Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 03:26 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,686,293 times

Advertisements

I don't understand the drama stuff either. Life is complicated enough without drama in your personal relationships. This isn't only with the 20 year olds....I know couples in their forties and fifties having these drama relationships. I would think they'd be tired of all that by their age or at the least would have outgrown it. Don't sweat the small stuff, and really, most of it is small stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 01:56 AM

1 posts, read 878 times
Different influence that makes relationship complicated like jealousy and insecurity. These things results into a very shaky relationship. But there are lot of insights that you can mend on like communication. Using communication effectively is always a guaranteed success

Old 07-31-2012, 10:15 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,452,262 times
I have a couple of friends (male and female) who are starting to veer into sticking with someone they know isn't long-term material because they're tired of being alone. I'm not sure I'd really call it complicated, but there's definitely a sense of resignation that they're better off just settling for the first person to come along than continuing to hold out for "the one" as the dating pool here is incredibly small for an area of over 2 million people. I have to say, after 2 years without a date, I'm starting to feel the same way, sadly.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:54 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I have a couple of friends (male and female) who are starting to veer into sticking with someone they know isn't long-term material because they're tired of being alone. I'm not sure I'd really call it complicated, but there's definitely a sense of resignation that they're better off just settling for the first person to come along than continuing to hold out for "the one" as the dating pool here is incredibly small for an area of over 2 million people. I have to say, after 2 years without a date, I'm starting to feel the same way, sadly.
They're settling bc they're not comfortable with who they. I find it hard to believe that a woman hadn't gone on a date in two years. Either no guy has asked you out, which I doubt, or you have really high standards turning down everyone that has asked you out, meet jerky guys, you have some sort of hang up or you've been asking out guys that have girlfriends, wives, or some type of complicated relationship with a woman & you're not aware until they tell you they're attached.

Old 07-31-2012, 12:59 PM

102,214 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
They're settling bc they're not comfortable with who they. I find it hard to believe that a woman hadn't gone on a date in two years. Either no guy has asked you out, which I doubt, or you have really high standards turning down everyone that has asked you out, meet jerky guys, you have some sort of hang up or you've been asking out guys that have girlfriends, wives, or some type of complicated relationship with a woman & you're not aware until they tell you they're attached.
Get real, hott. This is reality for a lot of women. Some don't get asked out or even noticed for far longer than 2 years. Men really have strange ideas about what women's lives are like. I knew a lot of women who went through college and grad school without being asked out. Average women don't get noticed, the super-attractive women don't get asked out because men feel intimidated by them. On a TV talk show a couple of Hollywood actresses, both blond, attractive, said they haven't been asked out in years. Welcome to reality.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:06 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,018,788 times
If you love someone, sometimes you just deal with some complications if they are not dealbreakers. Extremely few people are complication free, and as a result, extremely few relationships are.

That said, the OP's friend sounds like she has what I might consider a deal breaker complication.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:14 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,353,873 times
I always thought when it was complicated meant that another person or maybe more than one had entered the picture. Maybe both of them are seeing someone else. Who knows. A couple we knew ended up changing there FB status to complicated when the wife started dating a woman. They are now divorced living with others and stopped listing their status as complicated. I guess i could also see when someone is with someone but doesn't want to be there. Not sure why they stay if they are single. Have no idea why anyone would stay when abuse is part of the relationship.

It sure is complicated when you have a girlfriend and a wife on the side. LOL

Old 07-31-2012, 01:18 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,303,568 times
People are complicated. All relationships are complicated, because it requires 2 people (who are complicated to begin with) coming together in a emotion-packed environment.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:16 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,452,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Get real, hott. This is reality for a lot of women. Some don't get asked out or even noticed for far longer than 2 years. Men really have strange ideas about what women's lives are like. I knew a lot of women who went through college and grad school without being asked out. Average women don't get noticed, the super-attractive women don't get asked out because men feel intimidated by them. On a TV talk show a couple of Hollywood actresses, both blond, attractive, said they haven't been asked out in years. Welcome to reality.
Thanks Ruth, and she's right. Average women don't get noticed, or as in my case, get "friend zoned" before we've even said hhello. I actually get hit on by women more than I do men, and I am definitely straight. I've made some good male friends in the last couple of years, but I really have not been asked on a date. One-on-one outings have been made clear from the get go it was just as freinds. One of the friends didn't think I was doing enough to try, like hott, didn't think it was realistic that a woman could go that long without a date, until he started taking a dance class and met a few others who hadn't been asked out for a year or two either.

I think age has something todo with it. I have an active social life, but it seems I only encounter men in their 20's or close to/over 50, with very few in the 30-45 age range. I was out with a group of friends recently-dancing at a crowded club on a Saturday night and one of the guys mentioned he was starting to see why us girls were always complaining-said he'd beensurveying the scene and found several women he wouldbe interested in going to talk to but couldn't find a single guy to point out to me. Plain and simple, they just weren't there.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:40 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Thanks Ruth, and she's right. Average women don't get noticed, or as in my case, get "friend zoned" before we've even said hhello. I actually get hit on by women more than I do men, and I am definitely straight. I've made some good male friends in the last couple of years, but I really have not been asked on a date. One-on-one outings have been made clear from the get go it was just as freinds. One of the friends didn't think I was doing enough to try, like hott, didn't think it was realistic that a woman could go that long without a date, until he started taking a dance class and met a few others who hadn't been asked out for a year or two either.

I think age has something todo with it. I have an active social life, but it seems I only encounter men in their 20's or close to/over 50, with very few in the 30-45 age range. I was out with a group of friends recently-dancing at a crowded club on a Saturday night and one of the guys mentioned he was starting to see why us girls were always complaining-said he'd beensurveying the scene and found several women he wouldbe interested in going to talk to but couldn't find a single guy to point out to me. Plain and simple, they just weren't there.
Have you asked a guy out? Do you look unapproachable when you're out? Do you smile, wave or say "hi/hello" to guys you think are cute or hot?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships