Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 02:23 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,499,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyNewGuy View Post
I was just at a party at some club given for a friend of mine who is 33 and I'm 47. I was by far the oldest guy there. That said, I'm superficial as hell. I luckily have more hair than any of the younger guys, and I take anabolic steroids regularly to stay lean and muscular through my workouts. I'm 6'1" and muscular. I was great looking when I was in my 20's and 30's. Women used to show me blatant interest back then. Unfortunately, I think I developed too much of a need for female validation in the process.

Despite all that, I had real low chances with the women this time. Why? Because I'm over 40 now, which is a plague for younger women. No matter how great looking I was in my 20's and 30's.

I'm already married, but I was trying to see what would happen "if". My conclusion .. over 40 = sexual oblivion. The realization was quite depressing. I need to come to terms with this before another ten years go by.
Well it sound like you are struck on yourself, and what to comint Adulty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 02:27 PM

93 posts, read 146,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
It's not, but the pressure is there just like it is for woman to be thin. In reality most women arent chasing down muscle bound 47 yo men. Like the post on what women were looking for: An ideal man would most likely look like Mike Rowe and not a young ripped Arnold. Same with stick women, most men prefer a curvy Beyonce body and not a skinny woman in spite of what Fashion magazines say.
But I don't have a muscle bound physique like Arnold at all. I don't take that many drugs. I think my body looks closer to Hugh Jackman's. Mike Rowe is a good looking man, but I am way more muscular than he is.

But yeah, I definitely agree that men prefer some met on the bones as opposed to the runway models. No doubt about it. I always say this to women when the subject comes up. Nothing worse than seeing a woman that looks great going and losing 15 lbs so she can look skinny.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
Well it sound like you are struck on yourself, and what to comint Adulty.
Yeah, I know that I am. I realize that. But I wouldn't have comitted adultery. That wasn't what I was looking for.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:30 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,739,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyNewGuy View Post
But I don't have a muscle bound physique like Arnold at all. I don't take that many drugs. I think my body looks closer to Hugh Jackman's. Mike Rowe is a good looking man, but I am way more muscular than he is.

But yeah, I definitely agree that men prefer some met on the bones as opposed to the runway models. No doubt about it. I always say this to women when the subject comes up. Nothing worse than seeing a woman that looks great going and losing 15 lbs so she can look skinny.
I can't believe those women passed on you. You're in the wrong town, mate.

Join meetup.com. Happy hunting! Lots of desperate ladies come to those meetups.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:37 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,406,419 times
At 45, in the last 5 years my experience dating women who were in their 20's and it has happened two times in the last 5 years is not the body difference in age but the mentality more. It was a short lived dating experience for me that way. I was told I don't look my age by them, and I really don't feel my age but mentally I have mellowed somewhat and with certain discussions on topics we just couldn't connect. Music, TV shows and stuff like that yeah, but deeper topics there just was a void.

Not saying having a younger girlfriend can't happen and not connect, but it takes a unique situation. When it comes to in depth discussions though I generally just relate more to mid 30's and up women.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:39 PM

11,804 posts, read 12,045,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
I can't believe those women passed on you. You're in the wrong town, mate.

Join meetup.com. Happy hunting! Lots of desperate ladies come to those meetups.
What part of he's married are you missing? He doesn't need to join anything other than maybe a therapy group for his low self-esteem that he needs the validation of women, who aren't his wife, to feel good about himself.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:40 PM

102,228 posts, read 108,023,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Not saying having a younger girlfriend can't happen and not connect, but it takes a unique situation. When it comes to in depth discussions though I generally just relate more to mid 30's and up women.
The same is true for women in their 20's looking for deeper discussions with men in their age-range. Too bad back then I thought that older guys wouldn't be interested in college students or recent college grads.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
What part of he's married are you missing? He doesn't need to join anything other than maybe a therapy group for his low self-esteem that he needs the validation of women, who aren't his wife, to feel good about himself.
I'm not looking to meet other women and have any affairs. That's not at all what I'm saying here.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:47 PM

3,987 posts, read 5,018,838 times
When I first started this thread, you (OP) annoyed me!

But after reading the whole thing, I get where you're coming from. I do not share the same attitude in every respect, but I get what you're saying about the realization. I just turned 45 and I'm happily married. I have ZERO desire to seek anyone out, but isn't it nice to be noticed? Isn't it nice to have some validation from other people?

I don't think I'm at your level of seeking it out or feeling too "down" about it, but yea, I totally get that "slap" in the face when you realize that while you may FEEL 21, you don't LOOK/ACT 21. It's a weird rite of passage for aging, I guess.

I'm glad you don't want to cheat on your wife...keep that going...stay healthy...I'm curious...do you think your wife is hot?

Old 07-30-2012, 02:51 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,739,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
It's not a dating website. It's an activity website, where women hunt for their men in absolute frenzy. It's a fine place for our man to get all the compliments and acceptance he's looking for from random women. He can even take his wife and the wife may see how much her husband's worth on the market so she will up her wife activities to his satisfaction and also be thankful about how lucky and blessed she is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships