its different ball game. If your critiquing on how a poster post on city data? You obvisouly have no life and very judgemental. Overall Im glad you agree with me. Sorry for the grammer. Will a glass of milk and and a saucer full of cookies make you feel any better?

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 08-02-2012 at 01:34 AM..

Old 08-02-2012, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
You really think a pregnant woman with hormones running wild, acts from a place.of cold rational reality?
You are right. They don't. That's the problem. Too much acting on one's biological programming (among men and women). Not enough overrriding that program by using your brain (or at least consistent use of birth control).

Quote:
They aren't thinking "Thanks to govt programs i can have a baby that neither I nor the guy wants." Carrying a.child to term is the most.natural reaction, not abortion.
No disagreement from me. However, adoption was also suggested and that is usually what is best for the kid and the parents. I can see why there was so much outside social pressure for adoption in 'the old days'...because, unfortunately, people need that social pressure to make rational decisions. Take it away and you get the mess we have now, with a whole lot of people acting on their base instincts and kids being neglected financially and emotionally.

Quote:
Basic biological imperative. This is why a guy should wear a condom if he doesn't want to father a child.
Once again, no disagreements from me. However, there's probably some basic biological imperative that makes a guy not want to wear a condom. One again, we are back to the problem of acting on our base instincts, with minimal outside social pressure to tame those instincts.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:27 AM

Quote:
I think all the flings, NSA's, and one-nighters are one of the reasons why there are so many single mothers in the first place. As one poster pointed out, birth control isn't as good as some people think it is. People treat sex like it's nothing and then they live out the rest of their lives in poverty or semi-poverty as a result of this attitude.
You forgot BOOTY CALLS and FSB. I heard of a few pregnancy cases like this from people I know. Both parents try to be there for the child but it never works out.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 08-02-2012 at 01:38 AM..

Old 08-02-2012, 01:41 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,322,752 times
Quote:

I get more attention and dates with educated women compared to uneducated women. My taste is far different from uneducated women. Making an uneducated woman adjust and conform to my taste is a lot of work and Im willing to help a women in that type of social bracket improve herself if she is with me. Educated women always ask the question, do you have kids, do you travel, whats your alma mater. I already know career oriented women who date guys only for looks and shock value while there guys are broke and not for their brains. Oh well hes a sweet guy and cute, things will come along for us. I hear this phrase time and time again walking around the streets of Manhattan. Also the way how I type and use grammer on city data does not reflect how I speak in the real world. Every day I rub shoulders with people of higher income stratas as well as low income stratas and conversation will occur and people will judge you by the way you speak in the real world as well how knowledgible you are. The past few women I was bound to take a relationship with them were all single mothers, great sex, very nuturing but too much drama, more drama then a shakesperian play.
Real talk.

Contextually I don't think a lot of the posters specifically in this forum know how it is for a dude with credentials when it comes to dating in the south and particularly west bronx (university heights especially). Lots and lots of hot single moms, the playing field is ripe because of the sheer number of simps and thirsty dudes. You come along with your stuff together and you can bag very easily, but there's too much drama involved.

At the same time it's rough over there because the std rates are ridiculous, a lot of chicks on that boomerang tip. Yeah you have a lot of "career" oriented girls in manhattan looking for that SATC lifestyle and the funny thing is they're in the same realm of attractiveness as SJP (grenade city).

Old 08-02-2012, 01:45 AM

Quote:
I tell women this, the right guy is the wrong guy, and the wrong is the right guy. They still dont get it.
We don't get it as a culture. There is too much emphasis on love/attraction and not enough on character.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
Interesting article. But I don't know if I would attribute single parenthood to being the big reason the middle class is shrinking.
It's not the only reason, but it is a major one.

Quote:
There are elective single moms that have the education and financial resources to have children. They aren't working class, or middle class ether. Sometimes they adopt, other times they do this through a sperm donor. These women can afford it. Of course I'll admit that it's a small portion of single mom's that fit that criteria.
As you said, it's a small percentage (although perhaps a growing percentage).

Quote:
Another thing to consider, what of the single parents that aren't necessarily single? These are parents that aren't married, but that live together, share financial responsibilities, rear their child, and in some situations these are educated individuals.
The New York Times article that I and a previous poster linked to mentioned that most of these couples break up shortly after the birth of the child. The breakup rate for this arrangement is higher than the divorce rate for married couples.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Have you read the '90 day probation' thread? Apparently, women are supposed to sleep with a man by the third date, but that's nowhere NEAR enough time to figure out if he's a 'loser' or not.

So, if we wait and make sure the guy is not a loser, he'll just move on to another woman who will put out.

If we don't wait, there's a chance of getting pregnant or getting an STD from him (you can still get HPV and Herpes with the use of a condom) then the woman is obviously stupid for choosing to sleep with a loser.

We really can't win.

Oh, and I was a 2 form of BC baby, just as an FYI.
At some point, the culture of casual sex is going to have to end if we don't want to degenerate into a 3rd world country. Sorry to say, but I think women are going to have to be the ones to end it. I'm not saying it's fair, but it's what is.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Im typing from a touch device with auto correction off, editing is difficult on my device so I dont bother. When Im on a keyboard its different ball game. If your critiquing on how a poster post on city data? You obvisouly have no life and very judgemental. Overall Im glad you agree with me. Sorry for the grammer. Will a glass of milk and and a saucer full of cookies make you feel any better?
Uggh, no what would make me feel better is that people not use those effin' devices as an excuse for typing slop. I'm not singling you out, by the way...but this 3rd grade writing style I see so prevalent online really gets to me.

By the way, it's "grammar", not "grammer". Are you going to blame that on your device, too? Oh that's right, I must be a judgmental jerk with no life for pointing out to people with college degrees that they should know how to spell 6th grade level spelling words. I wonder if that kind of attitude is why America consistently ranks at the bottom in education compared to all the other developed countries...hmmmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships