Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2012, 02:57 PM

190 posts, read 305,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Nothing wrong with paying for sex. It's only taboo in America (due to our puritan roots). It is widely accepted everywhere else in the world and even encouraged in some places.
I never knew this. Interesting. I should have done it years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 03:01 PM

676 posts, read 1,261,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
This is all the fear of social anxiety speaking. Not all women run for the door when they find out a man is a virgin. My wife is my only partner, and when she learned I was a virgin she did not run for the door. She respected my decisions, and my hangups (I had severe social anxiety too), and did not place judgement on my status of a virgin, but instead was judging my heart based on my actions as a person.

Maybe some women would be turned off. That is perfectly all right too! Maybe hurtful at times, but not everyone is going to fit into the same box. Doesn't mean there is no hope.
Good post. I'm in my 40s, and I wouldn't reject a man because he was a virgin. It would depend on why. A lot of people are shy or don't meet the right person.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exscapegoat View Post
Good post. I'm in my 40s, and I wouldn't reject a man because he was a virgin. It would depend on why. A lot of people are shy or don't meet the right person.
I think you're definitely in the minority.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:07 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
Both, but that's a common symptom. Just because someone doesn't become close to you could have deeper meanings (and worse) than not being a virgin. I knew neighbors like this and it turned out they sure as Hell weren't virgins. But the poor neighbors suffered child abuse and spouse abuse.
So they say that an indicator of someone being a virgin is a fear of getting close. But in what way though? They're right if it's a fear of physical closeness but a fear of emotional closeness is not an accurate indicator at all.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:09 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,152,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
So they say that an indicator of someone being a virgin is a fear of getting close. But in what way though? They're right if it's a fear of physical closeness but a fear of emotional closeness is not an accurate indicator at all.
!!!

Old 09-17-2012, 03:09 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
So once you get it over with, how do you plan to go about informing society that you are no longer a "complete and utter failure?"
Exactly. I think prostitution should be legal but I wouldn't advise someone in this situation to pay for it. It won't be the same because you still won't know how to attract women to sleep with you. Your basically back at square one but with some experience

Old 09-17-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Exactly. I think prostitution should be legal but I wouldn't advise someone in this situation to pay for it. It won't be the same because you still won't know how to attract women to sleep with you. Your basically back at square one but with some experience
To be honest not all of us are too concerned about attracting women and learning game. I could never learn how to spit game. I'm just not capable. A prostitute is actually one of the best options for someone who has social anxiety and isn't desirable. Paying for it really isn't as bad as it sounds. It feels much, much worse to remain a virgin for more years and not get sex.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:15 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,120,212 times
Quote:
Which is why I'd rather put the work in. It'll take longer but It'll have more meaning to me than get getting a hooker.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:16 PM

977 posts, read 1,815,305 times
Quote:
Yeah, it's treating the symptom, not the disease. The virginity isn't so much the turnoff as what it may indicate (social anxiety, weirdness, etc). I mean, setting religion aside, I don't think many women would turn down Tim Tebow or someone who looked like him and carried himself in that way and wasn't a football player.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:18 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
!!!
Well it is obvious. Can't do the deed if you don't like being touched.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships