Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 12:08 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,099,782 times

Advertisements

gym? ehhh..., a lot of girls say they don't like being hit on in gyms. And it's awkward to start a conversation, plus I'm busy working out.
Then again, I get plenty of ogles since I'm wearing those tight, form-showing/enhancing "Powercore" shirts they sell at Target, that show off my sexiness. :-)

Old 08-29-2012, 12:22 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
gym? ehhh..., a lot of girls say they don't like being hit on in gyms. And it's awkward to start a conversation, plus I'm busy working out.
Then again, I get plenty of ogles since I'm wearing those tight, form-showing/enhancing "Powercore" shirts they sell at Target, that show off my sexiness. :-)
It depends on the gym. Some gyms are more casual and if it's a young crowd, chatting with people in-between sets is not unwelcome. Some gyms are way more open to socializing than others. The community gyms, or the YMCA gyms, the university gyms, these all tend to be open socializing. Guys go hoping to see women they might be interested in, some women go with the same hope. Even the expensive guys have a juice bar where people can socialize after their workout. If women are checking you out at your gym, just give them a smile and a "hi" as you pass in the hall, or as she moves on to a different workout, and you take her machine. (You never know if the women who are checking you out are already taken, though...)

Old 08-29-2012, 12:26 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,726 times
Quote:
Go **** yourself. Jesus Christ, a guy can't comment on American culture? A couple other posters pointed out the same thing I was saying. Our culture talks a lot about nothing. I'm not a good guy because I realize that? How about the other posters who said the same thing? They're not good people?

Who are you wanna be school marms who are jumping on any minor non-PC interjections? What the hell, man?

Sorry for the cuss/insult, mods, but this is ridiculous. It's like some people just use the internet to act like they're more enlightened/PC-sensitive than they actually are in real life, cause I know ain't nobody really going around complaining to people about their use of the word "retarded" in coversation, you can't be like that IRL and not get punched in the face.
You gotta lotta work aheada ya, bruthuh.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:31 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,726 times
Quote:

Thanks for the laughs, OP. This gets better and better by the minute.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
You gotta lotta work aheada ya, bruthuh
Actually i don't, since like i said, whining about non-PC terminology is a huge social faux pas, and it shows less than the best social skills in the complainer. If you were at a party, and you complained about as something as trivial as the term "retarded" for stupid, you'd quickly get groans and/or get made fun of. At a party I wouldn't be hostile, but you'd better believe I'd mock you to get you to be quiet and others would join in, like "Oh yeah, your sociology professor told ya that?", or "Oh Jeez. Sorry Ms. School Marm" or "Ms. Sensitive" or "Your vagina's showing". And if you were in a bar, I'd immediately be hostile if you weren't in my group, and tell you to mind your own damned business or else.
These are the responses you can expect from peple in real life if you complain about simple everyday speech, and you know it. No I'm not that hostile in real life, because I've never met anyone that obnoxious to play PC police in regular conversation. But if there were, that's how I'd act.

And let's add that these behaviors are the sort that people here keep posting are like those of the not-nice guys who manage to get laid. In reality they're just the behaviors of not being a *****. And none of this suprises me, since i suspect I'm more of a alpha male/beta male/regular guy (not omega, if you will) who got abused (sort of) and grew an aversion to people, never been actually shy.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:52 PM

oh wait, I'm now thinking you didn't say that derogatorily... if that's the case, my mistake

Old 08-29-2012, 12:57 PM

lol, guys, and ladies, you know what I'm talking about. Those shirts are for men what Spanx are for women, they can make any member of the gender hot... well actually not so much for guys maybe... I'd say above a certain upper-body-builtness and/or not fat-ness

it's like yeah, sure, they only made this shirt form fitting so that there's no hanging fabric and it chafes less and doesn'tr get in the way, we swear, that's the only reason!

Go to Target, go to the "Active Wear" section, they have them. It's by Target's own brand, they say "Powercore" on them. They're like Underarmor stuff, only affordable. I'm a shirt medium, but I get L or XL (Can't remember) because medium is TOO tight and exposes my little bit of extra fat I still got; still haven't gotten completely lean yet.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:01 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Actually i don't, since like i said, whining about non-PC terminology is a huge social faux pas, and it shows less than the best social skills in the complainer. If you were at a party, and you complained about as something as trivial as the term "retarded" for stupid, you'd quickly get groans and/or get made fun of.
Not in my circles, using "retarded" or "gay" as slurs will get you ostracized real quicklike. A colleague has a son with Down's Syndrome, and if anyone uses the R-word around her, there's hell to pay. There's no need to offend people if you don't have to.

Not Acceptable R-word PSA - YouTube

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 08-29-2012 at 01:16 PM..

Old 08-29-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Not in my circles, using "retarded" or "gay" as slurs will get you ostracized real quicklike.
No it won't, you're just trying to look righteous/better than everyone else on the internet.
But in real life it won't, because nobody's like that.
Unless you're part of a college-professor, ultra-liberal crowd and don't like associating outside of that little circle, which would be pathetic.

Old 08-29-2012, 01:14 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,620 times
Quote:
Oh god, would you ****in' false sensitive morons shut up? I highly doubt you actually go around complaining about "retarded" in real life.

I never have to tell people off like this because people never behave like this. Me and other posters are making a comment about American culture, and you jagaloons are whining about colloquial speech, and then whining when I tell off your annoying asses for it? Please.

Alright, school marms, could we drop the freggin whining? I'm going to use the term "retarded" colloquially, just like every other under-30 person does, and if you're actually insulted, there is something socially wrong with you, and you should keep it to yourself instead of going OT on my thread. And I'm supposedly the one with Aspberger's, Jeez. You know that sort of complaint, to complain about non-PC like "retarded" or "black guy" in the middle of a conversation is exactly the sort of stuff that brings up groans from all the normies, and you know it, like people who protest against the custom of tipping. It's a faux pas and you know it.

In short, PLEASE STOP GOING OT ON MY POST.
If you need to express self-righteous offense to minor things, go make a Bill O'Reilly puppet and go scream at it for waging a "war on women" or something.
I was not off topic. The reason you struggle in conversations is because you come off like a person most people I know would want nothing to do with. I don't give a rats ass about political correctness or using those oh so friendly terms that are supposed to somehow make something that sucks more palatable. I do recognize that others do care so as a politeness I do not do something which I know is sure to offend some people. This is something that people do because respect is a two way street and you will never get or be respected when you yourself are not respectful.

There is more. You also come off as judgmental and immature. You have further made the mistake of assuming that you are right when often there is no right answer and then furthered that mistake by assuming that only the people who agree with you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Again if want to identify what it is that is causing you troubles in conversation look in a mirror and you will see the problem staring back at you. I can promise you if you speak to people the way you do here you can expect your conversations to be just long enough for the other person to find something more enjoyable to do like getting a root canal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships