Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2012, 02:31 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,424,458 times

Advertisements

Not sure why anyone posts advice for the OP. He's been given alot of decent advice long before this thread and doesn't take any of it on board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 04:03 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,257,139 times
Defintely agree with the OP about going to the gym -- it's certainly not for everyone. I'd much rather hit the hiking trails than go exercise with a bunch of meatheads at the gym, and pay for that privlidge... also its NOT a good place at all to meet women....

Davros -- you ought to check out AZ like one of the other posters said and start yourself a brand new life. You really have nothing to lose, you don't like State College, so make a radical change and see what happens. I'm sure you could find a job in Arizona if you tried.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:15 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
According to ALL the "I'm lonely and can't find a girlfriend" threads that is ALL woman want, MONEY.
Then they're obviously looking at the wrong women. I've never been attracted to money, and considering I've worked around multi billionaires who casually buy Aston Martins and jets I'm fairly used to being around expensive things. I crave none of it. Except for maybe a plane...but I plan on getting that myself and doing a share with other people I feel very uncomfortable receiving gifts...maybe that's why I don't like ostentatious shows of wealth?

Old 08-08-2012, 04:17 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,982,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
25 ? That's young. 28 is young too.

It's too late for me. I'm 32. In this dump, that's equivalent to being 90.
If 32 is too late for you then it makes me ancient as I 38 and never had a long term relationship

Old 08-08-2012, 05:54 AM

120 posts, read 211,744 times
So what if you can't get a girlfriend? It's not like it's the end of the world. There are many more important things in life than just pleasing women and society, at least for me.

I already accepted the fact that I will probably never have sex or a girlfriend and that I'm destined to be a loner since I'm quite ugly, obese and poor. However this will never ever stop me from satisfying my other, more important ambitions.

Old 08-08-2012, 06:30 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,231,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
So what if you can't get a girlfriend? It's not like it's the end of the world. There are many more important things in life than just pleasing women and society, at least for me.

I already accepted the fact that I will probably never have sex or a girlfriend and that I'm destined to be a loner since I'm quite ugly, obese and poor. However this will never ever stop me from satisfying my other, more important ambitions.
Assuming that you're not trolling.. Well not having a gf is not the
end of the world, but trust me, at first you think it's all ok, but day after day you will start to get desperate.. It's more of a need, not necessarily a want..

But you can't be that poor, you have the Internet lol

Old 08-08-2012, 09:32 AM

48 posts, read 95,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
According to ALL the "I'm lonely and can't find a girlfriend" threads that is ALL woman want, MONEY.
Then those are just the wrong women. You gotta weed out the bad ones to find the good ones. Avoid all women who are just lusting after those dirty dollar bills!

A women you want to be with is an intelligent one, who can be independent, and can and wants to... make her own money.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:04 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,204,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'm assuming that for the OP, applying for and interviewing for a new job, finding a new apartment, etc. would bring up the same fears of putting himself out there and of rejection.
Those are necessities.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:06 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,204,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Assuming that you're not trolling.. Well not having a gf is not the
end of the world, but trust me, at first you think it's all ok, but day after day you will start to get desperate.. It's more of a need, not necessarily a want..

But you can't be that poor, you have the Internet lol
It's not a need.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:23 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,073,567 times
Unless you are in Prison or the Military, if you don't like your position in life, MOVE, it is a very big world.

If you are having problems finding a partner, take a look at "the man in the mirror" and as Michael was implying, NOT the physical man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships