Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 11:14 AM

93 posts, read 146,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I have about 2-3 guy friends that are probably a younger version of you.
You probably never had to try to hard to meet and date women, have you?
I think this is interesting that you had a "bad" night, and didn't get noticed by women that night.

Other then the 2-3 friends I know that are constantly approached by women, the rest of my friends and I get overlooked, while women at the bars chase after the 10% or so of guys that are the most attractive. The rest of us guys probably more regularly are forced to meet and date women through friends, and activities, and groups.

I think it is interesting that a guy who had never been treated as not the top 10% of males, is frustrated by this.

What you explained as being overlooked is what happens to many many guys almost their entire life.
This is a probably a good analysis, yes. For years, women came up to me. When I was younger, if I went up to a woman, my hit rate was pretty close to 100%. But this is the first time I felt invisible. I realize that I won't get much sympathy from people who were never in that situation to start with. But for me this was downright chiliing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 11:21 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,695,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyNewGuy View Post
I was just at a party at some club given for a friend of mine who is 33 and I'm 47. I was by far the oldest guy there. That said, I'm superficial as hell. I luckily have more hair than any of the younger guys, and I take anabolic steroids regularly to stay lean and muscular through my workouts. I'm 6'1" and muscular. I was great looking when I was in my 20's and 30's. Women used to show me blatant interest back then. Unfortunately, I think I developed too much of a need for female validation in the process.

Despite all that, I had real low chances with the women this time. Why? Because I'm over 40 now, which is a plague for younger women. No matter how great looking I was in my 20's and 30's.

I'm already married, but I was trying to see what would happen "if". My conclusion .. over 40 = sexual oblivion. The realization was quite depressing. I need to come to terms with this before another ten years go by.
I wouldn't worry to much about girl getting at 47 if I were you. With your Steroid use you making 48 may not happen.

Dangers of Anabolic Steroids | Taylor Hooton Foundation

Old 08-01-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
I wouldn't worry to much about girl getting at 47 if I were you. With your Steroid use you making 48 may not happen.

Thanks for the concern, but many of the things written there are either only possible through overly high doses for excessive periods of time, or they're simply not true.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:41 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,695,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyNewGuy View Post
Thanks for the concern, but many of the things written there are either only possible through overly high doses for excessive periods of time, or they're simply not true.
Yeah, You keep believing that lie.

Is this your epitaph?

"On March 19, 2007, Sports Illustrated posted on its website an article in its continuing series investigating a steroid and hGH ring used by a number of professional athletes in several sports. This article mentioned several current and former WWE wrestlers, including Guerrero who was alleged to have obtained hCG and the steroid stanozolol in early 2005.[149] At the time of the alleged steroid usage, the WWE had not yet instituted its Wellness Policy in which wrestlers are tested for substances, which was stated by WWE.com on the day the article was released."

Old 08-01-2012, 01:12 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,587,468 times
Quote:

I have looked at the website, however, the Hooton foundation is not specific in listing what steroids are causing the side effects that they list. That's important, because there are MANY steroids, and some steroids are stronger then others, so just listing that all steroids cause the side effects that they list is unscientific.

Secondly, the Hooton Foundation leaves out the fact that steroid use in small doses, for short periods of time (cycles), causes little to none of side effects that they have listed on their website. This is well known in scientific research published in Russia and the United States.

Last edited by calicali01; 08-01-2012 at 01:25 PM..

Old 08-01-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:

Is this your epitaph?

"On March 19, 2007, Sports Illustrated posted on its website an article in its continuing series investigating a steroid and hGH ring used by a number of professional athletes in several sports. This article mentioned several current and former WWE wrestlers, including Guerrero who was alleged to have obtained hCG and the steroid stanozolol in early 2005.[149] At the time of the alleged steroid usage, the WWE had not yet instituted its Wellness Policy in which wrestlers are tested for substances, which was stated by WWE.com on the day the article was released."
I don't want to turn this into a steroid thread. I think I addressed this issue in a previous post. I did extensive research on the subject rather than just listen to sites like the one you linked. With all due respect, I don't get the sense that you did any research before formulating your opinion.

That said, I do support what that site was trying to do, which is discourage teens from taking steroids. From my own research I've learned that teens are vulnerable to permanant harm because simply still growing. If anyone is going to take steroids, I'd discourage them from taking any before the age of 25. If it takes some exaggeration to scare them away, then so be it.

Another thing .. WWE wrestlers were absolutely freakishly large. For that I'm pretty sure they took ridiculous amounts of steroids and I also suspect that they could never take any time off from them for years because of their schedules. That's a recipe for disaster. In addition, many of these guys have other serious substance abuse issues such as alcohol, speed, and painkillers - all of which cause severe organ damage.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:23 PM

48,556 posts, read 34,927,283 times
Yeah, I can't imagine how your wife would feel knowing your trying to hit on some chicks (no matter the age), to see if you can.

So what if you could have?

Then you would ask her out just to see if she would say "yes"?

Then you would go out just to see if you could get her in bed?

I would rather honor my other half, then run around trying to feed my ego, and risk hurting the other person.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:

Is this your epitaph?

American athletes have a long history of abusing steroids. They tend to take too much and take them for months at a time which causes them to have health problems that was listed in your post. Also, many of these athletes also use cocaine and other street drugs; this is important because cocaine use distorts your reality and causes you to do stupid things such as kill yourself or other people.

HGH is something completely different, that stuff use to be harvested from cadavers in the 80's but now it's synthetically harvested from mice. I don't recommend anybody use HGH, but athletes today continue to use it because it is undetectable in drug test.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinynewguy View Post
i don't want to turn this into a steroid thread. I think i addressed this issue in a previous post. I did extensive research on the subject rather than just listen to sites like the one you linked. With all due respect, i don't get the sense that you did any research before formulating your opinion.

That said, i do support what that site was trying to do, which is discourage teens from taking steroids. From my own research i've learned that teens are vulnerable to permanant harm because simply still growing. If anyone is going to take steroids, i'd discourage them from taking any before the age of 25. If it takes some exaggeration to scare them away, then so be it.

another thing .. Wwe wrestlers were absolutely freakishly large. For that i'm pretty sure they took ridiculous amounts of steroids and i also suspect that they could never take any time off from them for years because of their schedules. That's a recipe for disaster. In addition, many of these guys have other serious substance abuse issues such as alcohol, speed, and painkillers - all of which cause severe organ damage.
+1

Old 08-01-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yeah, I can't imagine how your wife would feel knowing your trying to hit on some chicks (no matter the age), to see if you can.

So what if you could have?

Then you would ask her out just to see if she would say "yes"?

Then you would go out just to see if you could get her in bed?

I would rather honor my other half, then run around trying to feed my ego, and risk hurting the other person.
I think I would have been good with indications of interest and nothing more. Good for you for not needing to feed your ego like I do. I envy you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships