Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 08:43 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I had just told another poster here that I have both a big mouth and a bad temper, and sometimes this comes through in the tone of my posts...I took a brief (almost 4-month) vacation from C-D, because I could feel the meanness really starting to take hold

But I digress here..I'm replying because, after just now reading your post that some things need to be said---Captain-style

This is beginning to become almost a regular occurrence here...she starts a thread and then the sound of the accompanying pity-party becomes deafening, like standing in a wind tunnel with no ear-protection...and god forbid you try to tell her anything that isn't (or doesn't sound like) what she wants to hear (Oh no Anna!...hot men will come running to date you, even though you whine like a busted car engine, and bleat like a freshly-shorn goat about how you wish you were magically lighter...you're fine!)

Then the fun really starts...and you just experienced it first-hand---getting called a jealous white woman and a racist, in another forum, when men and women of all colors and walks of life (including me at some point) have tried to offer help and advice here...

Well, enough...I hope she reads this, because people are (from what I have read here) beginning to get tired of the same old song , with a few minor alterations to the verses...Peep this---

You are not gonna get ANYWHERE in this life, with men or in general, unless you grow the bleep up, with the quickness, drop the ongoing 'woe-is-me' perpetual crying jag and realize that your own worst enemy isn't anyone in your family, or anyone here on C-D---it is YOU and your funkier-than-a-James Brown double-greatest-hits-collection ATTITUDE, and your apparent alarming inability to accept criticsm, constructive or otherwise
Catfish... I don't know if you're an older man or not... but you are always always on the money.

Good job and I like the way you have a real sense of fairness in your posts.

Kudos.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:45 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Yeah it's unacceptable to attack a white person, I guess I need to learn my place.

Just where are people like you when black people are routinely called monkeys in the yahoo comment section? I never hear commentaries like this in our defense. Or even in the Politics section where white posters are always making racist generalizations about black men and women. It seems the moment someone says anything not nice about white people you get so upset..I get attacked from white people all the time & nobody does a thing about that
Jesus H. SERIOUSLY? Little girl, you need to grow the f**k up. There will be people that are going to attack you the rest of your days, I guarantee it. Everyone gets insulted and verbally abused at some point...you can't let every silly little comment offend you. Pretty white girls are NOT immune. No ONE is immune. Get over it. Grow UP. No one will EVER want to spend any time with someone that carries their own pity party wherever they go, rather they will run like hell to get away from you.

Last edited by ChessieMom; 08-05-2012 at 09:11 PM..

Old 08-05-2012, 08:50 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
Since its hard for women to know what league they are in because very good looking men often lower their standards for sex...what are other ways for a woman to know what type of guys are in her league??

If men and women would just be who they are and quit worrying about being who others "expect" or "want" them to be their relationships with each other would be so much easier and less dramatic.

Personally the only one I need to worry with being in their league is GOD, otherwise I could care less what others think of me.

Old 08-05-2012, 08:56 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,836,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I do not go there but you rest assured, if a person of any race is being attacked, I will stand up for them.

It is not ok for anyone to attack someone in a racial manner.

I got upset when you and two other black women attacked a white man for no reason for 8 pages. He said nothing against black people in the least and you attacked him over and over.

There was no reason for you or the other women to attack him.

I stroll into a thread about natural beauty and that is not what it was about at all.

I have been involved in only those two threads on cd ever in reference to defending my race.

If you can find another one, I will own up to it, but you won't.

You are the attacker of white people.. Then white people stand up for themselves. That is much different than being attacked.
Pikantari, I wouldn't even argue back with her anymore. There is no need to. I'm an African American woman myself. I don't see you as racist. It's laughable to even have to say that. Don't defend what you know. Don't even entertain her negative energy. You have way too much of a beautiful and POSITIVE spirit to even have to ever go there with her.

Nyanna needs some serious help outside of a realm that any of us on CD can give her. ANY OF US-- black, white, purple, tall, short, small, pink, blue green.

I think everyone should just stop entertaining Nyanna. It's clear she has made negativity and pessimism her home.

Nyanna I just hope you get the mental and emotional help you need. It's really sad. It really is. And I mean that in the most sincere way. I really do.

Last edited by FromTN2A2; 08-05-2012 at 09:15 PM..

Old 08-05-2012, 09:13 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I do not go there but you rest assured, if a person of any race is being attacked, I will stand up for them.

It is not ok for anyone to attack someone in a racial manner.

I got upset when you and two other black women attacked a white man for no reason for 8 pages. He said nothing against black people in the least and you attacked him over and over.

There was no reason for you or the other women to attack him.

I stroll into a thread about natural beauty and that is not what it was about at all.

I have been involved in only those two threads on cd ever in reference to defending my race.

If you can find another one, I will own up to it, but you won't.

You are the attacker of white people.. Then white people stand up for themselves. That is much different than being attacked.
He got attacked because he deserved it. He got his panties all in a bunch because one poster asked a question on where to find a salon that does black hair. He thought the question was racist. If he had any knowledge he would know that most salons in white neighborhoods don't specialize in treating Afro-kinky hair, most are not even taught how to do that type of hair. Then he ignorantly replied about some middle eastern woman who had curly hair and how she did just fine finding salons to do her hair ...well their hair type is nothing like Afro kinky hair. He was being really insensitive and had no business commenting in that thread.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:18 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,372,399 times
Quote:
He got attacked because he deserved it. He got his panties all in a bunch because one poster asked a question on where to find a salon that does black hair. He thought the question was racist. If he had any knowledge he would know that most salons in white neighborhoods don't specialize in treating Afro-kinky hair, most are not even taught how to do that type of hair. Then he ignorantly replied about some middle eastern woman who had curly hair and how she did just fine finding salons to do her hair ...and their hair type is nothing like African hair. He was being really insensitive and had no business commenting in that thread.
You are an outright liar. He saw a program on Judge Joe where someone didn't pay the correct amount for a weave and was being sued. He couldn't believe that someone would pay more than a hundred dollars to get their hair done.

He asked his wife who has a few black friends that work with her at Wal Mart. They all make minimum wage and work part time.

He wondered if there was an alternative to the higher priced things some people had done.

IT WAS HIS THREAD! You can go to the administrative forum to see a link to it where I have complained.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:21 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,372,399 times
People already know you are a joke. I don't forget anything. If I am sitting here in my living room raging over your treatment of a man you better bet, I am not going to forget it. I will not forget the thread where you were bashing me.

It would be nice if people like you were banned but it is not going to happen. They will continue to let people like you talk to and treat others the way you do because that way, you can't pull the race card on them.

Thats ok. I already pulled the race card on them. Thanks for your help in the matter.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:22 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,308,861 times
Quote:
He got attacked because he deserved it. He got his panties all in a bunch because one poster asked a question on where to find a salon that does black hair. He thought the question was racist. If he had any knowledge he would know that most salons in white neighborhoods don't specialize in treating Afro-kinky hair, most are not even taught how to do that type of hair. Then he ignorantly replied about some middle eastern woman who had curly hair and how she did just fine finding salons to do her hair ...well their hair type is nothing like Afro kinky hair. He was being really insensitive and had no business commenting in that thread.
oi vey, you're like a brick wall seriously.

There are plenty of places where you can learn how to take care of your hair, either through youtube or finding a salon/stylist that specializes in kinky hair.

Lots of generalizations I can pick apart in this little post of yours, but I don't feel like feeding the troll today.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:22 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,697,954 times
Quote:
Yeah it's unacceptable to attack a white person, I guess I need to learn my place.

Just where are people like you when black people are routinely called monkeys in the yahoo comment section? I never hear commentaries like this in our defense. Or even in the Politics section where white posters are always making racist generalizations about black men and women. It seems the moment someone says anything not nice about white people you get so upset..I get attacked from white people all the time & nobody does a thing about that
I know I will be in the doghouse with the mods for saying this but that first line just screams troll to me.

Anyway, Nyanna get out your pathetic pity party and listen the flip up. This may shock you but I am of partial Black American descent and you are doing a severe disservice to the Black community. The other racial communities already have more than enough reasons to hate us and some openly do. Take pride in yourself because the fact that you are wallowing in this abyss of self-hate is not only doing yourself wrong but it is doing all of us wrong. You should never consider yourself inferior to another race. You should be able to stare at a White/Asian/Hispanic etc.. person in the eyes as an equal human being.

You haven't experienced racial abuse like I have and you and I both haven't experienced racial abuse like our ancestors have. I'm not saying you should be an arrogant a** but I am saying that you don't sell yourself short. The US society has a microscope on Blacks and love to jump on them when a Black person does wrong. You need to quit being your worst enemy because you have far too many of them in society just for the color of your skin.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:26 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
oi vey, you're like a brick wall seriously.

There are plenty of places where you can learn how to take care of your hair, either through youtube or finding a salon/stylist that specializes in kinky hair.

Lots of generalizations I can pick apart in this little post of yours, but I don't feel like feeding the troll today.
I know how to do my own hair. But that particular poster wanted to have her hair done at a salon that specializes in Afro-kinky hair

Quote:
You are an outright liar. He saw a program on Judge Joe where someone didn't pay the correct amount for a weave and was being sued. He couldn't believe that someone would pay more than a hundred dollars to get their hair done.

He asked his wife who has a few black friends that work with her at Wal Mart. They all make minimum wage and work part time.

He wondered if there was an alternative to the higher priced things some people had done.

IT WAS HIS THREAD! You can go to the administrative forum to see a link to it where I have complained.
You must be referring to a different thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships